Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I know a lot of people look forward to the unveiling of sealed letters every month, but honestly I feel they're not really that special anymore. They're a remnant of a time when they were the only item on the site that could be bought with real cash. People looked forward to them because they were typically of a higher quality than store items and were collectible, supposedly never to be released again. Nowadays, with a new RIG every couple of weeks and limited quantity items popping up every couple of days; they're really just not that special. They've kind of lost their shine. I used to watch religiously for the next DI/MC, and now I've completely lost track.

Do you guys feel the same way? Or do you still think that MCs have their place just because of tradition?

Rare

Didn't MCs become not special as soon as the cash shop was created
I never got MC's but I don't feel they're as special as they used to be before. The Limited Quantity items seem to be the biggest things now.

Toxic Otaku

i dont know any mcs after 2006 lol

Special Snowflake

Well, I'd have to sit on the side of "they're just here out of tradition," they're typically now one of the cheaper items from the cash shop... and actually not just cheaper in GC terms, but also gold terms. They tend to be poor value for GC spent.... and aren't as desirable in comparison to RIG items/ limiteds....

All in all, they seem a bit of a hold over.

I still look forward to when they come out, but admittedly I don't get super excited about it anymore. It's a great chance for animals to get a guaranteed higher quality item each month though. It's nice to still have MCs.

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
To me MCs are now just being made out of tradition. But it's nice that Gaia is still creating them since it's fun guessing what the items are.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
they're great for the price, 250gc for an item that's on par with items that usually rack up to 499, 599 or 699 gc is a good deal
while they may not garner the awe and speculation and bated breath they once did, with the items not holding special precedence like the kiki and coco kitties and the different swords and pets that once were held within, they still give peeps something to look forward to and they're usually pretty good items
plus, the trend of including item-adjusting mods in the mc's have made them even better; such as removing the sleeves and turns pants into shorts etc.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
They're a tradition and I think 2014 has actually been the best year of MCs ever.
They're good quality items with a low price tag and I hope gaia doesn't ever get rid of them.
At least we can always expect ONE masculine item from them now. That's more than we can say about the daily updates.
Actually, I really like 2014's MCs. I think the quality has been good and there are often face/body mods in them along with some unique and interesting outfits, so I'm still pretty interested in seeing each month's release and I think it's a decent value. It helps that the MP sort of gets flooded with them right when they come out, so it's usually possible to grab one at a nice price. c:

Anxious Snowflake

27,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cool Cat 500
I think that the Animal items made them more special again.

Special Snowflake

Ven Loki Loraine

At least we can always expect ONE masculine item from them now. That's more than we can say about the daily updates.
I hadn't considered it, but now you mention it, yes actually it's a really good thing that we at least get one gender neutral/male item per month guaranteed!

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Sand Dancer Shaka
Ven Loki Loraine

I hadn't considered it, but now you mention it, yes actually it's a really good thing that we at least get one gender neutral/male item per month guaranteed!
If all else is cutesy, frilly and pink, we have one last resort... xd

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
I still appreciate the MCs. After all, they tend to be very nice items and are very cheap compared to other items in the cash shop. What's not to love? Buuuut I think they actually lost a lot of their magic by the time they changed their names from Donation items to Monthly Collectibles.

Whatever. They are still pretty dang cool. Especially when you compare them to other cash shop items going for 7 or 8 dollars a pop.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Ven Loki Loraine
Sand Dancer Shaka
Ven Loki Loraine

well that and MC's can be recolored by users not just gaia's whim so we can make them better if needed 3nodding

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Kid Jak
Ven Loki Loraine
Sand Dancer Shaka
Ven Loki Loraine

well that and MC's can be recolored by users not just gaia's whim so we can make them better if needed 3nodding
Well yeah, for those few users who can afford the ticket items...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff