Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Plague

I don't reveal myself. I've found that if people know it's me, they might feel indebt for the item they recieved. If it's anon they don't really have anyone specific to pin the gift to, so they'll feel less inclined to be all "aahhh s**t I might have to pay this person back somehow!" Sides, it's much more fun to just anon someone and watch their reaction.

When I see a thank you post I suck it in like a sponge and bask in the feeling of a happy person. I don't do anything other than to mentally acknowledge it. Sometimes I might jump a bit and clap my hands together if the person is happy about the gift.

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

I tend to give gifts to friends, so I don't bother with anonymity. I do occasionally gift anonymously when it's to someone I don't know very well that just seems like they could use a little pick-me-up because I don't want them feeling indebted to me. Though, sometimes I waffle on even those because I felt so bad when I got a mystery gift. I really wanted to properly thank whoever my kind giver was or ask why they'd done it and I just had no way to do either.

Man, and the last person I tried to gift anonymously I sent two items and forgot to check anonymous on both so I got busted. Then I just felt guilty and stupid.

Edit:
To be clear on just how terrible I felt about never being able to thank my gifter, the anonymous present I received was a pair of Striped Stockings in mid 2004 and I have had them equipped, with no pants on as to best show them off, since that time just in case my secret stocking sender ever viewed my profile or saw me in the forums that I didn't truly appreciate the gift. Over the years it just sort of shifted into nostalgia and I never really edited it. Feeling too guilty to change my avatar on my original account is part of why this mule became my main.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I usually don't reveal myself, nor do I usually see the thread posts, but I don't mind reading them when they happen to other people. It's them showing their appreciation :3

I like that being anonymous gives you a lot of freedom to be creative which can be really fun.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I don't need them to be revealed, as long as they know I am thankful!

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
I'm really flighty so I don't bother revealing myself cause I'm a particularly lewd anon. I'd prefer not to engage in a conversation with one of my victims.
I did get mistaken for another anon once cause of the similarity of the anon's name and my username at that time.

Submerged Nymph

I rarely reveal myself. I do quick background checks on people to make sure they're deserving of the gift, but just in case they're actually the begging type, I'd rather them not have a name to go on. I am glad to see thank you posts, though.

On the flip side, I can understand wanting to know who anoned you so you don't have to scream your appreciation in the forums, but as an anon who doesn't want to be known, I can sympathize with the desired anonymity.

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
Antiq
I put things in the dumpster with identity turned off. That's about as anon as it can get, for both parties lol

Yep. Same here. xd

It's fun for them to get something good out of the dumpster, and fun for me to imagine their grins when they do. Everybody wins and no one has to feel like they owe anyone thanks or recognition.

I also anon-gift people items they mention wanting, sometimes. If I have a spare hanging around and think they'll have fun with it, why not? I never mention doing it, though. I remain a sneaky ninja-gifter. It's more fun that way.

Celestial Spirit

I've never deliberately revealed myself as an anon. That would defeat the purpose. I haven't done a lot of it, though.

This past event I logged on after a couple days to find I had a gift sent to me while I wasn't even online, so I put my thank you in my signature instead of a thread. Thank you very much, Tea Goddess!

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
sometimes i go to charity forum and gift every single quest thread, that's about it emotion_yatta

Dapper Puppy

I will always try not to reveal myself when I anonymously gift someone. Now if I could only remember to make sure to click the Send as Anon button when I gift. That is generally my biggest failure at gifting.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Nope, if I anon someone I tend to keep it secret. I think once my identity got out , but it was due to a stupid mistake I made. Mostly I try to do it for people to make their day, or give them an uplifting note to make them smile.

Bloblike Cutie-Pie

I like to giftbomb friends that come back from hiatus and are sad because everything has quadrupled in price since the last time they were active. ninja

Or I'll gift them things that I think match their personality, or maybe something they've missed while they were gone.

I usually make myself anonymous, but they usually know who it is anyway.

Program_Virus's Husband

Manly Wife

When I see a thank you post from a person I anon'ed I feel rather...
Giddy inside.
I love seeing people get extremely happy and just having a brighter day after getting what they want but to reveal myself would only ruin the magic of being a surprise. :3

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I like to anon gift when I have the extra gold. I tend to not reveal myself when I do anon, I want it to be about them being happy and not about me, ya know? I like it when the anons don't reveal themselves, it keeps it interesting xD

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I used to anon people back when I had a butt-ton of money, but now I only spoil my friends.

I love giftbombing them. emotion_dowant

I never reveal myself as an anon. I want to stay anonymous, it's why I gifted it anon in the first place. I don't need anything in return.

As for my anons? It's a double-edged sword. Sometimes I really wish they'd reveal themselves! redface I've gotten a ton of gifts from secret admirers that were too shy to come forward. I really would like to thank them properly. //forever cries over his last major anon gift

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff