Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Genius

11,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
a happy kid

It is. It's only a matter of time before the company ceases to exist due to lack of funds coming in. It may or may not be soon, but it will happen.

I don't know how many employees they have, but they claim it costs $25 million a year to maintain the site. If they have around 50 employees, with 10 @ C or D level, I'd assume their payroll costs would be around $5-6 million a year, including benefits, insurance, and the like. Advertisement is probably negligible, as they don't do much of it, if any. Server costs probably run them half a million or less a year. (Their needs are probably pretty low for what the site offers.) They probably spend around $10 million a year in total costs, unless the CEO is writing himself checks for $15 million a year, I don't see it costing them what they say it does.

I'm not sure what they're pulling in with Gaia Cash, but I know at the moment it's astronomical. They're going to keep milking their users for what they can until the money runs dry. When the money flow slows down, they won't see a need to keep the site going, and they'll liquidate and shut down.

Ruthless Genius

11,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Alright. I'm logging off for the night. I may or may not be back tomorrow. It depends on if I have work or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff