Welcome to Gaia! ::

Once a Pokemon evolves, is it considered a different age/level or a difference species altogether?
I am just wondering, can a Pikachu make with a Plusle or is that not allowed? How do you think Pokemons make babies anyway? Food for thought.

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
"When two pokemon love each other very much..."

Cue the G-rated Daycare explanation!
As long as they are in the same egg group species won't matter.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

different species but pokemon can make eggs with any species within their egg group (not like animals who usually only produce offspring within one species)

I personally think pokemon make eggs by using the same magic power that they use to create new bodies when they evolve. Only put that energy towards making a baby pokemon.

It's my theory based on the daycare's explanation that eggs just seem to "appear"
(not so different from how a pokemon's new form just "appears" when they evolve)
Also pokemon eggs are about the size of a football and it would not be reasonable to think that a very small pokemon like pikachu or dedenne could physically lay such a large egg.
Thank you very much everyone for your responses!! I especially like Feather Kana's G rated response. And I believe that it will always remain a mystery of how this magic seems to happen. Pokemon only get it on when we are not looking.

Magical Cutesmasher

16,075 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Egg group compatibility can be hinted by the day care staff dialogue when there's two. Two different pokemon within the common egg group while bearing identical trainer IDs gives the least likelihood of an egg, so that takes time. If the two prefer being with others than between them, then that's zero chance. Highest likelihood of eggs is two identical pokemon of different trainer IDs.

Evolution to the next species line is considered different from the other, so yep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff