Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Member

1,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"There are rumors that there has been some tension on WWE’s main roster talent after the recent NXT Takeover event because of how successful the event was, among other issues. Apparently the talents were not the only ones feeling that way.

Sources have described Vince McMahon as being “very grumpy” lately and it’s said that he does not like the perception that NXT is putting on better shows than the main roster is.

This has apparently resulted in a weird situation where Vince is down on on NXT wrestlers before they even get called up. The whole idea behind NXT is that they get talents ready for the main roster. Vince is said to be very distainful of NXT’s success and reportedly feels that some of the NXT stars are overrated. Vince's lack of faith with NXT talent may explain why the likes of Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, and Charlotte are stuck in developmental for the time being.

Please take this strictly as a RUMOR for now."
Credit: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/vince-mcmahon-reportedly-not-high-on-nxt

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Well maybe if he didn't water down his product with his bullshit, maybe it would be a step up.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Ah, classic Vince. Most people would see someone doing better than them and say "hey, what can I do to make my product better..." But not Vince...he says "they're doing better than me? .....They must be punished..."

O.G. Lunatic

vince has the coolest job in the world and he sucks ******** s**t at it now. he needs to walk away.
Rumblestiltskin
Ah, classic Vince. Most people would see someone doing better than them and say "hey, what can I do to make my product better..." But not Vince...he says "they're doing better than me? .....They must be punished..."

Vince...man, we knew he was out of touch, but this out of touch?

Oh, it does explain why The Ascension got ripped to shreds the second time they got on RAW. Nice going, making them get pathetic heat by insulting long dead tag teams AND having the commentary on both sides bury them.
[Salieri]
vince has the coolest job in the world and he sucks ******** s**t at it now. he needs to walk away.

I sort of agree, tbh. NXT is great and it's one of his products, so why hate on it?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
lilhypa1
[Salieri]

I sort of agree, tbh. NXT is great and it's one of his products, so why hate on it?

Because unlike the rest of the WWE product (RAW, SD, the PPVs), Vince doesn't actually do anything with NXT. From what I understand, it's mostly HHH's project, and the talent in NXT are allowed more freedoms than the main roster. The main roster, on the other hand, has to deal with Vince's overcontrolling nature, the incompetence of the writers (most of whom have no understanding of what wrestling is), the egos of management, and having plans change at a moment's notice...which isn't exaggeration. Several episodes of RAW have the scripts rewritten WHILE THE SHOW IS GOING ON...and that's largely due to Vince.

All this really shows just how out of touch Vince is with wrestling fans. He spends so much time picking apart his own show just to have it s**t on by wrestling fans, while you've got NXT getting a lot of praise just for being about the one thing most of the guys on the show were making a decent living at before coming to the WWE: wrestling.
[Salieri]
Pls.......

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
It's like when the WCW wrestlers came over and he jobbed them all out during the Invasion storyline even though he owned WCW and the wrestlers contracts and had won the war! The dude is just crazy and only likes the things that he's created! Vince hasn't created NXT, so he hates it!

Divine Elder

37,040 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
Hard for the owner to like NXT when NXT has proven to be superior over the main roster..

Dapper Member

Raw and Smackdown are subjected to sponsors and you know all of that corporate jazz, while it's no excuse. NXT doesn't have that, and if it 'were' subjected to corporate sponsors and trying to cram all they could with the amount of time they're giving then it'd be as bad as Raw and SD as well.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kujaku000
Raw and Smackdown are subjected to sponsors and you know all of that corporate jazz, while it's no excuse. NXT doesn't have that, and if it 'were' subjected to corporate sponsors and trying to cram all they could with the amount of time they're giving then it'd be as bad as Raw and SD as well.

...It's not the sponsors who have watered down RAW and SD to being unwatchable...that fault is solely on the creative team and Vince. The sponsors don't really have much to do with the on air product, other than Vince trying to keep the product more family friendly to appease the sponsors. NXT does have less restrictions on their talent, yes, but that has nothing to do with sponsors...it's because Vince isn't around micromanaging the s**t out of everything.

Dapper Member

Rumblestiltskin
Kujaku000

...It's not the sponsors who have watered down RAW and SD to being unwatchable...that fault is solely on the creative team and Vince. The sponsors don't really have much to do with the on air product, other than Vince trying to keep the product more family friendly to appease the sponsors. NXT does have less restrictions on their talent, yes, but that has nothing to do with sponsors...it's because Vince isn't around micromanaging the s**t out of everything.

If someone is sponsoring your company, and they go 'We like this guy, more of him' they're going to get more time. Sponsors love Cena, because he sells (merchandise). Hence why he's got his own clothing line with K-mart, Fruity Pebble covers and other stupid s**t.
I'm not denying that the product is watered down, but I don't see commercial exerts in NXT going 'WWE: NXT sponsored by Skittles! Taste the Rainbow' or 'Sponsored by Power Strikers'. 'Sponsored by Diet Mt. Dew, where we're going to have bottles sitting next to our announcers knowing they won't drink it because it tastes so bad it gives Jerry Lawler heart attacks but we're still being sponsored by them because money'

Because they don't 'need' sponsors to appease.

I wouldn't say that Raw/SD is unwatchable, (TNA is though) the vast majority of it is. The 'real' main problem is the 20 minute promos at the start, the three hours to fill (for Raw) and the fact that SD is taped days before where anyone can go 'I don't want to see this, I know what's happening when it should be live.
Though yes, hiring hollywood producers and people who've worked on soap operas and s**t like that rather than people that know wrestling is a horrible alternative and is what washes the product down.

Do I think Vince needs to cool it with the micromanaging? Absolutely
Do I think he needs to have people challenge him in the creative department? Absolutely
However from a business point of view, if you own a company. You want it to thrive and succeed. While we might not like it, he's doing just that.
The product may be watered down, but it is thriving and succeeding gaining a new audience We might not like it, but we do have the alternatives with NXT, NJPW, Lucha Underground, ROW, etc

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kujaku000
If someone is sponsoring your company, and they go 'We like this guy, more of him'

They don't....the sponsors the WWE has don't really pay any attention to the actual product, nor do they care what WWE does with their talent. The only thing the sponsors do with the talent is offer them commercial roles...that's pretty much it. They have no say over the product we see...and I doubt that would ever be the case as long as Vince is alive.

Quote:
they're going to get more time. Sponsors love Cena, because he sells (merchandise). Hence why he's got his own clothing line with K-mart, Fruity Pebble covers and other stupid s**t.

I suggest you go listen to the CM Punk interview with Colt Cabana...you'll get a better understanding for why you're completely wrong in what the sponsors do. In fact, I'll save you a bit of time and explain it for you: the sponsors call up and ask to borrow someone on the roster. If that person is someone the WWE wants to push (Cena), they'll let the company borrow him. If it's not someone the WWE wants to push (almost anyone else), they'll say "oh no no no...you don't want to use him...use this other guy instead..."

Quote:
I'm not denying that the product is watered down, but I don't see commercial exerts in NXT going 'WWE: NXT sponsored by Skittles! Taste the Rainbow' or 'Sponsored by Power Strikers'. 'Sponsored by Diet Mt. Dew, where we're going to have bottles sitting next to our announcers knowing they won't drink it because it tastes so bad it gives Jerry Lawler heart attacks but we're still being sponsored by them because money'

Because they don't 'need' sponsors to appease.

....No, it's because that bit of air time isn't profitable to either the WWE or the company that's giving sponsorship. I mean...you do realize that the WWE gets money for doing that, right? No company is going to pay that much money for advertisement on a third tier show (in terms of ratings) like NXT. RAW, on the other hand, still gets at least a million viewers a week, so companies are more willing to pay the money for that kind of advertising. But even then, they have nothing to do with the product outside of purchasing publicity.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that Raw/SD is unwatchable, (TNA is though) the vast majority of it is. The 'real' main problem is the 20 minute promos at the start, the three hours to fill (for Raw) and the fact that SD is taped days before where anyone can go 'I don't want to see this, I know what's happening when it should be live.
Though yes, hiring hollywood producers and people who've worked on soap operas and s**t like that rather than people that know wrestling is a horrible alternative and is what washes the product down.

That's not all that's wrong with product. Hell, the stuff that make it practically unwatchable are the repetitive line ups for matches, the piss poor booking, the lack of development for new talent, awful storylines, awful promos, a complete lack of continuity, a complete lack of common sense, deciding who to push based on neopotism, deciding to punish talent due to fragile egos....I could keep going, but I think that's enough of a start.

Quote:
Do I think Vince needs to cool it with the micromanaging? Absolutely
Do I think he needs to have people challenge him in the creative department? Absolutely
However from a business point of view, if you own a company. You want it to thrive and succeed. While we might not like it, he's doing just that. The product may be watered down, but it is thriving and succeeding gaining a new audience

Except it's not. He killed one of the major money makers for his company (PPV revenue) by starting his own network...and people just aren't buying it. He isn't even close to the numbers he wanted to be at for his first goal, let alone now.

Quote:
We might not like it, but we do have the alternatives with NXT, NJPW, Lucha Underground, ROW, etc

I think you meant ROH there, but whatever...first off, I wouldn't consider NXT an "alternative." Sure, it's more entertaining (which, again, is mostly due to the fact that Vince doesn't have his hands in it- which is why he hates it), but it's still part of the WWE. Secondly, while there are plenty of wrestling companies out there to follow (I personally recommend PWG, as it really is the best wrestling on the planet), to be a "true" alternative, there are requirements that a company would have to meet, and none of them meet those requirements...mostly cause the first requirement is having a big financial backing, enough to get weekly TV time on a national level. The only company that's had anything close to that is TNA, and the reason they didn't work out was due to a complete lack of publicity combined with a completely terrible management and creative departments...which was the only thing TNA actually COULD compete with WWE about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff