Fight Club 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
Damned 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
Snuff 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 4 ]
Invisible Monsters 0.18518518518519 18.5% [ 5 ]
Rant 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
Other (Comment below) 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 >

Anyone here a fan of Chuck Palahniuk? Chuck is the author of a lot of books such as Fight Club (which was turned into a movie starring Brad Pitt & Edward Norton, and is also being continued in the form of a graphic novel at the moment), Haunted, Rant, Damned, Invisible Monsters, Snuff and etc.

I've only read Rant, Haunted, and a little bit of Damned. How about you guys? What is/ are your favorite book/s of his?

Hot Duck

I really enjoyed Invisible Monsters. I've never read a book quite like it. There were lots of twists, and it had a real sort of over-dramatic, heightened feel to it. A little surreal. Thinking about re-reading it.
Chalcolithic
I really enjoyed Invisible Monsters. I've never read a book quite like it. There were lots of twists, and it had a real sort of over-dramatic, heightened feel to it. A little surreal. Thinking about re-reading it.

That's cool. I've never read Invisible Monsters before but have always wanted to. Out of a scale of 1/5 how much would you rate it? Lol

Hot Duck

xxgrrl
Chalcolithic

That's cool. I've never read Invisible Monsters before but have always wanted to. Out of a scale of 1/5 how much would you rate it? Lol
I'd give it a solid 4/5
I read Pygmy recently, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as his other stuff. I read a lot of his short stories that are featured in playboy and have been added in haunted. He has a lot of shock factor in his stories which I personallly like about him. I'm trying to read more of his stuff.

Shy Spirit

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I've read Fight Club, Diary, and Lullaby, and I've just started to read Haunted. His writing style draws me in.
TheGoodSoldierMmhett
I read Pygmy recently, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as his other stuff. I read a lot of his short stories that are featured in playboy and have been added in haunted. He has a lot of shock factor in his stories which I personallly like about him. I'm trying to read more of his stuff.

That is true, he does incorporate shock factor in his stories. Saint Gut Free was particularly traumatizing lol. I just don't enjoy calamari like I used to now lol
sun_spirit
I've read Fight Club, Diary, and Lullaby, and I've just started to read Haunted. His writing style draws me in.

How are you finding Haunted so far? It's one of my faves next to Rant, so far.
Also, not necessarily a spoiler though, but the last chapter of the book is connected to the nightmare box wink
xxgrrl
TheGoodSoldierMmhett

That is true, he does incorporate shock factor in his stories. Saint Gut Free was particularly traumatizing lol. I just don't enjoy calamari like I used to now lol

Guts disturbed me greatly gonk
I knew what was going to happen, but I couldn't stop reading. It stayed with me for a couple days.
TheGoodSoldierMmhett
xxgrrl
TheGoodSoldierMmhett

I knew what was going to happen, but I couldn't stop reading. It stayed with me for a couple days.

Lol lol I've read that some people even faint hearing the story whenever Chuck goes ahead and reads it during his book tours. Can you imagine dramallama
xxgrrl
TheGoodSoldierMmhett
xxgrrl
TheGoodSoldierMmhett

Lol lol I've read that some people even faint hearing the story whenever Chuck goes ahead and reads it during his book tours. Can you imagine dramallama

I heard that too, but I can't imagine someone with that weak of a stomach to faint.. The only reason I can come up with is they acually hold their breathe when the story tells them to. I couldnt hold my breathe that long, but I tried XD

Original Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I've read Fight Club and Snuff. I laughed out loud multiple times while reading Snuff.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I read his stuff awhile ago. I read haunted, fight ckub and choke. Im making my husband read choke.
I've been meaning to read more of his stuff, so far I've only read Haunted and I loved it!

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
Snuff and Invisible Monsters are on my to-read list.
So far I've read Haunted, Fight Club, Choke, Lullaby and Survivor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff