Naw, maybe another time, another plot... 0.25 25.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
< 1 2 3

Stubborn Explorer

15,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Malikai shrugged a little when she said she couldn't kick him out of his bed. "Eh, I been kicked out before. Sometimes I don't sleep at home, rather like you." He said it without much behind it. He was a flirt. Sometimes he found places to be besides home. He snerked when she called Lacy his partner, and then outright laughed. "Lacy? Oh, she won't care. The only type of partners we are, are partners in crime." He grinned wolfishly. "We'll only share the bounty, our beds are very separate. Besides," he said with a small shrug, "she's like a kid sister. Y'know, the one that'll bite you if you get too close." He chuckled. He'd tried that the first time they had met and found himself nose to knife-point in an instant. Lacy was not one to cross. She might have been small and female, but she was fast and far stronger and more aggressive than she looked.

To what she said about the men, he grinned a little. "Well, lucky me to have such a versatile and lovely lady on my arm." He wasn't particularly phased and started off down the street arm in arm with Vivian. "So! Do you prefer a drink? Or sweets? Or perhaps a good hearty meal?" He flashed her a grin, feeling the coolness of her arms seep into his skin. It was interesting, to say the least, but Malikai usually ran hot, so her cool hands and arms actually felt rather nice.

She really was, he thought to himself, glancing down at her and studying her profile, a pretty little thing. She also spoke like someone of high class. He wondered what someone like her was actually doing in the lower end of town. Sure there were more meals down here, but... she could have a much better place to stay if she hunted more uptown. Not that he particularly minded in this instant. He was enjoying her company.

Then again, it was hard to find anyone that Malikai didn't enjoy spending time with.

~~

Lacy strolled along and nearly made it to her destination when a man suddenly went flying out of the window of the tavern before her. She took a step back into the more shadowy area of the street and watched as a creature, a bit fuzzy creature, came strolling out after the man and punted him (literally punted him) over several houses and into the forest beyond. She winced. That man wasn't getting up any time soon... her attention drifted back to the creature who happened to be chatting happily with two others before going back into the tavern. She wouldn't be surprised if they got kicked out. Windows were nice to have in this town.

But, that wasn't exactly her problem, was it. She slipped away from the scene and through the people who had gathered, letting her hands wander here and there into the pockets of those still gawking. It was too easy to pass up. It was their fault for being like dumb sheep, standing around with their mouths open and whispering rumors that didn't even make sense. With her pockets now full, she trotted down the street and made her way to the shop she was looking for. Lacy hesitated outside, though. She really didn't like this guy. He was a bit too cocky for her tastes, and he tended to drive a hard bargain.

~~

The man was offering Silva a good place to stay, describing the inn and it's commodities, when a small commotion happened outside. Silva and the man turned, curiously, and watched astounded as a small, well-dressed man went first through a window, and then over their own building. For a second there was silence. Then Silva and the man exchanged glances and stood to go check out the hassle. The man, as big and burly and drop dead drunk as he was, stepped politely in front of Silva as if to shield her should something else happen. She looked up at his broad back and thought to herself that he was so nice she almost felt bad for swindling him. Almost.

They got to the threshold of the door as the scene started dissipating and Silva slipped around the man to get a good peek. It looked like there had been a gambling incident. Her eyes traveled over the creatures that seemed to be involved and decided she wasn't going to get herself in trouble with them. Some creatures were almost as cunning as she was, and far faster with their tempers. Patting the big man on the arm, she said, "I'm sure it'll work itself out."

Hilarious Tactician

Conner smiled to himself as he handed over the coins and carefully took the jewelery box away from the couple. "I assure you, this is the best deal you'll get. I'll have a hard time making a profit with this price, but I can see you desperately need it, so i'll make due." he flashed them a kind smile, and received a smile in return as the pair thanked him once more before leaving his shop. As they left, his smile took on the form of a more devilish grin before opening the box once more. What he had 'forgotten' to mention to the poor couple who were down on their luck, was that the box alone was very rare, due to an engraving etched into the base of it. He had only been half lying though, he would indeed have a hard time making a profit, if he was only selling some of the jewelery inside. However they were just icing on the cake.
After placing the contents into one of his showcases, he gently lowered the box into a small compartment underneath his desk, smiling to himself.
Turning back around, he noticed another figure enter. However he knew that physical items weren't in this mans interest. The man slipped a piece of paper onto the desk, as well as a small sack of gold. reading the paper quickly, Conner responded. "He'll be in the butchers in half an hour, should leave ten minutes later, then shall try and be clever and get home by taking the alley across the road. That's your best chance." The man nodded and quickly left.
Everything sold. He thought to himself. Gold, jewels, information. If it made money, he'd sell it.
As he placed the coins into his coffer, he noticed an unpleasantly familiar shape outside his door. He hoped she wouldn't be coming in, but he had a feeling that she'd have no other reason for dawdling out there.
But today had been a good day, even the little guttersnipe couldn't dampen his cheery mood right now.

Hardcore Kitten

The succubus looked at the faces they passed, some in envy and others in disgust. It was too charming to her heart to see such humanly people be distracted by her entity being with that of a poor little street rat. That's probably how they saw the handsome neko, walking with the beautiful lady. However, Vivian saw it a different way; she saw passed the poor endeavor of Malikai and instead saw quiet a handsome cat.

"Well, isn't that a delight then. However, I still won't stand to leave you bed-less. So if you aren't objected to the thought, if a bunch of little bodies could fit into your bed, why not both of ours?" Her voice held an air of flirtatiousness to it, but also a very tempting offer. She didn't believe he might take this serious, nobody that knew Vivian did even if it was a sincere arrangement. The succubus did mean it, she wouldn't feel right taking someone else's bed from them; but she would share it if it were big enough and if not she would find a way to suit both of them.

Vivian's thoughts raced when he mentioned human delights, they had all different kinds of things and well; she could never choose favorites when it came to drinks and pastries. "I am quite fond of those warm drinks children often have during the winter months. What's it called again, spiced cider? Oh! Those one little chocolates with that creamy light brown middle is quite good too. I never do remember their names since I can go without eating for so long. As far as meals go, I haven't had many nor ones that weren't soups or bread. I can afford the meats, but I tend not to buy them since it seems to take longer for them to be cooked." She mused, it was a delighted little kid voice ringing from the depths of her. The women did have a child like side to her when it came to things she was fond of.

Her sun like orbs turned to look up at him, head coxing to the side as she wondered what the neko could be thinking. Her face screwing up into a questioning look, why did this man even want to be around her? She was terrifying to most who could see through her cloak of false pretenses. She also wondered where Malikai and Lacy lived. How many kids were there, would they be scared of her? Vivian was very confused, the only children she ever met were thieves she was trading things they stole from her for some gold or food.

----

After another drink the odd man acquired the information he needed from the bar keep. He paid for the drinks and began to head out of the damaged tavern, he was headed toward some street vendors that sold sacks of rice, wheat and beans for cheap profits. Then he'd be off to buy a few pounds of meat for the pack to feed on or to make into whatever else they wanted to create with it. The wolf hoped this would suffice with his father, so that he could get on with his life.

"When will this cycle of misery end.." The thoughts trailed in his usually quiet mind, "Will my father ever be proud of me.." Reese began to walk to the market in order to find the farmers selling their crops in bags. They weren't the easiest to spot, even with their few assortments and their huge bags of them. An elder couple greeted him, they seemed cheerful and like their life couldn't get any better.

"What can we do for you, young man?" The woman asked as she smiled happily. The old man had a toothy grin as he stood next to his wife, waiting for Reese to answer. "I would like a sack of rice, one sack of wheat and a sack of beans." He spoke, his ears twitched and the couple didn't seem to notice; if they did they simply hadn't cared he was not human. The old man drug a sack of rice in front of the stand, then a sack of wheat and lastly a sack of beans. The old man smiled an said, "That'll be three shillings." This surprised the wolf, they should have been charging more for such things. Reese opened his pouch of gold and instead took out six, telling the couple he wouldn't pay any less.

There was no way he was going to be able to lug all of this back to the forest, he'd have to make multiple trips at this rate. Luckily, a man was selling his old mule and cart for four shillings. The odd wolf purchased the cart and mule, then set out on his quest to pick up a few pounds of meats and then be off back to his pack. The sun had already risen into the middle of the sky and it seemed as though it wouldn't be too much longer before it began to fall back over the horizon.

Stubborn Explorer

15,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Malikai flashed her a grin, teeth white against his tan face. "Well I don't mind, but are you sure you could stand the heat?" His ear twitched slightly, picking up the sounds of what appeared to be a brawl happening in the distance. "I generate quite a bit of it, y'know." The innuendo was actually quite honest. He was rarely ever cold, his natural body temperature running higher than most humans. It was probably why he ended up with a plethora of children in the bed by morning. He was warm. They were cold. He didn't mind, though. Kids were sort of cute in their own way. He quickly returned his attention to the woman beside him when she started talking about the foods she liked.

"Cider, eh?" He drawled slowly, looking around and trying to figure out if there was a good place to get decent cider. "An' I think you're talkin' about caramel, darlin'." He stopped in front of a small shop and peered through the windows. His face broke out into a grin. "Yeah, this is the place. C'mon in," he pulled open the door and held it there for her, quite like a gentleman might. "You'll find all sortsa sweets in this place." The store was, indeed, a shop to buy sweets. It had shelves upon shelves of chocolates and hard candies and gummy candies and taffy and anything else sweet that you could find. It was a favorite with the children, so he knew the innards of it pretty well.

Malikai could see her puzzling over something and figured it might have to do with why he was talking to her. Well, he wasn't entirely sure himself other than the fact that she was a very beautiful woman and seemed to have a personality to match. Plus, she looked as though she were being pestered, and though Malikai was nothing short of a flirtatious scoundrel, he disliked men who were lewd about it. Flirting could be tasteful, and it should be.

~~

She shifted, stepping out of the way as a happy couple exited the store looking very pleased, and scowled. The thief was at it again, no doubt. At least she was an honest thief. She stole from people things they probably wouldn't really miss, well, besides this watch. He stole important things from people, ensuring them that this was the best deal they'd get, all the while laughing in the back of his head about how he would make a fortune off of the item later. Cheat. Liar. Snake. She really didn't like him.

But.

She had to feed the kids. Finally stealing her nerves she pushed the door open and stepped into the shop, staring at the man behind the counter coolly. She knew he didn't like her either. They merely had a business arrangement. Other than that, the loathing could be cut with a knife whenever they were in the same room. She let the door swing shut and perused the few things that he had on his shelves with little interest before stopping at the counter and sliding the watch across. "I already got it appraised elsewhere, so don't even think about less than 80." She went higher than the other place. The shop downtown rarely had anything of value or money, so she tended to roll the ball a little lower. The shop downtown also always took her first offer. This man, however, would try and haggle you down to pennies for an item that was worth hundreds, and she wasn't having any of it.

~~

Silva soon had her room and a bit of cash to go with it. The blundering drunk pretty much gave her anything she needed in exchange for him telling his sad tale. He was a barbarian, of sorts. A warrior. He left to go to war and when he got back, well, his little wife hadn't waited for him. Their three children didn't remember him. He had been booted out on his rear and told to never come home. Silva made the appropriate noises of consolation when he was speaking, finding herself feeling more and more as if she rather liked the man. He might have been a drunk, but he was an honest drunk. He was honestly drunk and honestly upset. When he finished his tale and took a swig of his drink, she laid a hand on his shoulder. "You know, I don't have a home either. If you are ever looking for travel, come find me."

He nodded, turning back to stare into his tankard, and she turned to leave, thanking him over her shoulder. She doubted she'd see him again, but a little bit of kindness sometimes went a long way. If she saw him later, he'd likely help her out again. Whistling cheerfully she went toward the inn he had indicated when she saw a man who looked familiar. Her eyebrows rose in mock concern as she saw him carrying foodstuffs to a cart. What a good little drone he was, wasn't he? She could tell from his ears he was the same as the wolf back at her prey. She watched him as he moved through the town, this time in the direction of the butchers, and she let out a derisive snort. They literally had him working as a pack mule!

Shaking her head she continued on her way, but she stopped, or rather paused, as she passed him and said, "What a loving pack you have, sending out their omega for treats." He hadn't presented himself as an omega earlier, but it was clear in her eyes that whatever his pack was, they were treating him like dirt. That equaled Omega. "At least they haven't attacked you, I suppose." She continued on her way, not bothering to look back. She hated the pack mentality. She hated the way they chose one to be the lowest and tore at them. She might have been an alpha, but she would never be one if that's what was required. Look out for the majority, rather than the individual. Ha. She thought, stopping before the inn. And he thinks he has it better than I do.

KittyofMoonlight

olliedag

Hilarious Tactician

Conner glanced up at the girl as she entered, his face still plastered with his grin.
"oh, well isn't this a rare treat! To what do I owe the honour?" He gave an over exaggerated bow, his eyes never letting her leave his sight. Good mood or not, he knew the little scoundrel was quick with her fingers and would steal anything if given half the chance. His eyes glinted slightly as the golden watch was pushed across his table. Taking it into his hand, he promptly began scrutinizing it for any scuff, mark, or anything which would alter its value. Nodding to himself, he took a small tool from a drawer and began tapping the watch, making sure the gold was real.
Stolen, but pure gold, she took care not to damage it .. His mind began pondering the price and value. Slight engraving though, might make it noticable .. I can sell it to a fence for one eighty, minus thirty expenses ..
Eventually, he placed the watch back onto the table between them. His eyes staring into hers. It was true, he despised her with a passion, but this was business. Emotions could wait. however his happiness made him feel almost charitable right now. Almost.
"Seventy is fair." he said, his hand reaching down for a leather pouch and counting out the coins. He could haggle more, but at most he would gain five, maybe ten gold extra, and the profit he would make was fine.
He dangled the pouch in front of her, continuing to watch her. "You argue, I raise the price, you argue more, you find somewhere that will take a stolen watch for half that price .. If you're lucky. I'm sure you need every shilling you can scrounge."

The Crimson Baronessa

Hardcore Kitten

"I'm being licked by the flames of hell now." She teased, reminding him she had been holding onto his arm, "So I think I'll manage." Vivian watched his ears flicker towards a noise, her eyes following and an eyebrow raising in question. It was not her fight, though nor any of her concern for what had happened to the men or creatures the brawl had encountered. Her eyes flashed back to Malikai, she'd felt a tad naïve when it came to not knowing the names of certain things she liked; especially when he corrected her.

Her golden orbs held a delight when he mentioned the gooey, delicious substance she'd listed as being caramel. This was good information to her, she would need to remember this for when she decided to buy more of it later. "Thank you, kind sir." She smiled and walked into the shop he'd directed for her. The shop smelled of different chocolates and sweets. Her eyes glittered as she scanned the various ones, never seeing so many sweets in one place all at once. A store in the upper side of town had sweets, but they didn't display them in a way, you had to order a sample and try it before you could find one you liked.

A woman greeted Vivian as she approached the counter, but she hadn't heard what the woman said. The succubus was too fixated on the candies that were behind the counter, dressing shelves and what not. In an excited spin, Vivian faced Malikai again, "What do the children like? I would love to buy them something, I mean they'll be dealing with a new woman in their home and it's the least I could do." She was very sincere, she wanted to get the orphans something as well as herself and whatever Malikai wanted. After all, she had the money for it since the man's soul she had taken was quite wealthy. He'd only taken her to the lower part of town to avoid his wife catching him cheating.

She was already going over a list of chocolates in her head, along with the caramel filled ones that she was so fond of. Vivian also wanted to try the pastry like candies that were sitting in the front, she'd heard a lot about them from the wealthy people. They were chocolate filled and said to be quite a treat. Vivain thought about something else a moment, she didn't want to be a burden and decided it might be fun to buy them food and something to drink as well. After all she knew a little place where they could pick up hot meals and some drinks for the children, she'd gone there many a time when on this side of town when she had been hungry. They had some great meals, anything you could think of really.

----

The wolf had made it well to the butchers before a familiar scent enchanted his nostrils. While her smell was slightly different in stolen clothes and the blood smell had all, but faded away; she still smelled like a wolf. His eyes flickered to her as she passed, but she'd slowed to chirp a bit of mockery into his fine tuned ears. He would have loved to growl a retort, but she was gone all too quickly. Reese snorted and glared into the direction she'd passed, it was ridiculous that a woman would call him an omega. He never took that lightly, even when the omegas joked about it.

"Pathetic little rat. It's her fault I'm in this mess at all. I couldn't have taken that half eaten deer back to the pack so I showed up empty handed and now I'm doing an omega's job because she is a treacherous snake." He thought as he approached the butcher the man at the bar had recommended. He wasn't a very clean, up front man. It was quite the opposite, he was covered in blood and so much hair that it looked like fur. The man was not originally from the town or even the continent with his heavy accent, but he was said to be the best butcher for those who needed a lot of meat for cheap.

The man made a gruff noise before spitting into a brass canister. "Whaut ca' I do fo' yah boiy." His husky voice emanated as his knife slammed against the chopping block, the stench of blood was very thick and fresh. It was almost over whelming to the point Reese wondered if he could resist eating all of the meat before he made it home. The butcher made a worse noise before repeating himself, "I said whaut ca' I do fo' yah boiy?" The reality of the blood smell fading away his thoughts of chasing deer and rabbit through the thick forest, their blood staining his muzzle and teeth.

"I need three pounds of beef, two of pork and four of chicken." The odd wolf's voice replied finally, eyes fixed on the blooded meat laying on the chopping block. It smelled very fresh and caused his mouth to water, it was like smelling meat for the first time as a pup. He remembered the feeling of his first hunt, the teeth ripping through ligaments and flesh; savoring the first taste of his own kill's blood. Reese's eyes shifted from little slits and back to normal pupils in a second. The butcher had disappeared into the back of his shop and began to chop and package the meat. His ears twitched at the rhythmic sounds. Chop. Crinkle. Chop. Crinkle. It was the process of processing the meats.

Moments later the butcher returned, he placed the packages onto the cart for Reese, seeing as how it would take the wolf a few trips and the man only one with his enormous size. "Thaut'll beh ighty." The husky voice demanded as he returned back to his shop overhang. The slightly tanned wolf pulled the eighty gold from his pouch and paid the butcher before pulling on the neighs of his mule and turned him towards home. It may have been easier to pull the cart himself as a wolf, but the mule would come in handy for meat later if food was still scarce.

Garbage Entrepreneur

Darroh's expression soured as he took in the glorious majesty that was the Tavern; Crummy lighting, leery patrons, dirty mugs, likely piss-poor food and a decor that screamed "You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." All the place needed was an abused band forced to play against their will and a few scantily clad women to complete the picture. Delightful. Lug was approaching a table where two goblins and a lizardperson were pulling up fallen chairs to and the goblins couldn't have been wearing bigger s**t-eating grins as one handed Lug a mug of...something.

"When you throw'a punch there big fella, you sh-hor-hor do throw'a punch!" one goblin, a scabby looking little imp with blue-tinged hair and a scarred chin quipped as he scooted closer to the table and taking a swig from his mug.

"Lug know. Lug like hitting things!" The big lunk chortled happily. "Pay well too." Lug gave a little laugh and finished off whatever he had been drinking, giving a low belch for good measure. "Need refill." He muttered, ambling over to the bar to likely refill his mug. The bartender on duty mustn't have been the owner, because he didn't seem to be giving the slightest inclination of caring that the approaching patron had done considerable damage to the tavern. The lizardperson seemed to finish his drink as well and quietly left, allowing Narr to occupy the now vacant seat. The cat-like bounty hunter was on edge; The short hair on the back of his neck was standing on edge and his long ears twitched and shuddered at every loud sound. Typical paranoia. Narr had never been a fan of crowds, Darroh noted as he righted a fallen chair and took a seat at the table. Why he hated crowds so much was still a matter of debate and secrecy, seeing as Narr either always changed the answer or flat out refused to give one.

"You his boys?" One of the goblins asked, this one was wearing some kind of leather cap with goggles that made him look truly ridiculous.

"Associates." Darroh said offhandedly as he pulled a small box hanging from his hip and rested it on the table. "We're freelancers."

"You mean sellswords? Mercs?" At this, Darroh gave a low growl.

"Yes, if you must be so jejune, we are sellswords. Personally, I prefer "Freelancers". There's a little bit more of refinement to the name." Darroh said with an air of superiority as he fished a small key from his pocket and began to work the lock on the box.

"But your still just mercs, no matter what you call yourself." The goblin persisted. Darroh, who had been busy unlocking the box stopped what he was doing and leered at the goblin, teeth poking out from his lips. He stared malevolently at the goblin long enough to get his point across; Stop talking and leave me alone. The goblin's ears drooped as he shrank back and took a renewed interest in his ale. With a measure of silence, Darroh unlocked the box, replaced the key and took an odd-looking piece of headgear from the box: It looked like a pair of brass goggles with oddly elongated eyepieces. Attached to those same goggles were a myriad of lenses of varying sizes that could be flicked down over the goggles to magnify the object the wearer was looking at. The goblin with the hat gave a little hoot of envy as Darroh put them on and pulled a lump of gemstone from the sack neatly tucked away under his coat.

"Do you really think you should be doing that in here?" Narr asked, his voice laced with slight worry. "What if-"

"Not worried. The place saw what Lug did to the last guy who did...whatever he did to him. They see us palling around with him, they'll know that same danger of being thrashed remains if they decide to bother either of us." Darroh said loudly, interrupting Narr. His voice carried just loud enough for the other patrons to hear. Narr gave a single annoyed huff and left his companion to his work.

"Gettin' some food." Narr muttered, making for the bar.

"You do that." Darroh muttered, distracted. Closing his eyes for a moment, he did his best to slow his breathing and relax his body [No mean feat considering the local and company]. Taking the lump of gemstone, in this case an emerald, he placed the piece in the palm of one of his right hand, then laid his left directly over his right. After a moment of concentration and silence, his fingertips and palms began to emit a soft blue light. Turning his hands so his fingers pointed up, he separated his hands quickly until they were roughly a foot apart. On each of his flawed fingers was a rune no larger then a dime which emitted a soft, almost pleasant blue-white light. Larger runic circles were etched into the palms of his hands which also glowed faintly and suspended, slowly rotating between his hands, was the lump of unrefined emerald. With a twitch of his fingers, the stone began to rotate faster and faster until it was more then a green blur. His fingers twitched and flicked rapidly, the emerald flashing weakly at each motion. He heard a loud clatter off to his left and a low, awestruck coo.

"Yous make'n dem rocks pretty again, huh?" Lug's baritone voice thrummed through Darroh's mind.

"Mh-hm." Darroh grunted, focusing on his work. To the untrained eye, it would look as though Darroh was just preforming some pointless light show or magic trick. In truth, the Geomancer was refining and reshaping the lumping hunk into a masterpiece. Each finger could apply, negate, pull or cut the lump in his hands until the gem would be worthy for market. It was why he always requested to be paid in seemingly worthless pieces of gems; He could refine them better then any jewelcrafter and, if need be, even persuade the gem to grow a little bit more in case he did mess up. Such was the power of Darroh the Geomancer! He couldn't suppress a smile at the title he'd so diligently given himself. Unaware of his friends ego-stroking, Lug watched Darroh shape the stone with a content, almost silly smile on his face. He always did love the look of those pretty lights.

As Narr approached the bar, he found a small spot near the farther edge and settled down to wait for the bartender to approach, ears twitching and nose wiggling at the various smells and sounds of the bar. In truth, he looked far more on edge then he felt, but he still wasn't fond of being around so many different people. Force of habit and training, unfortunately. When you grew up in an environment where everyone was out for themselves, you'd need to always be wary of the people around you....

Stubborn Explorer

15,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Da Warboss

olliedag

KittyofMoonlight

[[Hey Warboss! If you want to interact, think you could lead your gents to Keiko's inn? She's the best bet for being nosy right now. Then again, you could also bump into Lacy as soon as she's free from Ollie's pest of a character. X3 <3 Love ya, Ollie.]]

Malikai swung casually into the store behind the succubus, letting the door fall quietly behind them. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked around. He wasn't particularly fond of sweets; well, he didn't dislike them, but he wasn't fond of them. He was too concerned with his physical health. Candy did awful things to your teeth and body, so he tried to stay away from it. But, he didn't mind indulging people, either. He flicked his gaze back over to the woman he was accompanying and watched her eyes light up. Like a kid in a candy store. He grinned. It was sort of cute. When she asked what the children liked he had to think for a moment.

"Uhh... they tend to like just about anything. They're lil' tykes, y'know?" He shrugged, walking over to a jar and poking around in it. "They try to get things like this here, penny candy, cos they never have money." He swirled the candy in the jar and then put it back down, looking back around. "So, they really aren't picky." He smiled in her direction, eyes flickering to the windows. He might have been out and wandering around with a pretty lady, but he was always on edge. He wasn't exactly the most unwanted person in the world. If the guard spotted him they'd have a few too many questions for his taste.

~~

Lacy rolled her eyes at his dramatic speech and mannerisms. She didn't answer either, just watched as he studied the watch, narrowing her eyes as she watched his mind turning and coming up with a scheme. It was a good watch. She had peeked at it before trying to sell it the first time. She knew it was more than expensive, especially from having come from that man. He was richer than most. She could tell by his swagger. Her eyebrows snapped together in a frown when Conner started speaking and she narrowed her eyes at his offer. True, seventy was better than forty, but he was still shorting her. He knew it was worth more than that, and she gave a decent price to begin with. He was being slimy again. Lacy reached forward and snatched up the watch, working at it a little and popping it open. Once opened, she slid it toward him, raised an eyebrow, and pointed to a little engraving.

"That's Sar Hanafold's signature. You know as well as I do that his watches are more than just plain gold. They've got magic. If I can't sell it to you, then I'll sell it to the first merc in the area and I guarentee that I'll get a better price from them." Mercs were hard to read, but the promise of magic usually had them leaning forward in interest. "But, I was nice. I came to you. You ent gonna get a better deal than this." She paused, then said firmly. "Eighty. An' maybe the next time I find those pretty shiny things you like so much, I'll bring 'em here first instead of sellin' them downtown."

~~

Silva strolled into the in. Nearly fifteen minutes later she had the entire place eating out of her palm. She even got her room for free. With a pleased smile, she meandered on up to her room with a bowl full of steaming stew and a large bottle of vintage wine. She hummed a cheery little tune to herself and bumped the door open to her room (a luxury room by their standards, but it had a bed and a vanity and a good window, so she was happy) and kicked it shut, leaving her alone with her food and thoughts. She placed the food and wine on the table next to her bed and fell backwards on it, stretching languidly. Yes, this was the life. She had no one to answer to. No one to tell her what to do. And...

She didn't have to share.

Hilarious Tactician

Conner's eyes narrowed as she argued. What cheek! He hadn't offered her a horrible price, and if she'd caught him on any other day, he would have offered her fifty at most, and then thrown her out and called the guards for her insulting nature.
Still, he was impressed she had noticed the mark. She had clearly been doing her research. "A merc doesn't carry much money, and even if they do, they would probably give you less than I'm offering .." He looked at the watch in her hand, his mind ticking over whether dealing with the girl was worth his time.
Then again ..
The girl had a knack for finding shiny, often expensive things. He wouldn't shed a tear should she appear face down in the gutter at sunrise, but whilst she crawled around the trash of the city, he might as well make sure what baubles she drags up were seen to carefully.
Counting out the extra ten gold, he placed them in the pouch, one hand extending, waiting for the watch. "This time, i will agree, but one one condition, in future, you bring what you 'find' to me, and only to me. I will then take what i deem valuable, and pay you accordingly." At this point he placed another five gold into the pouch. "Consider that, as a down payment for future services rendered."
At this point he held the pouch out, waiting for her answer. When money was involved, he could put up with the scum of the earth, provided they had coin to warrant it, and right now, even with the loathing he had for the thieving the rat before him, he saw a business opportunity.

The Crimson Baronessa

Hardcore Kitten

Vivian listened to Malikai carefully and made a disgusted face as he pulled out a penny cost candy. "That won't do." She shook her head, "Do you have a favorite place to din?. I wish to purchase a hot meal for everyone tonight. I have the money so do not object. If you don't I know a place that serves delicious meals and would gladly pay the high end prices for you and the children." Her words came out quickly. Though, making him have to wait to give her an answer as she turned back to the counter.

"Do you know what you'd like, Ma'am?" The young woman asked as she faced the succubus, unaware she was even face to face with the creature. In this woman's eyes, Vivian had transformed into a brunette with short hair who wore simplistic clothing and was dark in skin; freckles covering her face and shoulders. The dangerous creature smiled, a voice spilling out that wasn't hers as it hit the counter woman's ears. Vivian had guessed the woman had eyes for a woman much like herself, probably a motherly figure who worked long days in the fields or on the farm.

"I need a pound of those chocolates on the back shelf. I need a pound with caramel filled chocolates. I need a pound of gummy candy, mix all sorts of them. Lastly I need a pound of these." The succubus had pointed to a type of truffle that was in the display case, they looked like little frogs and turtles. The woman took a few minutes to bag and weigh each bag, before setting them all together on a counter. "That'll be sixty." The woman smiled. Vivian graciously handed the chocolate woman sixty in gold and placed the chocolate bags into her bag that hung on her shoulder.

Her cold, pale hands grabbed onto Malikai and smiled happily. "So, how about dinner, my dear kitten?" She chimed in a childish fashion. Her manner had been a lot more up beat than it would have if she'd ventured alone. After all if the handsome neko wasn't at her side, who knows where she would be or what she would be doing at that very instant, considering she wouldn't have needed to look for prey any time soon yet would have anyway out of sheer boredom.

"Hope it isn't personal information, Malikai, but why are you in the place you're in. What's your whole shtick?" Vivian asked. She knew he wouldn't reply while they were in the shop and probably not in public since he seemed like a wanted man from the way he stared out the windows and kept himself alert. The woman stretched her blackened wings out and up, then tightly folded them into her back again. She stared up at the neko with sun light orbs full of curious questions that were waiting to be answered Though, she didn't want to ask certain ones she had, since she didn't want to be too upfront and seem odd for a complete stranger to ask.

----

The moorland passed him by as he headed back toward the dense woods. His pack would be awaiting their dinner, but if it was as it usually was; his father would still be disappointed in him. There was no redemption for the littlest mistakes Reese made when it came to his father's eyes. The odd wolf finally reached the edge of the wooded area, having to hold the reigns tighter on the mule's muzzle as he guided the cart as far as possible. A howl echoed through the woods, followed by a few wolves.

"Ginja. Roe. Burtus. Vitre. Thank you for coming so quickly. I need some help with the meat and the mule. I can strap most of the meats to this mule, but the bags are not so easily carried. Brutus, Ginja and Vitre, you take the bags. No offense Roe, but you'll help me carry the meat and guide the mule." Reese spoke like a leader giving orders, granted that had been in his blood. Ginja and Vitre took the sacks without a word and began to walk toward town. "You don't have to give me easy work because I'm a girl." Roe remarked before filling her arms with the packaged meat and beginning to strap as much as the mule could hold onto it.

As Roe disappeared with most of the meat, Brutus dragged behind with Reese, for moments neither of them spoke. "I have to tell you something, Reese." Brutus began, "Your father is getting weaker, even if he won't show it. But he won't just let you take over. I think your father is planning to challenge you."
"He's challenged me before, but you know as well as I do that I won't fight my father. I refuse to injure my own kin."
"I just wanted to let you know, Reese. Be careful. The pack belongs to you once he goes and if you get too injured to lead then it'll go to Heugau and you know how he is. He shows no mercy and our pack would be stained in blood before the next moon."
"Brutus, I know." Reese already had enough on his shoulders and this new information didn't help at all.

A snarl brushed his ears as Reese and Brutus arrived at the home of the pack. It was of course, Heugau, a silver colored wolf with crimson eyes and an underbelly and legs the color of mud stains. The rival wolf had wanted Reese to fail and never come home so that he could lead the pack in the ways he believed in. The alpha closed his eyes and lowered his head in a nodding motion toward his son, but it wasn't of approve; it was just something he did to show he didn't disappoint him. Reese sighed as he entered the home where his mother sat at the table, stitching an old torn rabbit for one of the younger kids in the pack. His mother had taken to helping the kids now that her's was grown and could take care of himself.

"You did good, son." She spoke softly before handing the stuffed rabbit to a little girl with deep brown hair and orange orbs. That was, of course, Missa. One of the future hunters, she was a bright little girl; but was teased by the other children for still having her stuffed rabbit even though she had began her simplistic training to become a hunter. Children in their pack became apprentices after the shaman revealed that the spirits chose the children's true fates during the summer solstice. Missa was one of three hunting apprentices, the other two being boys and also who teased the slightly tanned little girl the most.

Reese smiled at Missa, she was his favorite out of the apprenticing pups. She was also the kindest and acted most humanly towards others. Missa was also like a little sister to Reese seeing as his own little sister Dytha didn't survive her first winter and had caught hypothermia. The shaman, Cocowe, had told them there was no cure since Dytha had been so young and her immune system had yet to activate completely, but Cocowe also told Reese's parents that she'd been anemic. Reese hadn't found out about his little sister's anemia until two years after her death. "Hi, Reeeeese!" Missa chimed loudly before hugging the odd wolf and exiting his home.

Reese stared back at the girl as she left, thoughts only interrupted as his mother's voice spoke, "She reminds you of Dy, doesn't she?"
"Dytha, may have been young when she went, but I will never forget her face and if she were alive today; they would almost be twins." Reese was right, Dytha and Missa were almost similar besides Dytha being pale and having blonde hair. They had the same orange orbs and the same red lips, it could have been an alternative mirror for his sister. However there was no bringing Dytha back.

The odd wolf sat down as his mother spoke to him more about her day and began dinner. Reese loved his family. They were always there for him when he truly needed them and while the whole pack was not blood related, a lot of them having been outsiders or rouges, but he cared for them all the same.

All, but two of them.

Stubborn Explorer

15,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
He chuckled a little, "It won't do?" She was very interested in getting things for the kids. From the way she was acting, he knew that they were going to love her. The kids didn't get spoiled often. "We don't need no fancy foods, Vivian. Besides, if you fill their tummies with things that are too rich, they'll just get sick. Stick to simple." He smiled at her, warmly, and stood back as she ordered plenty of chocolate. The price was high, but sweets usually were. When she grabbed his arm again he flashed a smile to the lady at the counter and turned on out of the store. "Dinner sounds good." He purred, pushing the door open so it swung in a wide arc to let them out. "And I know just the place." He started to head down the street again, casually keeping an eye on the things around him.

He glanced at her with an unsurprised look when she asked him his story. "My... shtick? I don't think I've heard that word before... but I assume you mean why I'm a thief?" He smiled a little and looked forward again, ears flicking back in a relaxed manner. "No particularly interesting reason. I guess I'm just bored." He shrugged a little, a slow smile spreading across his face and a rather gentle look crossing through his eyes. "I have a mum and a dad, they live a few towns over, actually." He glanced at her, "Don't tell them I'm a thief, they'd kill me." Malikai laughed, fully amused. "Grew up with a happy life, even found out a few years ago that I have a brother..." Something flashed in his eyes, a small reflection of anger, but it was easily replaced with his usual easy-going demeanor. He turned down a small street and stopped in front of a small stand.

Delicious smells wafted from the stand and an older man turned with a bright smile on his face. "G'day! Good to see you, friend." He nodded at Malikai and leaned on the counter, seeing a sweet looking girl who looked rather like his granddaughter when he looked at Vivian. "You brought a lady friend today? Things must be getting serious." He gave a toothy grin.

Malikai grinned right back, also leaning on the counter, his tail swishing back and forth. "We just met."

The old man tsked at him, but turned his cheerful smile back toward Vivian. "So are you here for food? Because I make the best food in town." He winked, the expression not flirtatious.

~~

Lacy made a face when he said that mercs didn't carry much money. She would find a way to get it, even if it meant waiting until their backs were turned. Still, she saw something glint in his eye when she mentioned the shiny things he liked so much, then watched carefully as he counted out the money to the eighty, feeling rather pleased. Good. He was giving her what she needed. Her mind worked quickly on how she would spend it, knowing the people who were easier to haggle with. The eighty would be gone by sundown, before then. But it would last them long enough. She dropped the watch into his hand and frowned at him at his request.

Bring everything to him? Who did he think he was? She was about to protest and give her usual attitude back when he dropped five more gold into the pouch. Guaranteed money. He was saying she'd have guaranteed money, and if he wanted to keep her going back, he'd have to give her a fair price. She eyed the pouch before plucking it from his hands. She opened it to check the count, even though she already knew he hadn't shorted her. "Alright, fine. But if you ent fair, I'm goin' straight back to ignorin' you." She glanced back up, eyes narrowed and sharp. She was much smarter than she pretended to be, though admittedly it was mostly street smarts, but she also knew that he had smarts in the bookish area. She would have to think quick to stay on the same page.

She nodded back at the watch. "The man who had it was from the Hill. He had that long jacket with the gold emblem. Probably wanna keep it hidden if he comes 'round." She turned on her heel and walked out. Alright, so now she had to figure out what to get for the kids. Bread, milk, eggs--the basics. Maybe some ham, the kids loved ham. If she could swing it, she might be able to get the hard candies they liked so much. She could get an entire bag. And then, she'd have to get blankets, blankets and clothes--or at least fabric. She could make clothes.

olliedag

KittyofMoonlight

Hilarious Tactician

The Crimson Baronessa

Conner grinned at her reaction to more money. Heavens knew why she stole so much. His sources told him that a good amount of petty thefts in this town could be put down to her. Or at least someone matching her description. "Not fair? I assure you, I shall keep to the deal as long as you do." His grin grew wider as she described the gentleman she'd pilfered the watch for. "Oh him. I am familiar with the man, and I shall keep the watch away from his greedy eyes, be assured." With that said, he waited for her to leave the shop before placing the watch in a small secret compartment. The other items filling the compartment didn't seem special. However each of them were in one way or another unable to be legally sold. So he would keep them here, await the appropriate people to come by, and promptly sell, trade, or otherwise remove any trace of the items being here.

Smiling contentedly to himself, the elf leaned back in his chair and thought over what a good start to the day it had been. Money was flowing, secrets were spilling, and all the while things slowly fell into his hands.
Looking through a small file in his desk, he noticed one thing he had been neglecting .. Jewel appraisal. He was fantastic at any precious metals, and could generally tell you in a heartbeat whether something was the real deal or not. However jewels were not his area of expertise, he would need an outside source .. The reason he had put it off was that it would cost him money. A sigh escaped his lips as he stood up once more and rummaged around before picking out a couple small pouches, each one holding a handful of gems, jewels, and various shiny stones, all neatly assorted. Pocketing them securely, he closed his shop and set off.

Sarah stared at the kid in front of her. The bag clutched tight to his chest as he backed away from her. "You give the bag back, you apologise, and we take you to your parents." She wasn't going to ask. She'd been chasing the kid through the streets for a couple of minutes, he short patience growing shorter by the second.
The kid continued backing up, the space he had left to back up, however, was getting smaller.
"I ent stolen nuffin'! This 'ere purse was found on the ground! 'Sides! it's me mams! You can't 'ave it!" The boys grip tightened and he scowled towards the advancing guard.
Dark eyes rolled as she continued advancing. "Last warning." she said, he face stoic and unchanging. As the boys back hit the wall, she lunged forward, gripping his collar and subsequently yanking the bag from his grip.
"Gimmie that back!" He cried, limbs flailing in protest. "Yer a witch! A hag! Them's things is mine!"
Sarah ignored him and handed him towards one of the awaiting guards who had come over before examining the bag. "Take the kid to the main building, keep him there for a couple hours, if noone collects him, we'll check around see if anyone knows where he's from .. Also take this purse to Mrs Rogers on the fifth street, opposite the bakers. It's hers."
Nodding as the guard saluted and dragged the child off, she walked in the opposite direction. She had a route to partol, and due to the incident she was behind.

Hardcore Kitten

"You're right, but it's always nice to have the finer things every once in a while. Sick tummies would be terrible for the little things, though." Vivian replied, she'd never bought things for anyone besides herself. However since she were to be a guest in someone else's home, it only seemed like the right thing to do and seeing as Malikai and Lacy had to steal to feed them; she'd have been more than helpful. Sure, she hated being stolen from, but when she was able to give to others; she did, even if she didn't trust them. The succubus was on the fence with the neko, not knowing whether trusting a thief would turn in her favor or blow up in her face. It couldn't hurt to try it, right? (Right? I mean he seems like a charming fellow, oh Viv, what will come of you.)

Her ears listened attentively to Malikai's words, making sure to nod at the part about not telling his mother about him being a thief. She could have sworn something changed in his eyes, but it passed too quickly for her to read. At least he had grown up in a home that was good and his parents loved him. The pale woman couldn't say much of the same for her family, they were a bunch of, well monsters. They competed with each other over everything, looks, wealth, sports, murder and so on. It was never the happy-go-lucky family, but why would they be; they stole people's souls so they could continue to live. Her eyes flickered as she watched around them, she didn't want anything happening to her new companion whilst they were out and about. Vivian was almost shocked as she felt a dizziness spin through her body. What was this feeling? Happiness? Did the succubus actually become fond of someone, for real?

Vivian shook it away as they came upon the delicious smelling place. An old man greeting Malikai, causing a small giggle to arise from her throat as he commented on how he'd brought a "lady friend". "Yes, sir. We've just met, but he is such a kind man. I'm sure, Malikai and myself will become great friends." She'd commented back as the old man tsked then continued on as he winked, giving another giggle, but this time it being more child like than the giggle she'd produced toward the ginger neko, "Of course, I'm not sure how much we'll need, though so I'll order for myself and let Malikai order the rest."

She'd tried to figure out what sounded best to her, but all the food smelled so delicious. Soup? No, no, Chicken? Nope, not that either, What really attracted her attention was the smell coming from the pilaf rice and juicy steak with a side of sweet corn. "May I have some rare steak with the sweet corn and rice pilaf?" The woman asked, her mouth watering from the smells of all the food. Vivian's golden eyes were locked on the cooking steak and she had to remind herself she wasn't alone otherwise she'd have been drooling over the food she was going to enjoy when they arrived wherever it was that Malikai and Lacy lived. The horned succubus turned back to Malikai, looking up at him with a smile that'd caused many men to take her home, but she didn't do it purposely this time; just a natural reaction. She leaned lightly against the table, eyes locked on the man's face. Her head tilted to the side a tad, it was normal for her to do that, but the look in her eyes wasn't normal at all. It was like the soul sucking demon was no longer there, just a woman who looked at a man with a genuine look and she hadn't a clue what she was doing.

----

The odd wolf sat down with his parents to eat an early dinner, it was more than quiet and the atmosphere could be cut with a knife. His mother was even quiet today, considering she'd usually tried to start conversations, even if they did end in a gruff noise or a snort from one person or another. The alpha made no eye contact with his son, finishing his meal first and leaving the table; dumping the dishes into the sink and not bothering to wash them. Reese sighed once his father had left the kitchen, eyes remaining closed for a few seconds before they looked at his mother.
"Why do you let him get away with that?"
"You know as well as I do that you do not question the alpha, whether he is just your alpha or your husband, or even your father."
"Don't make excuses for him. He may be an alpha, but he doesn't act like an alpha. Alpha's put you before themselves and not the other way around. When I run this pack, things will be totally different."
A snarl sounded from the doorway, of course his father had been eavesdropping. The man always seemed to do that, no matter what the talk was about.

"You will never be an alpha. You may be of alpha blood, but I will make sure you don't become an alpha"
"You're wrong. I will be the new alpha once you are no longer fit to be the alpha."
Reese didn't let his father talk back, before storming out of his home; slamming the door behind him. The next thing the odd wolf knew, he was being attacked by his own father, again. His bones snapped and cracked under the weight as he transformed into a wolf as well, he wasn't going to fight back, but he was going to make it harder for his father to harm him. The black wolf faced his black and white son, snarling, snapping his jaws and swiping his paws. Reese kept trying to just back out of the way of the power paws and jaws, but a few made their mark. It wasn't long before blood began to seep from the wounds that his father had managed to land, but it wasn't unbearable.
The black and white stripped wolf was huffing as he continued to dodge move after move, staggering when the points did hit their marks. There was no winning this, he was becoming tired from the blood loss and quick movements.

"You've just about lost, son. You know what that means, leave the pack and don't come back unless you plan on winning the next time someone challenges you." His father's voice hissed as he lifted his head in a howl, the rest of the pack; besides his mother and Missa, joined in. It was the howl of the exiled. Reese's own father was exiling him, his odd eyes flickered to the other wolves. Some of their eyes reflected his own, full of grief and others reflected his father's, full of coldness. Reese slowly backed away, defeated and exhausted. His legs began to carry him off of clan territory, as was the custom; blood dripping as he ran.

The Crimson Baronessa

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces