Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Codger

Just some people to share some time to chat with me on the odd occasion.

About me:
-into Japanese culture, anime, manga, music, games etc.
-plays games like Minecraft, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, etc.
-I don't like reading much, but I LOVE to write. I'm not all in it for writing now, but I love long discussions as you'll see in this thread. xD
-I hoard movies, games, books, etc.
-interested in language, and the world
-Listens to English, Spanish, French, Japanese, and Korean music, but I continue to expand my horizons.
-Flyleaf is my ALL-TIME favorite band, except not new age Flyleaf. Lacey Sturm is what I stayed for. (looking forward to Lacey's band LACEY soon!)
-traditional art is wonderful (I use acrylic paint, water colors, chalk pastels and charcoal, pencil, colored pencil, and I dabbled in clay)
-I play ocarina and recorder, and I'm planning on expanding my (cheap) musical device horizon
-Music is wonderful and I love to listen to it.
-I watch way too much youtube
-I'm human
-I'm a Christian, but you don't have to be

If you see anything relative to the traits above, I guess you can draw conversation off of them!

Bright Bunny

Hello. It's always nice seeing other Christians on Gaia.

I like Minecraft, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing as well. I don't play Animal Crossing that much, but I really enjoy Pokemon battling.

I would say I'm genuinely kind, like the title. Hopefully other people think that though. ^^;;

Shadowy Shade

I love languages, Ive studied many. I wish that no matter where I could go, I could communicate with anyone from around the world ^__^
I play AC, KH and Pokemon as well (when school isnt taking my life over)
I love music as well, playing and listening
Right now Im in love with my steel pan class and I could play those things all day long if I owned a set

Friendly Friend

8,550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
What kind of ocarina do you play? Also have you heard of a teacarina? http://www.stlocarina.com/teacarina.html

Sparkly Sex Symbol

you sound very nice c;

Tipsy Conversationalist

8,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Meh Ish Dum
Just some people to share some time to chat with me on the odd occasion.

About me:
-into Japanese culture, anime, manga, music, games etc.
-plays games like Minecraft, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, etc.
-interested in language, and the world
-Listens to English, Spanish, French, Japanese, and Korean music, but I continue to expand my horizons.
-traditional art is wonderful (I use acrylic paint, water colors, chalk pastels and charcoal, pencil, colored pencil, and I dabbled in clay)
-I play ocarina and recorder, and I'm planning on expanding my (cheap) musical device horizon
-Music is wonderful and I love to listen to it.
-I watch way too much youtube
-I'm human
-I'm a Christian, but you don't have to be

If you see anything relative to the traits above, I guess you can draw conversation off of them!

User Image
Devious Says...

Hello, We have a few things in common.
- into anime, manga
- I play Minecraft, I haven't played Kingdom Heart that much but from what I've played I do like it a lot,
I love Animal Crossing haven't been able to play it though because I don't have a Wii, DS, or GameCube.
- I am interested in learning about more religions how they work. (So I can have a debate about it)
- I only really listen to English because that's all I've liked so far. I think I've listened to one Korean (not sure if Korean or not) band.
- I play the piano
- Music is my bae! Joking but it is my life
- I watch way too much youtube and Netflix
- I'm human
- I'm a Christian

˙˙˙sʎɐs snoıʌǝ◖

Friendly Codger

Nianisu

I like Minecraft, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing as well. I don't play Animal Crossing that much, but I really enjoy Pokemon battling.

I would say I'm genuinely kind, like the title. Hopefully other people think that though. ^^;;

Oh, I agree to your first point very much so. However, you don't always find a devout crowd of them often. And when you do find them they're either not serious or they're the irrational "fire and brimstone" type.

I actually put down Pokemon and Animal Crossing for awhile. I took a pokemon break right before ORAS, and I just got pooped with ACNL because all I'd do is water carnations and I have a ridiculous amount on my beach... I don't want to quit them forever, but a few month break from them can be nice. MC is just not totally on my creative side right now. I'm into playing songs on recorder and ocarina. xD

I find that saying something is different than doing it. You don't have to explain that you're good to me. Your actions will speak louder ham your words. (Well... Words here are closest to actions I suppose. xD)

Friendly Codger

Remedy Forgotten
I love languages, Ive studied many. I wish that no matter where I could go, I could communicate with anyone from around the world ^__^
I play AC, KH and Pokemon as well (when school isnt taking my life over)
I love music as well, playing and listening
Right now Im in love with my steel pan class and I could play those things all day long if I owned a set

I would love to do that with languages, but so far I've only worked on Spanish and English as my 2 serious languages. I'm going to work on Japanese later. Nevertheless, culture is fascinating to me. It's incredible to experience a "different world" in someone else's shoes while they're still just like you.

I have a decent love for games, but I figured those would be my top choices. xD I've been easing off of them, and I have been.

Steel pan, eh? That sounds interesting. surprised What's that all about? Or rather, what is it?

Friendly Codger

BlooSketch
What kind of ocarina do you play? Also have you heard of a teacarina? http://www.stlocarina.com/teacarina.html

I have one of those 6-hole ocarinas with 4 holes on top, and 2 on the bottom. I don't believe it is tuned well because I got it for $5-6 at a music festival, but it has a cool design on it. I believe it is Indian, but not sure.

I HAVE heard of the teacarina, and I was so skeptical about it! Sounds like a good laugh with friends! Especially if you're just holding all of the holes to the teacarina and then act like you're going to lose all of the contents on the floor. xD

(I'm also REALLY looking into buying this pair of inline ocarinas from a place I believe to be called Mountain Ocarinas...?)

Friendly Codger

daddyfunkme_
you sound very nice c;

Aww, well I appreciate that you say that! I try to be a nice person, but I'm not perfect and everyone has their ups and downs.

You seem very polite and kind for bringing that up, though! :3

Friendly Codger

XxDevious-AngelxX

User Image
Devious Says...

Hello, We have a few things in common.
- into anime, manga
- I play Minecraft, I haven't played Kingdom Heart that much but from what I've played I do like it a lot,
I love Animal Crossing haven't been able to play it though because I don't have a Wii, DS, or GameCube.
- I am interested in learning about more religions how they work. (So I can have a debate about it)
- I only really listen to English because that's all I've liked so far. I think I've listened to one Korean (not sure if Korean or not) band.
- I play the piano
- Music is my bae! Joking but it is my life
- I watch way too much youtube and Netflix
- I'm human
- I'm a Christian

˙˙˙sʎɐs snoıʌǝ◖

Well, that's a lot to draw conversation from! I'll try not to go overboard on all of the points, but I'll try to put things together.

Any mangas and Animes you really like? Just curious if those overlap with mine. smile

I used to play MCPE pretty often, but then I started losing interest because there weren't many other people who enjoyed me jabbering on about it creatively. xD I also just restarted KH2 for the 4th or 5th time (maybe more) with my gf and I'm about to start my own game to recap on things of my own.

I don't research too much on other religions because I don't want them to dissuade me from Christianity, but I can consistently find that not too many other religions are centered around unconditional love between both the believer and the "god(s)." I do have quite a few debates on things concerning sin and Christianity on several occasions though.

You don't have to worry about exploring all the languages, but you can find really good works in all sorts of languages, let me tell ya! I recently got into Stromae (a Belgian who sings French) and he is really passionate about his music. (Papaoutai is a well known song of his dealing with the loss of his father at a young age) Yeah, I can get into music kind of too deep sometimes. ^^; However, I don't have any knowledge on reading or writing sheet music. I play by ear, and practice memorizing techniques on playing the instrument or singing.

(And I haven't delved into Netflix, but my one friend is convincing me that once he has an account, he will force me to watch Lost and I can borrow the use of his account at any time.) Youtube is my television essentially.

Friendly Friend

8,550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Meh Ish Dum
BlooSketch

I have one of those 6-hole ocarinas with 4 holes on top, and 2 on the bottom. I don't believe it is tuned well because I got it for $5-6 at a music festival, but it has a cool design on it. I believe it is Indian, but not sure.

I HAVE heard of the teacarina, and I was so skeptical about it! Sounds like a good laugh with friends! Especially if you're just holding all of the holes to the teacarina and then act like you're going to lose all of the contents on the floor. xD

(I'm also REALLY looking into buying this pair of inline ocarinas from a place I believe to be called Mountain Ocarinas...?)

I've never heard of an inline ocarina. It looks like playing scales on an inline is pretty straight forward.
There are so many different ocarinas out there that fingering also varies. I'm looking to get a double chamber ocarina.

Divine Phantom

You sound so interesting emotion_c8
I too like Japanese culture and anime/manga. I'm dying to go to Japan some day!
I absolutely loved the Kingdom Hearts games and I'm super excited about the third one coming out. I like the newer Pokemon games cos the graphics on the old ones bother me, I've still played them all though annndd Minecraft... well I'm too afraid of skeletons so I play it on peaceful half the time don't judge me pls </3
Languages are one of my strong points! I can speak German, English, Irish ( emotion_puke ) and a little Japanese
I wanted to be an animator for video games or movies because I grew up loving art and drawing and painting since I was little and having a mom who went to art college influenced me a lot
I am absolutely horrible at all music instruments emotion_donotwant but I think the ocarina sounds beautiful and I'm definitely jealous of you haha

Bright Bunny

Meh Ish Dum
Nianisu

Oh, I agree to your first point very much so. However, you don't always find a devout crowd of them often. And when you do find them they're either not serious or they're the irrational "fire and brimstone" type.

I actually put down Pokemon and Animal Crossing for awhile. I took a pokemon break right before ORAS, and I just got pooped with ACNL because all I'd do is water carnations and I have a ridiculous amount on my beach... I don't want to quit them forever, but a few month break from them can be nice. MC is just not totally on my creative side right now. I'm into playing songs on recorder and ocarina. xD

I find that saying something is different than doing it. You don't have to explain that you're good to me. Your actions will speak louder ham your words. (Well... Words here are closest to actions I suppose. xD)

Yes, and it seems there are more and more people these days who are afraid to speak up for their faith. Afraid to say "Jesus" and not wanting to talk about Him. At times I think all of us can be that way out of fear of losing friends. But it's always good to see souls saved. ^^

It's really interesting, I never realized the ocarina was an actual instrument. I had always seen it on Legend of Zelda and thought it was a name they used. I play violin myself, though I'm not too good at it. I tend to make mostly electronic-based music. It involves computers and instrument software. ^^ I would like to learn how to play my violin better someday though so I can play Irish music, which is always upbeat and fun.

Friendly Codger

BlooSketch
Meh Ish Dum
BlooSketch

I've never heard of an inline ocarina. It looks like playing scales on an inline is pretty straight forward.
There are so many different ocarinas out there that fingering also varies. I'm looking to get a double chamber ocarina.

Yeah. Everything in a row, essentially, and the shape of it seems very pleasing to hold. I have done a bit too much research on Ocarinas, and I've seen so many beautiful ones, but I just wasn't sure where to start. I figured the cheap one I got at a musical festival would be cool to start on. xD

Of course, I haven't tried many out, but I don't know how I'd handle that many holes. I'm not even a master at my out of tune 6-hole Ocarina... xD What sorts of Ocarinas do you have? OR do you think you'd be able to master the double chamber one with ease?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff