Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was thinking about making a big ASMR thread here, but I want to see if there are any experiancers on here before I put in the effort.

For those who don't know, from wikipedia:

Quote:
Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial,[1] with strong anecdotal evidence to support the phenomenon but little or no scientific explanation or verified data.

I'd be happy to elaborate if anyone has any questions.
Tony Reagan Washington
I'm subscribed to Psychetruth on youtube because I like watching their models get massaged and I sometimes pretend I'm the one receiving the massage
redface
does that count?

Um...no. But thats cool, I guess. Nothing wrong with that.

Demonic Hunter

I get ASMR and I love watching them on youtube. My favorite ASMRtists currently are GentleWhispering, MassageASMR and Deep Ocean of Sounds.

Indulgent Partner

Mari Kyomo
I get ASMR and I love watching them on youtube. My favorite ASMRtists currently are GentleWhispering, MassageASMR and Deep Ocean of Sounds.
MassageASMR! Manwelle and his ruffles!

Adorable Fisher

Its highly creepy to me.

Invisible Lunatic

I like them because they help me relax. It's pretty hard to find videos I like, though. Crinkle noises do almost nothing for me, and that's seems to be one of most popular triggers, for some reason.
Blackrose_The_Knight
Mari Kyomo
MassageASMR! Manwelle and his ruffles!

I actually like Emphemeral Rift. I don't find him relaxing, I just think he's interesting. I also like VeniVidiVulpes, ASMRrequests and VisualSounds1.

GentleWhispering is like...the ASMR Matron Goddess.
RyaZombie
I like them because they help me relax. It's pretty hard to find videos I like, though. Crinkle noises do almost nothing for me, and that's seems to be one of most popular triggers, for some reason.

I agree, I'm not into it. :/ I also don't like videos with multiple triggers in them because at any moment, a sound I don't like might bring me out of that zen-space. I tend to stick to voice or whispering only videos. I love nail tapping but hate scratching, and videos that feature either always seem to have both. >.<
MarigoldMari
Its highly creepy to me.

I can see why they would be creepy if you don't experience ASMR. The videos creep out my roommate. xD

Liberal Receiver

Some music, and the change from extreme cold to pleasantly hot does this.
However the ASMR specific videos do nothing for me.
Extreme cold to hot is probably not countable though, because it's an almost all-over body sensation.

The reaction to music starts with a warm tingly in my head-to-spine joint.
However, the music in question is usually emotionally charged for me, such as:

But Gregorian chanting works too. So I dunno.

Then again Ronan Harris' voice is kinda whispery, and if he made an audiobook, I'm pretty damn sure that I could just fall asleep listening to him.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Mamiko Noto sets of ASMR for me like no other.

I think its the combination of how soft her voice is and how articulate she is, but its so soothing I feel like I'm made of jello after listening to her voice.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I had to YouTube it to find out what it was. And it was a mixture of creeping Mr out/sounds making me want to gag.

So. I don't know if I count. I definitely felt something (sick) from some of the sounds.

But it's not something I'd like to do again.

Neat trick.

Have fun.
Shark Bacon
I had to YouTube it to find out what it was. And it was a mixture of creeping Mr out/sounds making me want to gag.

So. I don't know if I count. I definitely felt something (sick) from some of the sounds.

But it's not something I'd like to do again.

Neat trick.

Have fun.

You know it's funny...people either get grossed out by it, or they feel relaxed and really good. There never seems to be an in-between.

Tipsy Kitten

I'm a HUGE ASMR addict, I listen to it almost every night. Even thinking about it is giving me the tingles lol
I discovered what it was a few years ago, however I remember the first time ever experiencing it was when I was in kindergarten and learning how to use chopsticks for a cultural day or something like that and having the woman who was showing us lean over me.

Tapping, scratching, and crinkling noises are my favorite. Mouth sounds are starting to grow on me. I like objects being tapped together better than nails and 3D sounds are a MUST, especially ear to ear
I bought a really nice pair of earphones specially for my ASMR addiction.

Favorite artists:
MassageASMR does EXCELLENT tapping videos, he does the tiniest tapping sounds up close to your ears and his videos are superb. However I think he talks too much in a lot of them, but that's not too bad of a negative for me. Plus I think he's really attractive, and his accent is oh so wonderful.

asmrHQ has really nice videos. She has this ball in a plastic wrapper that makes me go into a coma. And she taps ping pong balls oh so wonderfully

DonnaASMR has nice videos.

For the occasion I like personal attention, GentleWhispering, and asmrRequests have great videos.

gah now I want to watch some.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces