Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Vampire

6,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Millionaire 200
So my girlfriend is extremely boring over text, it is constant compliments and bull s**t like that and it gets extremely annoying very, very quickly. I just started dating her a few days ago and I get people have a honey moon phase, even more so since she had a crush on me before we started dating.

I get it's not a real problem, like oh no my girlfriend thinks I am beautiful, but ******** I just want to have a real conversation for once. What should I do, because I dont want to break up with her, but I don't want a freshman year type relationship anymore.
Why are you expecting convos really through text? the medium is not meant for serious real s**t, its for the casual statements, the wahts up, and lets hang out. If you want something of more substance, that is more suited to calling, fb messager.skype, whatever Im you use.

Then, you should set the tone. Like yes you says you are cute, thats great, but then what happens if you talk? Does she just not reply?
So tell her.

Kitten

You've only been dating a few days. Seriously lighten up.. take the compliments for what they are and give her some time.
Nothing else you be the one to initiate conversation and see where it goes from there.

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
It's only been a few days, it's likely she's still all fluttery from the start of the relationship.

As other's have said, texting isn't really good for conversations. it's more short interactions, heck I only use it to arrange meets ups with my friends.

If you want a more in-depth conversation, try Skype or email or phonecalls or basically anything else. Something where you can have more room to talk. Try bringing up topics of interest, like music or TV shows, once you get the ball rolling you could talk about other things that interest you.
Call her instead? Maybe mention that you want to have a conversation about something in particular.

I used to say to my less talkative friends "So, tell me a story! What happened at work this week?" or something like that.

Maybe she just has to get comfortable opening up/trusting you. She's probably worried about rejection.

Tipsy Vampire

6,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Millionaire 200
I understand text isn't the best means of communication, for sure, but it's even over facebook or skype IM. I will maybe asking her more questions but every time I ask it always ends up in a loop. Maybe I am expecting way too much so soon. Thank you guys, I just needed some people to solidify I am over thinking this since we just started dating.
ilysm life issue gaians

Dapper Ladykiller

Tell her how you feel and that you would like to talk about more serious things, too.

Good luck.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Platonic Lust
So my girlfriend is extremely boring over text, it is constant compliments and bull s**t like that and it gets extremely annoying very, very quickly. I just started dating her a few days ago and I get people have a honey moon phase, even more so since she had a crush on me before we started dating.

I get it's not a real problem, like oh no my girlfriend thinks I am beautiful, but ******** I just want to have a real conversation for once. What should I do, because I dont want to break up with her, but I don't want a freshman year type relationship anymore.

..seriously? Texting conversations is time consuming and annoying, some people don't like it and don't have the patience. Talk to her like a normal human being. Texting is meant to receive quick information, not long discussions. Call her on the phone and talk to her in person.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Platonic Lust
I understand text isn't the best means of communication, for sure, but it's even over facebook or skype IM. I will maybe asking her more questions but every time I ask it always ends up in a loop. Maybe I am expecting way too much so soon. Thank you guys, I just needed some people to solidify I am over thinking this since we just started dating.
ilysm life issue gaians

Stop texting and writing, just talk to her in person or over the phone.

Enthusiast

Platonic Lust

End the relationship. You already have an idea of the type of person you want to be with, and she is not it. Don't waste your time trying to change her or talk to her about something like this, and break up. Find a woman you can have "real" conversations with, and she can find someone who will appreciate her and love the person she is, compliments and all.

Tipsy Vampire

6,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Millionaire 200
The Luminosity
Platonic Lust

End the relationship. You already have an idea of the type of person you want to be with, and she is not it. Don't waste your time trying to change her or talk to her about something like this, and break up. Find a woman you can have "real" conversations with, and she can find someone who will appreciate her and love the person she is, compliments and all.

Thats a little much man. Chill.

Enthusiast

Platonic Lust
Thats a little much man. Chill.

So.... The person who is annoyed by compliments over text from a woman she only dated for a few days, is telling me to chill? Girl, follow your own words and stop stressing over this trivial s**t or end the relationship.

Newbie Noob

Okay. I hate it when I send texts that are a sentence or two long and only get 'k' as a response. Also, if you're in a relationship and don't want to hear about the other's problems, just break up with them. Real talk if you can't deal with something like that such as comforting her, what's the point? If you only want conversations, just make friends and do that with them

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff