Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
okay like it says i just got this stupid computer yesterday a HP 500 GB intel inside HD HP connected APPS but what i am getting ticked off about it

1 ) It took me freaking three hours to get a McAfee antivirus plus put into the computer ( i had to call up some one else for them to take over my damn computer and then put it in )

I am on for a little bit i log off thinking all is good now

WRONG ! i get home from a long day i log in .. it takes for ever .. and then i get a freaking black screen with just a arrow ! ( mouse pointer ) WTF ! no tool bar on the bottom no apps NOTHING i did a restore but it couldn't fix the damn problem cause i have to turn off the damn McAfee ? Do i have to? Is there another freaking way for me to get this damn thing fixed ? PLEASE HELP !

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
okay i think i fixed it on my own but i could be wrong,

I don't know what i did to fix it i had a lot up and trying to fix the problem . ( i think i turned something off or another ) And it seams to have fixed it. I just wish it didn't screw up

but my next question ( no its not ready to be closed ) But my mom puts her to sleep , hibernate. Is this a good thing to do with a computer ? Or is it bad ?
Hibernating a machine will not harm a computer.

Are you paying for a McAfee subscription, or are you using the free version?

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
we bought the one year subscription for three computers its a antivirus plus ( suppose to block viruses and to protect the computer on that sort of end )

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
A) Sorry you bought McAfee. It's a joke, at best. The built-in antivirus called Windows Defender is just overall better than McAfee.

B) Hibernating isn't going to harm your machine.

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
well i had to restart my computer and it just went down hill >:
any one got any good anti virus that is for free or something that i can get on my other computers ?

I am not going to ******** up the other one its going back its broken or something it had problems when i got it. So they can take the peace of crap back and i want my moms money back >:

Cause its a pain in the a** you buy something and you want it to have ZERO problems with any thing but this one has many problems with it all ready and it sucks big time

Now i have to find a way to get the computer i am still on ( it still works but the battery and the key board needs to be replaced and i want it to be no Vista. I had a bad exprince with Visita with the slow s**t and what not

And as well as my other one needs to be fixed big time. Cause its like i don't know

and i am sure there is no way to get the money back from them ( McAfee ) cause if there is i am pretty sure my mom wants her damn money back

>: peace of s**t .. >:

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
have you tried refreshing your pc? i'm thinking maybe an hp software and mcafee aren't playing nice together.

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
Miserable pile of secrets
have you tried refreshing your pc? i'm thinking maybe an hp software and mcafee aren't playing nice together.

i did every thing and sadly it didn't work at all. So i took it back cause one the guy that we took it back to said it shouldn't be doing that. Second he said new computers bought from the store shouldn't be doing this

it should only happen to older models. ( like a year or so ) And it would update it .,But it updated it but never really finished and it screwed it up big time. Not my fault but the people that sent out to the computers to update and they don't

And yes before taking it back i did try to restore it. I did try the refreshing .. nothing worked sad

so all in all we got my money back and i am going to be sending out my Gateway to be fixed.
windows 8 has more holes than swiss cheese honestly. I have been using this windows 8 laptop for over a year and it still has countless problems. Your best bet is to take it into geek squad to see if they can help you.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx
windows 8 has more holes than swiss cheese honestly. I have been using this windows 8 laptop for over a year and it still has countless problems. Your best bet is to take it into geek squad to see if they can help you.

OK, what sort of problems because too many of them ARE user caused. Also you're better off taking the computer to a prostitute, at least they won't format the thing, hand it back to you and charge you for the privilege like Geek Squad would. Yeah, they're really awful.
XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx
Please never recommend someone bring it to geek squad. Yes they can fix it but on this forum we look at them as a joke. Find a computer shop near you and take it to him or her. If you want ask him or her,how many years they have been doing this and what they know. Ask questions it will help if you most then remember explain this problem very very clearly to the teach. also if you have the disk or flash drive the os is on bring it with you and make sure you get it back.

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
man you all have so much trash ( Tech ) Talk XD

But yea i took it back though my other computers will be needing to be fixed up >: Sorry but some times its a pain to buy a brand new computer and then getting all to your liking .. and what not

Dangerous Kitten

4,625 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
its probably your files got corrupted in your system it happened to me aswell razz
i just reinstalled my windows 8 and worked perfect :3
or it might be your BCD then your kinda in the S**t
i work on computers alot razz
~amber

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items