Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Codger

Aoi Azami
You sound so interesting emotion_c8
I too like Japanese culture and anime/manga. I'm dying to go to Japan some day!
I absolutely loved the Kingdom Hearts games and I'm super excited about the third one coming out. I like the newer Pokemon games cos the graphics on the old ones bother me, I've still played them all though annndd Minecraft... well I'm too afraid of skeletons so I play it on peaceful half the time don't judge me pls </3
Languages are one of my strong points! I can speak German, English, Irish ( emotion_puke ) and a little Japanese
I wanted to be an animator for video games or movies because I grew up loving art and drawing and painting since I was little and having a mom who went to art college influenced me a lot
I am absolutely horrible at all music instruments emotion_donotwant but I think the ocarina sounds beautiful and I'm definitely jealous of you haha

I'm not THAT interesting, but I could try and be really conceited and agree. /kidding

YES. YES. VISITING JAPAN. YES PLEASE. I would probably buy a whole bagful of candy, and then steal one of the locals, but not really. Then I would continue going through everything from modern Japan to traditional and old Japan. I don't know how I'd handle it all. I really don't. *too much excite*

I'm literally excited just to get 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remixes. I haven't bought a PS3 yet (mostly because I can't move on from my PS2 games... I was hoping to buy the older model PS3 to play all of my previous games, but then I heard that the space on the old PS3's are atrocious... /ramble) I'm actually going to play some KH2 in a bit for no apparent reason.
No judging for peaceful mode on MC. I play about 75% on creative and the other 25% on survival. Creating is my obsession.
And I actually really like sprites for Pokemon, but 3D models has really spoiled us. (I'm in love with Black and White...)

I struggle with conjugation sometimes, but I'm good at memorizing vocab, I suppose! I can speak small amounts of French, Japanese, and Korean mainly because I'm the equivalent of an entire world language weeaboo... However, I took 4 years of Spanish, and my native tongue is English. So, yeah! My gf actually got me a Hiragana and Katakana for Beginners book, and I'm really into word art! (more rambles... heh...) You'll have to share some of your language knowledge with me!

AWWWW. That's cool! I think having more game devs would work out in this very sloppy world of games. We can never have enough art, so yeah. I'm guessing you mostly worked on traditional arts, but then moved on to CG art? Do you still have the same plans in life?

I mean, I can only play by ear... ^^; I haven't actually progressed with actual music writing, reading, performing. It's mainly a pastime. I literally started goofing around and playing them like 2 years ago. (Ocarina for $5-6 USD that is off tune, and then more recently 2 or so months ago I bought 3 plastic recorders for $2.99 USD each) It's incredible how fun it is to express yourself through music. It's even more addicting than written word and art. Oh goodness. Like, I don't really have musical talent, but it is WONDERFUL.

EDIT:

ALSO, my ocarina sounds wretched. You can jealous if you want, but that ocarina isn't going to win me a music award. xDDD

Tipsy Conversationalist

8,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Meh Ish Dum
XxDevious-AngelxX

User Image
Devious Says...

Hello, We have a few things in common.
- into anime, manga
- I play Minecraft, I haven't played Kingdom Heart that much but from what I've played I do like it a lot,
I love Animal Crossing haven't been able to play it though because I don't have a Wii, DS, or GameCube.
- I am interested in learning about more religions how they work. (So I can have a debate about it)
- I only really listen to English because that's all I've liked so far. I think I've listened to one Korean (not sure if Korean or not) band.
- I play the piano
- Music is my bae! Joking but it is my life
- I watch way too much youtube and Netflix
- I'm human
- I'm a Christian

˙˙˙sʎɐs snoıʌǝ◖

Well, that's a lot to draw conversation from! I'll try not to go overboard on all of the points, but I'll try to put things together.

Any mangas and Animes you really like? Just curious if those overlap with mine.

I used to play MCPE pretty often, but then I started losing interest because there weren't many other people who enjoyed me jabbering on about it creatively. xD I also just restarted KH2 for the 4th or 5th time (maybe more) with my gf and I'm about to start my own game to recap on things of my own.

I don't research too much on other religions because I don't want them to dissuade me from Christianity, but I can consistently find that not too many other religions are centered around unconditional love between both the believer and the "god(s)." I do have quite a few debates on things concerning sin and Christianity on several occasions though.

You don't have to worry about exploring all the languages, but you can find really good works in all sorts of languages, let me tell ya! I recently got into Stromae (a Belgian who sings French) and he is really passionate about his music. (Papaoutai is a well known song of his dealing with the loss of his father at a young age) Yeah, I can get into music kind of too deep sometimes. ^^; However, I don't have any knowledge on reading or writing sheet music. I play by ear, and practice memorizing techniques on playing the instrument or singing.

(And I haven't delved into Netflix, but my one friend is convincing me that once he has an account, he will force me to watch Lost and I can borrow the use of his account at any time.) Youtube is my television essentially.

I haven't really been watching (or reading) any recently my sister wants me to watch Attack on Titan though. I've watched Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket (also read the manga some of it), ummmm trying to think of what else It's been so long.

MCPE? I normally play my xbox 360, I played Destiny on PS4 and I loved it, Halo and Call of Duty are good, I really want to play The Evil Within but I'm not sure if you can get that on Xbox 360. If not I will play it on the computer.

That's one thing most people underestimate me about. It's hard to influence me cause I mean even if someone held a gun at point blank I wouldn't convert my religion. Knowing what I know about the other religions and how I am. Christianity is pretty much the one I believe is the most believable. Which I believe because of a few things that have happened to me in the past.

The one main language I wanna explore is German actually...I just remembered I have listened to a foreign band! Ramstein, they are heavy metal and I just like them. Yeah the reason I want to learn German because I am 4th generation German. I do want to visit Germany one day also.

No matter what you do for Netflix watch one show. You will end up watching more than that. I mean I didn't think it would be a big deal. Then looking around there were more shows I wanted to watch. Soon Netflix took over my life and I'm sad because I can't watch it till Thursday though. I watch Smosh and other people on Youtube.

Friendly Codger

Nianisu
Meh Ish Dum
Nianisu
Hello. It's always nice seeing other Christians on Gaia.

I like Minecraft, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing as well. I don't play Animal Crossing that much, but I really enjoy Pokemon battling.

I would say I'm genuinely kind, like the title. Hopefully other people think that though. ^^;;

Oh, I agree to your first point very much so. However, you don't always find a devout crowd of them often. And when you do find them they're either not serious or they're the irrational "fire and brimstone" type.

I actually put down Pokemon and Animal Crossing for awhile. I took a pokemon break right before ORAS, and I just got pooped with ACNL because all I'd do is water carnations and I have a ridiculous amount on my beach... I don't want to quit them forever, but a few month break from them can be nice. MC is just not totally on my creative side right now. I'm into playing songs on recorder and ocarina. xD

I find that saying something is different than doing it. You don't have to explain that you're good to me. Your actions will speak louder ham your words. (Well... Words here are closest to actions I suppose. xD)

Yes, and it seems there are more and more people these days who are afraid to speak up for their faith. Afraid to say "Jesus" and not wanting to talk about Him. At times I think all of us can be that way out of fear of losing friends. But it's always good to see souls saved. ^^

It's really interesting, I never realized the ocarina was an actual instrument. I had always seen it on Legend of Zelda and thought it was a name they used. I play violin myself, though I'm not too good at it. I tend to make mostly electronic-based music. It involves computers and instrument software. ^^ I would like to learn how to play my violin better someday though so I can play Irish music, which is always upbeat and fun.

Oh my goodness yes. The only problem I have sometimes is bringing up Jesus in random conversation. I struggle with it a lot of the time, but I have tried. I must try harder, though... I usually try to live it, and be the example where people will bring it up in conversation. However, when I was in high school during junior- senior year, I would try to write tons of papers on my faith, or even do presentations for speech class talking about a few faith driven thoughts. I need do more of that stuff. I do suggest Christian music artists all the time to the unsaved. It is so refreshing to hear them say things like "This music feels different. It has a lot more meaning and has something behind it. Do you know what I mean...?"

I KNOW. I kinda assumed it was real because of it being plausible. (Plus, I did research on it to make sure it was real or not. xD) I ended up watching a lot of YT videos on them. Docjazz4 (a Christian music artist who plays guitar, possibly piano, sings, and also plays Ocarina. He is INCREDIBLE. Plus his Ocarina collection is on point)

And listen to this. Violin used to be my dream instrument, and the sorrowful and heart shattering sounds of a violin. They are LITERALLY the best in terms of sound for me. (then followed by piano, and then followed by guitar/ocarina in a tie) Lindsey Sterling is basically the other musical Youtuber I watched who has mastered the violin. :B However, playing Irish music? Yes please. You can do it... FOR AL OF US. heart

So you make Electronic genre music literally electronic? Sounds fascinating! If you have anything you would like me to check out, I'd be more than welcome to do so! (Unless you don't like sharing it because you don't have copyrights yet, or you don't have the stuff uploaded anywhere)

Friendly Codger

XxDevious-AngelxX

I haven't really been watching (or reading) any recently my sister wants me to watch Attack on Titan though. I've watched Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket (also read the manga some of it), ummmm trying to think of what else It's been so long.

MCPE? I normally play my xbox 360, I played Destiny on PS4 and I loved it, Halo and Call of Duty are good, I really want to play The Evil Within but I'm not sure if you can get that on Xbox 360. If not I will play it on the computer.

That's one thing most people underestimate me about. It's hard to influence me cause I mean even if someone held a gun at point blank I wouldn't convert my religion. Knowing what I know about the other religions and how I am. Christianity is pretty much the one I believe is the most believable. Which I believe because of a few things that have happened to me in the past.

The one main language I wanna explore is German actually...I just remembered I have listened to a foreign band! Ramstein, they are heavy metal and I just like them. Yeah the reason I want to learn German because I am 4th generation German. I do want to visit Germany one day also.

No matter what you do for Netflix watch one show. You will end up watching more than that. I mean I didn't think it would be a big deal. Then looking around there were more shows I wanted to watch. Soon Netflix took over my life and I'm sad because I can't watch it till Thursday though. I watch Smosh and other people on Youtube.

I can agree on that much. I used to watch Crunchyroll every day, but then I ended up taking a long break from it, and it started acting up once I updated. I have an average list of mangas and animes. I DID however complete Furuba the manga! (Fruits Basket) I would like to suggest AoT, but I'm not sure if you're into the gore and sad aspect. I loved it for quite some time, but the characters ended up becoming really hollow, and I didn't like that. :S

ANIMES: Finished... Another, Attack on Titan, Squid Girl, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Natsume Yuujinchou, Moyashimon, Sword Art Online, Dragon Crisis, No Game No Life, and (mostly) Bakuman. (Not Bakugan)

Working on... Blast of Tempest, Shugo Chara, Future Card Buddyfight, Cardfight Vanguard, Fairy Tail, Beyond the Boundary, GA Geijustuka Art Design Class, Magi, etc.

MANGA: Finished... Fruits Basket!, Generation 1 of Pokemon Adventures, and... not much else...

Worked on... Pokemon Adventures, The Wallflower: Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Shingeki No Kyoujin (Attack on Titan), Vampire Knight, and a few others that I cannot remember for the life of me.

Minecraft Pocket Edition. Basically touch screen MC for phones, tablets, etc.I'm actually not too into FPS games, and I haven't caught up to any of the next gen consoles. :/ I'm literally stuck at Wii, PS2, and 3DS (well 3DS is next gen I suppose) I'm mainly JRPG and adventure game oriented, but nevertheless, what's your typical genre go to?

That's wonderful! I'm glad you believe that way! I have always had random thoughts of doubt in my head, but then I always think back to events in the past where God was clearly speaking to me, or other people. And I always have had that feeling that God is in the room. It just feels like everything is right, and He is giving us all peace of mind in that moment. It can be incredible. Something interesting, though... I had a dream about a bible verse and my cousin was doing some looking into it the day after I had it, and didn't tell her about it until then. It was CRAZY. It's 2 Timothy 1:7.

German was always an intriguing language to me. It just sounds different, and I like it. I'm strange. xD Rammstein! That sounds so familiar! I'll have to check them out later! I really hope you pursue another language. It's incredibly satisfying being able to talk to people with different languages. So, go after it, and try your best! I'll pray that you do well!

Your Netflix addiction is essentially my Youtube and Crunchyroll addiction. I literally have a routine every night where I'll start watching the people who release content at 3 PM EST, and then the people who release content at 5 PM. It's a problem. I feel ya. I watch Shane (Dawson, but his daily videos channel), Chuggaaconroy, MasaeAnela, Vechs, Cryaotic, Shaytards, etc. I kind of slowed down on YT as of late, but I still have a sick routine. Or rather... sickening...

I'll take your advice though! If you have any specific shows you're into that I could check out once I get access to Netflix, let me know! xD

Divine Phantom

Meh Ish Dum
Aoi Azami
You sound so interesting emotion_c8
I too like Japanese culture and anime/manga. I'm dying to go to Japan some day!
I absolutely loved the Kingdom Hearts games and I'm super excited about the third one coming out. I like the newer Pokemon games cos the graphics on the old ones bother me, I've still played them all though annndd Minecraft... well I'm too afraid of skeletons so I play it on peaceful half the time don't judge me pls </3
Languages are one of my strong points! I can speak German, English, Irish ( emotion_puke ) and a little Japanese
I wanted to be an animator for video games or movies because I grew up loving art and drawing and painting since I was little and having a mom who went to art college influenced me a lot
I am absolutely horrible at all music instruments emotion_donotwant but I think the ocarina sounds beautiful and I'm definitely jealous of you haha

I'm not THAT interesting, but I could try and be really conceited and agree. /kidding

YES. YES. VISITING JAPAN. YES PLEASE. I would probably buy a whole bagful of candy, and then steal one of the locals, but not really. Then I would continue going through everything from modern Japan to traditional and old Japan. I don't know how I'd handle it all. I really don't. *too much excite*

I'm literally excited just to get 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remixes. I haven't bought a PS3 yet (mostly because I can't move on from my PS2 games... I was hoping to buy the older model PS3 to play all of my previous games, but then I heard that the space on the old PS3's are atrocious... /ramble) I'm actually going to play some KH2 in a bit for no apparent reason.
No judging for peaceful mode on MC. I play about 75% on creative and the other 25% on survival. Creating is my obsession.
And I actually really like sprites for Pokemon, but 3D models has really spoiled us. (I'm in love with Black and White...)

I struggle with conjugation sometimes, but I'm good at memorizing vocab, I suppose! I can speak small amounts of French, Japanese, and Korean mainly because I'm the equivalent of an entire world language weeaboo... However, I took 4 years of Spanish, and my native tongue is English. So, yeah! My gf actually got me a Hiragana and Katakana for Beginners book, and I'm really into word art! (more rambles... heh...) You'll have to share some of your language knowledge with me!

AWWWW. That's cool! I think having more game devs would work out in this very sloppy world of games. We can never have enough art, so yeah. I'm guessing you mostly worked on traditional arts, but then moved on to CG art? Do you still have the same plans in life?

I mean, I can only play by ear... ^^; I haven't actually progressed with actual music writing, reading, performing. It's mainly a pastime. I literally started goofing around and playing them like 2 years ago. (Ocarina for $5-6 USD that is off tune, and then more recently 2 or so months ago I bought 3 plastic recorders for $2.99 USD each) It's incredible how fun it is to express yourself through music. It's even more addicting than written word and art. Oh goodness. Like, I don't really have musical talent, but it is WONDERFUL.

EDIT:

ALSO, my ocarina sounds wretched. You can jealous if you want, but that ocarina isn't going to win me a music award. xDDD

I know, ugh their food is so good <3 I don't think Id ever want to leave but its nearly a 31 hour journey to Japan from where I am and I would not be able for that emotion_8c

I wanna play those so bad but I, still, only have a PS2 with no money to upgrade yet ;~; Aw my Kingdom Hearts 2 is scratched so it goes eternal black screen when I go to the Pirates of the Caribbean world so I can never restart again </3 But I still haven't beat Sephiroth so at least that's oneimpossible goal I can work towards
What's your favourite Pokemon? I love shiny Gyarados but my friends don't let mw catch them anymore cos of this one time I taught him Rock Smash, I was desperate okay?xD

Oh dear I couldn't stand French, it sounds so lovely but pronunciation isn't my strong point which is really odd since I'm good at German and horrible at Irish, which should be my mother tongue but obviously we mostly all speak English over here emotion_sweatdrop
Ah I could not get my head around Hiragana or Katakana at all which is the main reason I stopped self teaching it, but I like Spanish - my best friend always swears at me in Spanish </3

Yes! I love CG art but I've heard the animation side of it gets quite mathsy which is never good for me emotion_zombie Uhm well Id like to pursue veterinary but there's only one college course in the whole of Ireland that does it with ridiculously high standards and only 80 places. I don't fancy studying abroad alone for 5 years so if I don't get it I'll go straight to animation. Do you have any plans?

Haha you must be a lot more patient than I am, I have a keyboard but everytime I try to learn a song I end up mentally drained and ready to throw the keyboard from my window emotion_dowant But I do think if I took the time to learn properly it'd be worth it cos there's no better feeling than playing a piece of music perfectly :')

Shadowy Shade

Meh Ish Dum
Remedy Forgotten
I love languages, Ive studied many. I wish that no matter where I could go, I could communicate with anyone from around the world ^__^
I play AC, KH and Pokemon as well (when school isnt taking my life over)
I love music as well, playing and listening
Right now Im in love with my steel pan class and I could play those things all day long if I owned a set

I would love to do that with languages, but so far I've only worked on Spanish and English as my 2 serious languages. I'm going to work on Japanese later. Nevertheless, culture is fascinating to me. It's incredible to experience a "different world" in someone else's shoes while they're still just like you.

I have a decent love for games, but I figured those would be my top choices. xD I've been easing off of them, and I have been.

Steel pan, eh? That sounds interesting. surprised What's that all about? Or rather, what is it?
I started with Chinese for 7rs and Spanish for 3, then went to German for 4 year. Now im learning Arabic and it has to be my favorite

My favorite games have to be the Harvest Moon series and the Nancy Drew PC game, have been playing both series for ages!

And have you seen disneys, Enchanted? The "how do you know" song, the dude that plays the beginning of that is the lead steel pan, then there are 3-4 more sizes as well. Its so cool and sounds wonderful

Friendly Codger

Aoi Azami
I know, ugh their food is so good <3 I don't think Id ever want to leave but its nearly a 31 hour journey to Japan from where I am and I would not be able for that emotion_8c

I wanna play those so bad but I, still, only have a PS2 with no money to upgrade yet ;~; Aw my Kingdom Hearts 2 is scratched so it goes eternal black screen when I go to the Pirates of the Caribbean world so I can never restart again </3 But I still haven't beat Sephiroth so at least that's oneimpossible goal I can work towards
What's your favourite Pokemon? I love shiny Gyarados but my friends don't let mw catch them anymore cos of this one time I taught him Rock Smash, I was desperate okay?xD

Oh dear I couldn't stand French, it sounds so lovely but pronunciation isn't my strong point which is really odd since I'm good at German and horrible at Irish, which should be my mother tongue but obviously we mostly all speak English over here emotion_sweatdrop
Ah I could not get my head around Hiragana or Katakana at all which is the main reason I stopped self teaching it, but I like Spanish - my best friend always swears at me in Spanish </3

Yes! I love CG art but I've heard the animation side of it gets quite mathsy which is never good for me emotion_zombie Uhm well Id like to pursue veterinary but there's only one college course in the whole of Ireland that does it with ridiculously high standards and only 80 places. I don't fancy studying abroad alone for 5 years so if I don't get it I'll go straight to animation. Do you have any plans?

Haha you must be a lot more patient than I am, I have a keyboard but everytime I try to learn a song I end up mentally drained and ready to throw the keyboard from my window emotion_dowant But I do think if I took the time to learn properly it'd be worth it cos there's no better feeling than playing a piece of music perfectly :')

I mean, same. I'm on the East Coast U.S., and that's basically as far away from Japan as you can get, basically. xD I still want to try it out once in my life once I have the money. (And because I just booped into your profile, I noticed that you are from Ireland! I'll refrain from stereotypical jokes about drunkenness and redheadedness, but you are more than welcome to joke about McDonald's and fat Americans and whatnot.) Actually, the only thing Japanese I ever really ate was Pocky and Puccho (grape chewy candy). I really want to try sushi rolls, and othe savory cuisines, but I don't have the access to it here. I do really like Chinese food though! xD

Listen, it's okay. I'm only up to PS2 right now, as well. <3 I don't have money to upgrade right now either, and that's the least of my worries for the time being. Maybe later on in life! I don't even have KH1. xD I literally have no idea what happens in 1 aside from the ending and the first 20 minutes. KH2 was easy to play without knowing much about it, tbh. It's story is AMAZING. I ended up picking up the game when it was a Greatest Hits title in a bargain bin. I'm terribly sorry yours isn't working! :/ You can at least get the first part of the story! That's the best part I suppose! xD

Favorite pokemon is probably Lilligant, Florges, Doublade, Meowstic, too many. ALL OF THEM. I mostly have favorites for 5th and 6th gen pokemon.

I'm mild at pronunciation. I need to work on accents a bit more, but I am good with accents. I also have a hard time with weird silent letters and what have you. I like straightforward pronunciation. And the book I got for Hiragana and Katakana, and I believe Kanji too, shoes really cute drawings and relations to how they are written. Like "to" looks like a toe with a splinter in it. It's comical. I could laugh all day about this book.

CG animation seems difficult, but I've seen my friend use Sai and photoshop, and moving around body parts looks like it's easy and difficult at the same time. MATHS. I almost want to go on about the maths vs. math thing. xD It does sound like you'll have yourself a fun time looking around. I am looking into clinical psychology, and maybe traditional art as a side hobby. However, I have tons of things I'm interested in and not sure whether or not to put all my apples in those baskets....

Boring talk about getting a job for me right now v v v
I'm actually in the process of getting hired at a local dollar store, and it's looking good, but it is taking them awhile because the owner moved to a city store and the temporary owner is basically completely confused at what to do. (She's a family friend, and she said it looked very promising for me to get in, though.)

I'll have to get back to you later because I'm being called to do some snow work. BBIAB!
Oh my, yes.
To all of them. xD

I would really like to visit Japan one day, specifically Osaka and Akihabara. The culture, itself, is splendid. Minecraft is a wonderful game to play when the world is bothering me. It's so calming. Been playing that game ever since you had to Hoe the ground for seeds. I'm also pokemon obsessed. Though, more-so with the earlier generations. Don't have the newest game, I don't think. Kingdom Hearts, tugs at the heart strings. I actually want to be a concept artist for Square Enix or Riot some day. Animal crossing is also very fun. I like new leaf, currently.

The only Spanish music I really listen to is Shakira..but that just sounds kind of lame. Though, I much prefer her older stuff before she was more Americanized. I don't think I've heard any french music. Though I do listen to Japanese and Korean. Do you like to watch dramas, then?

The last time I've painted with Acrylic paints I think I was in the 5th grade. But I really did enjoy it. I did, really enjoy pastels, though. I still pick up a sketchbook and draw sometimes. Though most of my art is digital, nowadays.

I no longer have my recorder, but I actually miss the thing, luckily, they aren't hard to come by. I used to have two Ocarina's but I gave one to my friend for his birthday. Now I only have one. It's am OoT replica. I love it so much!

Music is wonderful. You'll get no debate from me here. It really depends on what mood I'm in to what I want to listen to. Or what I'm drawing. Usually when I draw I listen to a song that conveys the "feeling" I want to pull off in my art.

I think I live on youtube. Eventually I would like to start a youtube channel. Just for myself, mostly. I think I'm pretty funny sometimes...aha... ^^;

The human part is a little disappointing. Sadly.

Also a Christian, though I sort of feel like I've been not really following my faith that much, as of late. It's always at the back of my mind, though. Makes me feel sad.

Welp, there's my response on your topics. xD

Tipsy Conversationalist

8,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Meh Ish Dum
I can agree on that much. I used to watch Crunchyroll every day, but then I ended up taking a long break from it, and it started acting up once I updated. I have an average list of mangas and animes. I DID however complete Furuba the manga! (Fruits Basket) I would like to suggest AoT, but I'm not sure if you're into the gore and sad aspect. I loved it for quite some time, but the characters ended up becoming really hollow, and I didn't like that. :S

ANIMES: Finished... Another, Attack on Titan, Squid Girl, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Natsume Yuujinchou, Moyashimon, Sword Art Online, Dragon Crisis, No Game No Life, and (mostly) Bakuman. (Not Bakugan)

Working on... Blast of Tempest, Shugo Chara, Future Card Buddyfight, Cardfight Vanguard, Fairy Tail, Beyond the Boundary, GA Geijustuka Art Design Class, Magi, etc.

MANGA: Finished... Fruits Basket!, Generation 1 of Pokemon Adventures, and... not much else...

Worked on... Pokemon Adventures, The Wallflower: Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Shingeki No Kyoujin (Attack on Titan), Vampire Knight, and a few others that I cannot remember for the life of me.

Minecraft Pocket Edition. Basically touch screen MC for phones, tablets, etc.I'm actually not too into FPS games, and I haven't caught up to any of the next gen consoles. :/ I'm literally stuck at Wii, PS2, and 3DS (well 3DS is next gen I suppose) I'm mainly JRPG and adventure game oriented, but nevertheless, what's your typical genre go to?

That's wonderful! I'm glad you believe that way! I have always had random thoughts of doubt in my head, but then I always think back to events in the past where God was clearly speaking to me, or other people. And I always have had that feeling that God is in the room. It just feels like everything is right, and He is giving us all peace of mind in that moment. It can be incredible. Something interesting, though... I had a dream about a bible verse and my cousin was doing some looking into it the day after I had it, and didn't tell her about it until then. It was CRAZY. It's 2 Timothy 1:7.

German was always an intriguing language to me. It just sounds different, and I like it. I'm strange. xD Rammstein! That sounds so familiar! I'll have to check them out later! I really hope you pursue another language. It's incredibly satisfying being able to talk to people with different languages. So, go after it, and try your best! I'll pray that you do well!

Your Netflix addiction is essentially my Youtube and Crunchyroll addiction. I literally have a routine every night where I'll start watching the people who release content at 3 PM EST, and then the people who release content at 5 PM. It's a problem. I feel ya. I watch Shane (Dawson, but his daily videos channel), Chuggaaconroy, MasaeAnela, Vechs, Cryaotic, Shaytards, etc. I kind of slowed down on YT as of late, but I still have a sick routine. Or rather... sickening...

I'll take your advice though! If you have any specific shows you're into that I could check out once I get access to Netflix, let me know! xD

I was thinking I might read AoT before I watch it. Yeah I'm into gore, I'm not sure about sad aspect though.

I wouldn't be able to play that, I've learned to play it on the computer and I'm definitely liking that one so much better. I have an Xbox 360 only because I got it for christmas. I have Wii, PS2, Nintendo 64, and my sister has a PS3 and a gamecube.

That is crazy what does the dream mean?

I will have to find a way to learn German though.

I watch Shane as well, well I actually liked him more before he became super popular. Wooo sickening routines!

I watch Supernatural, Doctor Who, Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries, Need to work on The Originals (Another series from Vampire Diaries), 90210, Gossip Girl, I've been watching Archer I don't know why either, ummmmm others that I can't remember right now.

Divine Phantom

Meh Ish Dum
Aoi Azami

I mean, same. I'm on the East Coast U.S., and that's basically as far away from Japan as you can get, basically. xD I still want to try it out once in my life once I have the money. (And because I just booped into your profile, I noticed that you are from Ireland! I'll refrain from stereotypical jokes about drunkenness and redheadedness, but you are more than welcome to joke about McDonald's and fat Americans and whatnot.) Actually, the only thing Japanese I ever really ate was Pocky and Puccho (grape chewy candy). I really want to try sushi rolls, and othe savory cuisines, but I don't have the access to it here. I do really like Chinese food though! xD

Listen, it's okay. I'm only up to PS2 right now, as well. <3 I don't have money to upgrade right now either, and that's the least of my worries for the time being. Maybe later on in life! I don't even have KH1. xD I literally have no idea what happens in 1 aside from the ending and the first 20 minutes. KH2 was easy to play without knowing much about it, tbh. It's story is AMAZING. I ended up picking up the game when it was a Greatest Hits title in a bargain bin. I'm terribly sorry yours isn't working! :/ You can at least get the first part of the story! That's the best part I suppose! xD

Favorite pokemon is probably Lilligant, Florges, Doublade, Meowstic, too many. ALL OF THEM. I mostly have favorites for 5th and 6th gen pokemon.

I'm mild at pronunciation. I need to work on accents a bit more, but I am good with accents. I also have a hard time with weird silent letters and what have you. I like straightforward pronunciation. And the book I got for Hiragana and Katakana, and I believe Kanji too, shoes really cute drawings and relations to how they are written. Like "to" looks like a toe with a splinter in it. It's comical. I could laugh all day about this book.

CG animation seems difficult, but I've seen my friend use Sai and photoshop, and moving around body parts looks like it's easy and difficult at the same time. MATHS. I almost want to go on about the maths vs. math thing. xD It does sound like you'll have yourself a fun time looking around. I am looking into clinical psychology, and maybe traditional art as a side hobby. However, I have tons of things I'm interested in and not sure whether or not to put all my apples in those baskets....

Boring talk about getting a job for me right now v v v
I'm actually in the process of getting hired at a local dollar store, and it's looking good, but it is taking them awhile because the owner moved to a city store and the temporary owner is basically completely confused at what to do. (She's a family friend, and she said it looked very promising for me to get in, though.)

I'll have to get back to you later because I'm being called to do some snow work. BBIAB!

I love grape candy! But its not something you find often here unless you go to the expensive American candy store emotion_8c And yeah there's not too many Japanese restaurants around here, the ones that are here only sell sushi. Aw I don't mind Irish stereotypes at all, the only one that slightly gets annoying is the whole "Are leprechauns real?" one... e_e I do think most American foods are alot nicer than what we have here, I'd eat myself into oblivion if I lived over there <3

Poor life emotion_bigheart Ohmylord no, KH1 was so difficult for me! I completed it wayyy after I completed the second one. I remember getting so angry with it haha but KH2 was better by far; better graphics, story, everything - its probably my favourite PS2 game ever, I'll rebuy it if ever drops from being €25 cos that's wayyy too expensive

Accents come pretty natural to me, I always wanted to learn Russian but the pronunciations... Its just not happening for me haha. Aw, that does sound helpful though. I remember I learned Mary had a little lamb in Japanese (I don't know why okay?) cos of all the pictures to help with pronunciation and it was adorable emotion_kirakira

I cant say math </3 it sounds unnatural emotion_puke
I wanted to do psychology too cos I find the mind really interesting and what not but in terms of jobs it didn't really interest me. Same with art, besides from animation there's nothing that interests me at all. Well its always good to explore your options before you commit to something ^^

Ooooh, I wish you the best of luck with that!

Ooh snow? We rarely get snow here </3 Well, have fun!

Bright Bunny

Meh Ish Dum
Nianisu
Meh Ish Dum
Nianisu
Hello. It's always nice seeing other Christians on Gaia.

I like Minecraft, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing as well. I don't play Animal Crossing that much, but I really enjoy Pokemon battling.

I would say I'm genuinely kind, like the title. Hopefully other people think that though. ^^;;

Oh, I agree to your first point very much so. However, you don't always find a devout crowd of them often. And when you do find them they're either not serious or they're the irrational "fire and brimstone" type.

I actually put down Pokemon and Animal Crossing for awhile. I took a pokemon break right before ORAS, and I just got pooped with ACNL because all I'd do is water carnations and I have a ridiculous amount on my beach... I don't want to quit them forever, but a few month break from them can be nice. MC is just not totally on my creative side right now. I'm into playing songs on recorder and ocarina. xD

I find that saying something is different than doing it. You don't have to explain that you're good to me. Your actions will speak louder ham your words. (Well... Words here are closest to actions I suppose. xD)

Yes, and it seems there are more and more people these days who are afraid to speak up for their faith. Afraid to say "Jesus" and not wanting to talk about Him. At times I think all of us can be that way out of fear of losing friends. But it's always good to see souls saved. ^^

It's really interesting, I never realized the ocarina was an actual instrument. I had always seen it on Legend of Zelda and thought it was a name they used. I play violin myself, though I'm not too good at it. I tend to make mostly electronic-based music. It involves computers and instrument software. ^^ I would like to learn how to play my violin better someday though so I can play Irish music, which is always upbeat and fun.

Oh my goodness yes. The only problem I have sometimes is bringing up Jesus in random conversation. I struggle with it a lot of the time, but I have tried. I must try harder, though... I usually try to live it, and be the example where people will bring it up in conversation. However, when I was in high school during junior- senior year, I would try to write tons of papers on my faith, or even do presentations for speech class talking about a few faith driven thoughts. I need do more of that stuff. I do suggest Christian music artists all the time to the unsaved. It is so refreshing to hear them say things like "This music feels different. It has a lot more meaning and has something behind it. Do you know what I mean...?"

I KNOW. I kinda assumed it was real because of it being plausible. (Plus, I did research on it to make sure it was real or not. xD) I ended up watching a lot of YT videos on them. Docjazz4 (a Christian music artist who plays guitar, possibly piano, sings, and also plays Ocarina. He is INCREDIBLE. Plus his Ocarina collection is on point)

And listen to this. Violin used to be my dream instrument, and the sorrowful and heart shattering sounds of a violin. They are LITERALLY the best in terms of sound for me. (then followed by piano, and then followed by guitar/ocarina in a tie) Lindsey Sterling is basically the other musical Youtuber I watched who has mastered the violin. :B However, playing Irish music? Yes please. You can do it... FOR AL OF US. heart

So you make Electronic genre music literally electronic? Sounds fascinating! If you have anything you would like me to check out, I'd be more than welcome to do so! (Unless you don't like sharing it because you don't have copyrights yet, or you don't have the stuff uploaded anywhere)

Haha, that sounds like what I did for my speech class. We had to do a presentation on any subject, so I chose Charles Spurgeon, the Christian preacher. xD It's great when there are opportunities for sharing with non-Christians. Of course, I was a bit nervous and it didn't come out sounding exactly like I wanted, but I think God can use even small things to do what He wants.

I'm curious now to see what the real life ocarinas look like. Are they easy to learn how to play?

Haha, thank you. I hope I can. ;__; But with a lot of practice, I'm sure I can get there one day. I agree that violins have a beautiful sound, especially the ones made out of old wood. They're the ones I believe that are used by Irish groups who want a rich sound. My violin is a dark, rich blue color.

Here is my Soundcloud page, where I have Skybird and Strobe. I think my best song so far is Skybird. 3nodding You might have to turn up the volume slightly though for it, as I didn't master it quite loud enough.

Friendly Friend

8,550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Meh Ish Dum
BlooSketch
Meh Ish Dum
BlooSketch
What kind of ocarina do you play? Also have you heard of a teacarina? http://www.stlocarina.com/teacarina.html

I have one of those 6-hole ocarinas with 4 holes on top, and 2 on the bottom. I don't believe it is tuned well because I got it for $5-6 at a music festival, but it has a cool design on it. I believe it is Indian, but not sure.

I HAVE heard of the teacarina, and I was so skeptical about it! Sounds like a good laugh with friends! Especially if you're just holding all of the holes to the teacarina and then act like you're going to lose all of the contents on the floor. xD

(I'm also REALLY looking into buying this pair of inline ocarinas from a place I believe to be called Mountain Ocarinas...?)

I've never heard of an inline ocarina. It looks like playing scales on an inline is pretty straight forward.
There are so many different ocarinas out there that fingering also varies. I'm looking to get a double chamber ocarina.

Yeah. Everything in a row, essentially, and the shape of it seems very pleasing to hold. I have done a bit too much research on Ocarinas, and I've seen so many beautiful ones, but I just wasn't sure where to start. I figured the cheap one I got at a musical festival would be cool to start on. xD

Of course, I haven't tried many out, but I don't know how I'd handle that many holes. I'm not even a master at my out of tune 6-hole Ocarina... xD What sorts of Ocarinas do you have? OR do you think you'd be able to master the double chamber one with ease?

I own a cheap 12-hole ocarina that I've played around with but I can't get into it because of the airy sound quality you get from plastic. There's also the problem of it being restricted to playing in one octave. All the songs I want to play have high notes beyond the range of the 12-hole... NuuuuuuuUUuuu crying

Professional Informer

You must become my friend! emotion_jawdrop emotion_bigheart

Kris Tuesti's Queen

Toxic Mystic

11,125 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Streaker 200
User ImageThank you soopahwoopah for the adorable sprite!
I was actually going to get an ocarina in college and totally didn't and regret it every day crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff