Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Nerd

Why do people make threads like this? rofl

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Common Gold Shop items are priced cheaper on the marketplace because hardly anyone ever buys them on the marketplace, and it certainly doesn't hurt that they pretty much sell for peanuts to begin with. There's also an infinite stock of them in the Shops that probably won't vanish any time in the foreseeable future - an item from the Peasant clothing set might be going for 15 gold on the marketplace today, but they're ALWAYS available for about 95 gold in Barton Boutique. Even when the value of Gold wasn't inflating because of Gold Generators, that 80 gold savings wouldn't have really amounted to much to all but the newest, poorest users.

Certain Gold Shop items do tend to inflate a little compared with others, but those are uncommon Shop items, like the paper hats and tattoos you have to craft, or even rare goodies like recolored items in the Gold Shop Grab Bags.

Terpsichord's Princess

Shy Phantom

14,525 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I really like the ingame shops 3nodding I use them everyday heart
I really dislike when I see someone abusing it and selling an item you can purchase in the shops on the marketplace for WAY over the shop buy price burning_eyes it is down right just dirty!

Wistful Dreamer

People are dumb or just don't know how to buy from gold shops - or - they value gold so little now that 34 gg difference doesn't make a bit of difference

it's stupid that people sell for way more or way less than what you can buy for in the shops, but hey, whatever makes you money.

I have intentionally sold a (very) few things wayyy above gold shop price because I know stupid people buy them lol... or noobs...now i feel a little bad. i think it was buck teeth or fairy wings or something like that, something odd that people would look at and think "event item!" or something idk

Transform

sometimes i buy free items from the marketplace instead of clicking on grant links bc gaia is a capitalist hellhole and money is meaningless gaia_kittenstar

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Well most of the market is made up of teens so yeah your gonna find weird pricing xD

Random Nobody 13's Husbando

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Quillarin
hiimbeary
Maybe I just don't understand, but it sounds like you're saying that the 'inappropriate' pricing of gold shop items is what is killing the MP.
You hit the nail on the head. It all rolls around to, why would some one sell an item for 66 gg when they can just sell it to a store for 100gg and inversely why would some one buy an item for 300gg when they could buy it for 200 at the shops. It's what causes the transaction numbers to drop off like they have.
I can't speak for selling an item for less then sell back on the MP. But if I see a gold shop item I want in the MP that's a little more then store price I'll likely buy it from the MP because I'd rather my gold go to another user then a shop. I'm not gonna pay double or more. The most I'd over pay is 100 to a few thousand gold, depending on original store price. So like if it's store price is 100 I'd pay 125g tops. If its store price is 45k I'd go 50k at the highest. Though when it comes to gold shop items they're prices are so low that over paying by a little isn't going to hurt my gold count. Excluding stuff from Loyal's.

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The reason I sell items from the gold shops is because I don't want them anymore and I would rather someone buy them for a cheaper price in the MP, rather then buying from the shops. At that same time, it gives me a bit of advertisement for low prices and they could look at my items and buy items that MATTER.

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,175 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Cake Mage of Sheep
Quillarin
hiimbeary
Maybe I just don't understand, but it sounds like you're saying that the 'inappropriate' pricing of gold shop items is what is killing the MP.
You hit the nail on the head. It all rolls around to, why would some one sell an item for 66 gg when they can just sell it to a store for 100gg and inversely why would some one buy an item for 300gg when they could buy it for 200 at the shops. It's what causes the transaction numbers to drop off like they have.

I can't speak for selling an item for less then sell back on the MP. But if I see a gold shop item I want in the MP that's a little more then store price I'll likely buy it from the MP because I'd rather my gold go to another user then a shop. I'm not gonna pay double or more. The most I'd over pay is 100 to a few thousand gold, depending on original store price. So like if it's store price is 100 I'd pay 125g tops. If its store price is 45k I'd go 50k at the highest. Though when it comes to gold shop items they're prices are so low that over paying by a little isn't going to hurt my gold count. Excluding stuff from Loyal's.

Bubblehead0987654321
The reason I sell items from the gold shops is because I don't want them anymore and I would rather someone buy them for a cheaper price in the MP, rather then buying from the shops. At that same time, it gives me a bit of advertisement for low prices and they could look at my items and buy items that MATTER.

You two bring up an interesting point I hadn't thought about. Though the ridiculously over priced stuff is still bizarre preferring the items go to a person rather than obsessively get destroyed by going back into the computer is a noble gesture. I'll concede that.

Random Nobody 13's Husbando

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Quillarin
I don't sell gold story items for higher then store price. I'll sell back to the shops if the lowest is less then 50%. It's when I'm buying stuff for me that I'll pay more then the store price. I'd rather a user get my gold then an NPC. Gold shop items can be made simply buy going and buying from the shops, but gold can only be earned. Unless you're willing to spend gaia cash on gold gens.

Demigod

13,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Advent Attendee 50
I didn't know people even cared about gold shops these days.

Sparkly Waffles

UNSUB
I don't think real sellers who truly influence the economy bother with gold shop items anyway. Waste of time to worry about peanuts. Even if Gaia removes all gold shop items from the MP, you will see the exact same numbers.

agreed--- the weirdnes comes from the non cash shop items... im so confused. some of my ' average' items are crazy expensive now.

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
I would be surprised if gold sold items even accounted for 1% of the gold moving around the economy. I would expect it to be much less than that.

DC gives out 500k+ in some instances.

So if Im trolling mp and I am trying on some items there and its a 1500g hat, and I want it, but its listed at 1750g, I will often just buy it anyway because if someone is trying to profit 250g in this economy they need it much more than I do.

On the other scale I wouldnt mind selling 10k store items for 2k, because either someone poor enough to care about resale profit, or someone too poor to play DC/BG/fish/etc and get that kind of gold will benifit more than me as well.

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

gold shop items being sold for under what they can be sold back to, or ppl buying gold shop items for over what they can be found for in stores (aside from ones like loyal) are just people who are paying the stupid tax

and the stupid tax is something i dun really care about

either that, or people selling low just are trying to be nice, which does happen ;p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff