Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seriously, this feature has been bothering me forever!
If users are going to take the time to watch these things to get small amounts of G cash
then why not just give us the maximum amount we can get?
We already have to put up with the dang chance items where you plunk down a wad of real money and can't even select the item we want.
Does anyone else think that making us dance after watching the adds is fair?
This feature has always made me feel like I'm being cheated.

Magnetic Phantom

I never get around to going the cash video thing anymore.

Cerna Laboosh
This feature has always made me feel like I'm being cheated.

Well, you are being cheated - in the way that it doesn't even matter which card you choose.
I once made a thread about this. (Please don't bump it cause it's really old now.)

Gaia just loves their "random chance (!!!)" stuff, for some reason.

Golden Cat

I stopped doing those when I got 0 cash from the card thing.

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Yeah, it is pretty stupid.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
It's already decided how much gcash you'll get when you watch the video. emotion_drool It's completely useless.

Perfect Saint

95% of the time, I just get gold. emo

Loyal Gaian

20,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
ya its pointless

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

I agree, they should remove the card system, it's completely useless because there are no high end rewards involved.
The grants are pretty similar and don't really have any difference beween them (on a large scale).

The daily cash thing doesn't even stand up to a CI, in a chance item you can always have the possibility of ending up with the jackpot (a very rare and expensive item)...
DT sounds more like a really lame lotto which has poor payouts...

But it's a free feature after all, though I'd rather spend my time doing video offers, which give me a certain amount of cash than watching the ads on DT...

And I really don't mind it being random, still they should remove the useless predetermined card pick and make it more similar to DC...
Wow! this is the first time i've ever really posted something.
It's kind of nice getting to know what others think of things like this.
I suppose that it's a human thing to want to get something for nothing but i just don't think that's its unreasonable to want to get the full amount of reward that is possible.
The three card monty thingy would be totally worth it if say the upper end were like 10 GC..Yeah dream on. As it is however I would rather just watch my vid, collect the meager amount i'm allowed and get on to the next one.
If Gaia really wants people to use these things they need to address this (and a lot of other issues btw) rather than ignore it like everything is all hunky dory.
That's just my opin anyhow. smile

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
bump this is a very good idea.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
It's pretty broken, so I agree. Right now, I hardly ever use it and just go straight to the videos themselves through the cash tree link.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i just wish there were daily vids in my region to watch emo getting 1 gaia cash for watching a video is better than getting 0 gaia cash

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff