Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Entrepreneur

9,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I could use some chicken now!!! Lol

OctoCamo
I never really got Minecraft, though I guess I had my share of fun in it.

User Image

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Fated raison detre
Minecraft is highly over rated and is not as good as you're trying to make it seem. As for your comment about difficulty..... lol
When first playing it, I didn't find it difficult to stay alive....at all. Its an interesting game for creative lots, which, only 1% of the projects I've seen display any true creativity.

which indeed is exactly why you'd find it over-rated.

its not so much a game, its got no experience, no story and no real development.

but stop thinking of it as a game, think of it as a playground, as an artists's 3d modelling box and suddenly its amazing as its literally one of the best there is out there.(simply because there is very very few others and when it came out, it was the only legit one).

imagine if cod was the only 3d shooter where as every other "fps" was 2d then you'd kinda get it.
xLiemx

Except it is a video game and not a very good one.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
yosoydame
Fated raison detre
yosoydame
You haven't been to the most difficult setting then... I played PC version and hardest mode has no respawn with.... Anyways I'll just assume u were born with a controller on your hand. Revisit it at night during hardest mode. Lol I lit up my areas so no harm lulz
Dude, I just told you I was in the highest difficulty. It just isn't a hard game.

Alright you may have missed my point or may have been great. Let me restart. Find someone who's never played the game before and give them the second hardest difficulty (so they can respawn). I assure you they will die multiple times. If you think I'm wrong then do it.

Second, i'm glad the difficulty of the game was all you disagreed with in the article since its point was top five reasons we play.
No. It's you who missed mypoint. I said that it was my first time playing and I jumped straight to the maximum difficulty as I do any game. It still wasn't hard. Also, I disagree with all five of your points. You claiming it was difficult was just the most laughable.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

9,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Lol you start every game at the hardest difficulty proving my first point of you being hardcore game
Fated raison detre
yosoydame
Fated raison detre
yosoydame
You haven't been to the most difficult setting then... I played PC version and hardest mode has no respawn with.... Anyways I'll just assume u were born with a controller on your hand. Revisit it at night during hardest mode. Lol I lit up my areas so no harm lulz
Dude, I just told you I was in the highest difficulty. It just isn't a hard game.

Alright you may have missed my point or may have been great. Let me restart. Find someone who's never played the game before and give them the second hardest difficulty (so they can respawn). I assure you they will die multiple times. If you think I'm wrong then do it.

Second, i'm glad the difficulty of the game was all you disagreed with in the article since its point was top five reasons we play.
No. It's you who missed mypoint. I said that it was my first time playing and I jumped straight to the maximum difficulty as I do any game. It still wasn't hard. Also, I disagree with all five of your points. You claiming it was difficult was just the most laughable.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
yosoydame
Lol you start every game at the hardest difficulty proving my first point of you being hardcore game
So your logic is that the game is only hard for inexperienced gamers? Well done. That means the game just isn't hard. Give it up kid. It's okay to say it was really hard for you, but when I'm pretty sure most gamers don't find the game that hard, it just isn't hard.

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

Don't fight guys! I started to like the Minecraft not long time ago. An old good friend talked about it for me and showed sometimes screenshots. I don't really play with it in single, not either in survival mode, i play with the game in multiplayer with that friend in creative mode. I prefer the creative mode, my friend prefer the survival mode. But we play the multiplayer with each other in creative mode.

Lonely Demigod

12,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I like minecraft
I think it's fun, when I'm in the mood.
I could see it being difficult with no resources to assist you starting out, but if you're decent with games (or even have the wiki available), then it's not too hard to figure out.
Sight Ninja

It might be slightly difficult if you're new but other than that, any difficulty in the game is completely artificial due to its limited, pseudo-RPG mechanics.

Lonely Demigod

12,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hexstus
Sight Ninja

It might be slightly difficult if you're new but other than that, any difficulty in the game is completely artificial due to its limited, pseudo-RPG mechanics.

definitely. The difficult part is learning how to play. Once you know how the game works, it becomes incredibly easy. For me, I essentially get as many resources as I can above ground, build a house, and then I build so many farms and mines that I no longer need to go above ground, except to conquer more land and defend it. But...it's easy to get a renewable system. Saplings, and a form of farmable food are really the big thing you need. You can create a farm and treefarm in safe places. Tree farm for charcoal, farm for food. You don't have to leave.

Multiplayer can have it's own challenges, but the game, itself...not hard, once you learn it. But it's truly a sandbox game, which is the biggest joy I get out of it; I get to create the story I'm playing at any given time.
Minecraft isn't really meant to be difficult, even in the hard modes. It's meant to be a creative sandbox.
I mean, yeah, there is an added level of mild difficulty when they creators chose to include mobs that would kill you. Even in hardcore mode, the mobs aren't that difficult to kill. Probably the only ones that are really all that difficult are Ghasts and the Enderdragon, and that's only because they can hit you from a way greater range than anything you can hit them with.
Otherwise, s**t, my daughter fought off about a dozen zombies with a stick, a feather, and a leather hat on when she was eight years old. It's really not a difficult game, and the difficulty doesn't really even scale up just because you don't respawn on hardcore mode.
The threat of only getting to live once isn't much of a threat if you don't die. You can outrun, outthink, and outmaneuver every enemy in the game with ease.
But, as I said, the game isn't about difficulty. It's about fun. It's about creating things. That's why the game comes with a build in peaceful mode or creative mode. That's why the music is always soft piano music.
It's a relaxing game of digital legos where the whole world is your toybox and the only limits you have are your imagination and the game's rather simplistic design and physics.
The ONLY real difficulty in vanilla Minecraft is if you decide you're going to build a huge mansion out of solid gold and diamonds in survival mode without cheating. And even then it isn't difficult to do so much as time consuming and repetitive.

All in all, I do think Minecraft is a great game. It's probably one of the more important video games of the past decade. And I hope to get to play it with friends and family for a long, Long time...
But to argue with people about its difficulty as being one of its strong points is like arguing that poptarts are really difficult to make: they put instructions on the box in case someone really doesn't get it, but Most People can grasp the concept almost immediately. And not everyone is going to like poptarts as much as you are. Especially not if you keep fighting with them about it.
Sight Ninja

If they turned Minecraft into a proper RPG, it could be an amazing game. Admittedly it would probably upset all the kiddies who got into it because it's a vastly superior alternative to Legos but if they cared in the slightest about having a quality game, they would put forth the effort to make it appeal to more than just simple-minded children.
Hexstus
Sight Ninja

If they turned Minecraft into a proper RPG, it could be an amazing game. Admittedly it would probably upset all the kiddies who got into it because it's a vastly superior alternative to Legos but if they cared in the slightest about having a quality game, they would put forth the effort to make it appeal to more than just simple-minded children.

There are plenty of mods that turn it into a full on rpg, but they make it kind of lame...
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

I shouldn't need to mod a game just to make it fun.
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

I shouldn't need to mod a game just to make it fun.

My point is turning it into an rpg doesn't make it fun, it makes it lame. The game is pleasant enough on its own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff