Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Wan Hazmer's blog.

Wan Hazmer, one of the lead game designers behind the upcoming RPG Final Fantasy XV, has come out to say that he is loving how Xenoblade X is coming along, and that he considers it good competition for his own game and wants a Wii U just to play it.

Wan Hazmer

youtube link for the trailer

Touche to the people at Monolith Soft; that is one awesome trailer!

The exploration aspect of this game looks incredible. I'm hoping that we can actually traverse to all visible landscape in realtime. Would like to get near that sandworm and see what happens!

Some of you can already tell that there are different approaches in both our direction, especially when you compare this and FFXV trailers, but admittedly that's some intense competition right there! And we all love healthy competition don't we? Coz in the end, the fans win!

There's no clause in my contract that states that I can't love a game made by another company, so I'm gonna be all out and say that I just can't freaking wait to play this game! I loved the world in Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii, and I'll be getting a Wii U just for this game.

Yes, I love my JRPGs razz

What's your opinion of Xenoblade X?
How about Final Fantasy XV?

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Final Fantasy Series > Xeno Series

Though I very much enjoyed the Xenosaga Trilogy. Just wish they could have done the original plan for it.

Either way, I'll be picking up Final Fantasy XV over Xenoblade Chronicles X

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Fated raison detre

Though I very much enjoyed the Xenosaga Trilogy. Just wish they could have done the original plan for it.

I'd consider picking up FFXV if it was coming to PS3.
Far as I know, it's not, so I gotta hold off for a long while yet.

That said, the best FF game that they've come out with recently, wasn't even a Final Fantasy game.
It was Bravely Default.
I've lost a bit of faith in the FF name, so even though I'd pick up FFXV as a way of giving them a second chance...
Xenoblade X > FFXV.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Final Fantasy > Xenoblade for me... Though I won't be playing any of those games for a long while since I don't own a Wii U/PS4/XBone and probably won't be owning one of those for quite a while... cat_sweatdrop

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
smashbrolink
Fated raison detre

That said, the best FF game that they've come out with recently, wasn't even a Final Fantasy game.
It was Bravely Default.
I've lost a bit of faith in the FF name, so even though I'd pick up FFXV as a way of giving them a second chance...
Xenoblade X > FFXV.
Considering you think Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy lately... I'm assuming you've only been playing main console games such as XIII
and XIII-2. Final Fantasy has been doing just fine. Hell, the wait for XV doesn't seem so long when I'm still absorbed in XIV

Questionable Creature

Super glad we have a Wii U in the family room now. Will probably do surveys for cash and pre-order Xenoblade on Amazon. I just hope the new customizable main character doesn't have the usual generic lack of story most customizable stuff does. Pretty cool though that this important Final Fantasy XV guy was all "This other company's game looks awesome and I'm gonna buy a whole new system just to play it."
This looks impressive, yo!

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Fated raison detre
smashbrolink
Fated raison detre

It was Bravely Default.
Xenoblade X > FFXV.
Considering you think Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy lately... I'm assuming you've only been playing main console games such as XIII
and XIII-2. Final Fantasy has been doing just fine. Hell, the wait for XV doesn't seem so long when I'm still absorbed in XIV

I actually haven't even played 13-1 or 13-2.XD

I got out of the series around the time of FF8, and dabbled in 10 for a bit because my friend owned it.

In case it hasn't been mentioned; I'm 31[on the 4th of next month]. I'm old enough that I've been with most of these games since their inception.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Naya Merai
Super glad we have a Wii U in the family room now. Will probably do surveys for cash and pre-order Xenoblade on Amazon. I just hope the new customizable main character doesn't have the usual generic lack of story most customizable stuff does. Pretty cool though that this important Final Fantasy XV guy was all "This other company's game looks awesome and I'm gonna buy a whole new system just to play it."

Y'know, I find it kinda funny...

Not a lot of people realize it, but pretty much every single system that a gamer buys these days, starts out being bought with one particular game in mind.

There's always at least one specific game that will make a person think "okay, now I want the system."
I think it's the whole console wars vitriol that has convinced people they don't buy a system for one game and then expand their collection slowly afterwards in order to justify the purchase, but that's pretty much exactly what happens.
I don't think it's shameful to get a system for one single game, personally, because where there's one, there will inevitably be more.

Sweet Crys's Husband

Magical Shoujo

10,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'll be getting both, but I think I'm more looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Xenoblade Chronicles was a fantastic game with a fantastic soundtrack, and I absolutely love the Xenosaga franchise.

Ruthless Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Inquisitor 200
That trailer looks amazing. I don't know a lot about Xenoblade, but from what I've seen then and what I've seen now looks very promising.

I love JRPGs, but sometimes they look more flashy and visual than what you expect them to be (I'm not saying that either of the games mentioned are going to be that). I think if they put enough substance to match all the visuals (interaction with environment especially to keep everything from looking 'all show and no go'), the game is going to be amazing. I might try out Xenoblade X and it may be good enough to start previous game(s).

Final Fantasy XV looks bad a**. What I fear is just like what I said above though. When I look at the trailers I expect the game to have a long intricate story, characters you care about and have depth, a ton (or an adequate amount) of customization with equipment and skills, a large world full of side quests and achievements and of course a fun time. My experience with final fantasy have been great, but there is always a huge feeling of it being mechanical with the turn based approach. I heard somewhere that FFXV is going to have a different battle system however, so I'm waiting to see how that turns out.

With the innovation non JRPGs are bringing to the RPG world, I hope JRPGs are going to step up their game and bring that extra point to one up the competition.

Ruthless Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Inquisitor 200
smashbrolink
Naya Merai

Y'know, I find it kinda funny...

Not a lot of people realize it, but pretty much every single system that a gamer buys these days, starts out being bought with one particular game in mind.

There's always at least one specific game that will make a person think "okay, now I want the system."
I think it's the whole console wars vitriol that has convinced people they don't buy a system for one game and then expand their collection slowly afterwards in order to justify the purchase, but that's pretty much exactly what happens.
I don't think it's shameful to get a system for one single game, personally, because where there's one, there will inevitably be more.

That's a problem for me. I just got sick and tired of forking over a large amount of money for one game (I'm a casual gamer at most). What you said rings true though. But I am throwing in the towel and sticking to PC (not a bad choice though I don't do console wars). I really want FFXV but I want to see how good the game is before I have to invest in a PS4.
Squenix let me down with most of their recent work so I'd go Xenoblade.

If I ever get a Wii U..

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Fated raison detre
smashbrolink
Fated raison detre

It was Bravely Default.
Xenoblade X > FFXV.

Now, that's not fair. Sure, XIII and XIII-2 are unrecognizable as Final Fantasy games, since it does betray a lot of tropes I associate with the series, but they weren't BAD games. Based on their own merits, it shows a very interesting story and plot with deep characters who cope with their situation, one far greater than human minds can understand.

Yes, in the end, the story essentially boils down to rebels VS the government, a trope in the FF series, but consider the whole L'Cie thing. Watch how the people will see that term and former friends and family will just turn on you, no matter how good of a person you were or how well they knew you. The only people who didn't turn on the L'Cie were the heroes of the story and their own families. The whole story of all L'Cie makes a statement; That people are ruled by fear. That which they don't understand, they will destroy out of fear of the unknown. That is a bold statement, one many of us know, but never explore.

Now, does this excuse XIII and XIII-2 for not being more? No, not at all. But they are neither as good as the fans say nor as bad as the haters portray. They're decent games with a host of problems left mainly up to personal taste. The battle system takes getting used to and some people couldn't get passed it being automated. I could because, seriously, was the AI doing anything different than what you would have done? "This enemy is weak against Ice, I should spam Blizzard on it" goes the AI. Would you have done any different?

But I will say it's good you didn't mention Lightning Returns, since that game, despite having an insane plot, it played great.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Fated raison detre
smashbrolink
Fated raison detre

It was Bravely Default.
Xenoblade X > FFXV.

Now, that's not fair. Sure, XIII and XIII-2 are unrecognizable as Final Fantasy games, since it does betray a lot of tropes I associate with the series, but they weren't BAD games. Based on their own merits, it shows a very interesting story and plot with deep characters who cope with their situation, one far greater than human minds can understand.

Yes, in the end, the story essentially boils down to rebels VS the government, a trope in the FF series, but consider the whole L'Cie thing. Watch how the people will see that term and former friends and family will just turn on you, no matter how good of a person you were or how well they knew you. The only people who didn't turn on the L'Cie were the heroes of the story and their own families. The whole story of all L'Cie makes a statement; That people are ruled by fear. That which they don't understand, they will destroy out of fear of the unknown. That is a bold statement, one many of us know, but never explore.

Now, does this excuse XIII and XIII-2 for not being more? No, not at all. But they are neither as good as the fans say nor as bad as the haters portray. They're decent games with a host of problems left mainly up to personal taste. The battle system takes getting used to and some people couldn't get passed it being automated. I could because, seriously, was the AI doing anything different than what you would have done? "This enemy is weak against Ice, I should spam Blizzard on it" goes the AI. Would you have done any different?

But I will say it's good you didn't mention Lightning Returns, since that game, despite having an insane plot, it played great.
Oh don't get me wrong. I loved XIII and XIII-2. I used them as examples as most who feel that "Final Fantasy is going downhill" generally blame that trilogy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff