Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Receiver

User Image

(That isn't a crack on the top screen, my screen protector tore off a bit.)

So my 3DS XL fell 4 ft off my dinner table right on the corner hinge, the light piece chipped away however the axis was intact and my 3DS could still stand upright and work properly. (The top screen was a bit wobbly.)

Unfortunately while taking it out of my DS bag one day, it dropped only 2 inches onto the carpet and the dual screen completely broke apart. (As shown above.)

User Image

(The hinge)

I know I need replacement housing, but I'm not really sure if I should let Nintendo handle it, or if I should fix it myself and purchase the products off eBay. Thing is my mom is a bit iffy on buying stuff online so there's that.

I don't think just getting a new 3DS XL is an option here either, I have a lot of downloads that for some reason don't like transferring to a different 3DS via SD Card

Luckily it still works after this much abuse.

User Image

It doesn't feel like a portable gaming system anymore though, it has to be on a flat table with minimal movement. Anyways, any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
i'm guessing you'd only need this then. its an "official" one that isn't a chinese knock off. you could probably find it cheaper. i didn't really check.

and i'm pretty sure nintendo will charge you about $75+ unless your unit is still under warranty.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
You'd be better off getting a new 3DS and doing a system transfer. Let it do what it wants to do then just swap the SD cars.

Wheezing Bloodsucker

6,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Is this the alpha version of the 2DS? rofl
I remember when I had my first DS my little sister dropped it and broke the hinge as well... It never did get fixed. Your best bet is just ordering another one. (Sry for my sarcasm)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff