Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Regular

I haven't been this excited about Capcom's MH since they announced MHP3rd, which I had to get a hold of, and now play an english patched ISO.

I originally bought a Wii for Tri, and was pretty impressed with online, but the gameplay just didn't draw me in, and the water combat was piss poor. For some odd reason, I grabbed MH3U, knowing it was the exact same game with some added content. Needless to say, I got the jist of it, the content was the same until endgame HR, and felt like I had wasted time I could've put back into MH Frontier.

But, MH Frontier was Japanese, so I had the gruelling task of reading guides of what each menu had.

But MH4U has online integration on the 3ds, which takes out the middle man of the Wii U and making online accessibility with others a much more plausible cause. And the issue I had back with the PSP was local play, and had to Xlink kai.

SO anyways, MH4U is amazing. The gameplay is still core to the series, limited movement while in combat, but the biggest change I've seen and played is the fluidity. Weapons seem a lot more limber? I don't know how to word it precisely, but it just feels a lot more quicker paced.

Things I've noticed is added combo paths. I'm a greatsword user, ever since MH on the PS2, and the biggest change I've noticed is just how "unlimited" combat movement is with it. You can charge attack 3 ways now, overhead charge, backdrawn charge (when you paddle smash) and side charge (pressing A and then A again will bump you into another charge, which a last A press unleashes a big AoE slash).

The only things I'm disappointed in is the difficulty, but it is a demo, I went balls deep and went for Gore Magala and it's just a Tigrex, Nargacuga reskin with some of it's own personal abilities.

But there is the elder Gore Magala, which I'm hoping, will completely thrash me.

Anyone else care to share their experiences of the demo so far?

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
My experience so far is disappointment. In gameplay, narrative, controls, pacing and music. With the big increase in IPs in the genre, I feel like with nostalgia goggles left off, MH is showing it's weaknesses and I just can't go back.
I'm liking the demo so far. tried out the insect glaive and I might make that my main weapon instead of sword and shield which I've been using since forever xD
Demo is easy because all the armor sets have been tweaked.

I've been having a good time. I've sunk about 10 hours into the demo already because I find it really fun. Can't wait for when the full game comes out. Charge blade is ******** dank.

Invisible Regular

JesseAlzuriu
I'm liking the demo so far. tried out the insect glaive and I might make that my main weapon instead of sword and shield which I've been using since forever xD

I hear a lot of people used SnS in MH3U, which made me scratch my head as it's one of the weakest raw output along with elemental.

I could see SnS being up in the higher tiers of status afflictions, but even then, wouldn't DS be better for output?

I'm iffy on the new weapons though, I can see the glaive being OP'd since you get insta buffs from the insect, and you're so mobile it's ridiculous. Charge Axe is pretty cool, but the lack of combo makes it kind of a dumbed down weapon, but until I see raw numbers, I'd rather choose an SnS over CA.

What's funny is that I've been garbage with Lance from PS2 > PSP > Wii and MH3U, but in MH4U, I can actually use it.

Invisible Regular

SuperSmashWaifus
Demo is easy because all the armor sets have been tweaked.

I've been having a good time. I've sunk about 10 hours into the demo already because I find it really fun. Can't wait for when the full game comes out. Charge blade is ******** dank.

I'm not talking damage wise in terms of me getting hit, it just seems.. more fluid. Easier, but still enjoyable.

Yeah the first thing I did was open the menu and went to status to see the buffs, but it was locked out, ;c

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I love the fluid of mobility. Little hills and gaps are just jumped onto, and climbed rather quickly. Personally I still prefer the sleakness of the Long sword, or the hulky smashing power of a hammer. most of the other weapon types just....don't do it as well for me, though I still play around with the others. So far of the two new ones Insect Glaive is enjoyed.

Magical Businessman

My experiences so far have mostly involved struggling with the awkward controls. It felt like I was trying to play Dark Souls with a Sega Saturn controller or some s**t. No wonder why the Circle Pad Pro existed, MH is unplayable without it!

Not like I'm gonna get the full game when it comes out anyway, since I can't for the life of me get into this series, despite people like ProJared saying it's literally the best game ever and that no human being should ever be missing out on it.

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
Lan Sukasa
My experiences so far have mostly involved struggling with the awkward controls. It felt like I was trying to play Dark Souls with a Sega Saturn controller or some s**t. No wonder why the Circle Pad Pro existed, MH is unplayable without it!

Not like I'm gonna get the full game when it comes out anyway, since I can't for the life of me get into this series, despite people like ProJared saying it's literally the best game ever and that no human being should ever be missing out on it.

Its not unplayable without the Circle Pad Pro...it just makes is a LOT easier to handle. I played it for a month without the Circle Pad Pro....and I survived.
QQueue
JesseAlzuriu

I hear a lot of people used SnS in MH3U, which made me scratch my head as it's one of the weakest raw output along with elemental.

I could see SnS being up in the higher tiers of status afflictions, but even then, wouldn't DS be better for output?

I'm iffy on the new weapons though, I can see the glaive being OP'd since you get insta buffs from the insect, and you're so mobile it's ridiculous. Charge Axe is pretty cool, but the lack of combo makes it kind of a dumbed down weapon, but until I see raw numbers, I'd rather choose an SnS over CA.

What's funny is that I've been garbage with Lance from PS2 > PSP > Wii and MH3U, but in MH4U, I can actually use it.

It is weak but I found it the easiest to play. Tried the other weapons and the only one I liked but never really liked enough to use all the time was the gunlance. xD

Magical Businessman

xDeathxxBeyondxxRealityx
Lan Sukasa

Its not unplayable without the Circle Pad Pro...it just makes is a LOT easier to handle. I played it for a month without the Circle Pad Pro....and I survived.

It doesn't help that the camera's not dynamic, and I don't like controlling it with the same finger I use to move my character. Using the soft D-pad on the touch screen isn't a whole lot better either. And yes, I know you can swing the camera to the back of your character with the L button.

Invisible Regular

Lan Sukasa
xDeathxxBeyondxxRealityx
Lan Sukasa

It doesn't help that the camera's not dynamic, and I don't like controlling it with the same finger I use to move my character. Using the soft D-pad on the touch screen isn't a whole lot better either. And yes, I know you can swing the camera to the back of your character with the L button.

Had the same gripe, but I promise you the CPP doesn't do wonders. The game is based around static combat, where you cannot move while attacking, and for that I use the Dpad, since my other hand is busy with combat inputs. The only time I use the CPP is for camera angle movements or with ranged weapons. Other than that, you don't need it. I'd say, keep playing the demo until you get used to the controls. ProJared doesn't even touch on just how amazing this game can be, with other individuals. Alone, yes it can be a bit intimidating, even to some, boring. But with the right group, you can have some intense moments.

Magical Businessman

QQueue

I'm not into games that basically force you to play with friends to make any sort of progress. Of course, it doesn't help that all of my friends hardly or never play any games like this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff