Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
There is a Forest trapped by a ring of mountains with smooth cliffs of marble, there is no escape from this land without help from outside, and so it has become tradition that surrounding lands throw condemned criminals, and exiles {guilty or otherwise} from these cliffs into the forest below, doomed to fight the beasts and harsh environment of the cursed forest, in the very heart of these woods lies a temple more ancient then even the mountains surrounding it, no one knows what's inside of it, only that an evil presence deep within it.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

I know why the caged bird sings, ah me,
                When his wing is bruised and his bosom sore,
                When he beats his bars and would be free;

It is not a carol of joy or glee,x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xנαcqυєℓιηє

But a prayer that he sends from his heart's deep core,
But a plea, that upward to Heaven he flings –
I know why the caged bird sings.
User Image
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x

For a supposedly cursed forest, it wasn't as scary as she had thought when she was first thrown in here...however long ago. Jacqueline had attempted to keep track the first few weeks but after she had really given it some thought, and realized that there was literally no way for her to scale the mountains, she had settled down. It certainly wasn't like the grand inns she used to sleep in on a weekly basis, and the inns had a significantly less amount of beasts trying to kill her, unless you counted the bounty hunters who recognized her. Of course, she disposed of the hunters just as easily as the forest's creatures, but then she had to deal with all the commotion of people screaming and attempting to get help from the city's guards and blah, blah...Here, it was kill, slice, roast, eat. Clean, much quieter, and she got to eat in the process.

Currently, under the bright sun - a rare, but welcome occurrence - Jacqueline had her feet sloshing about lazily in one of the small lakes scattered about the area, leaning back with her hands on the smooth marble chunk she had taken a seat on. She assumed the chunk had come from the mountain range that kept them trapped here and somehow landed in the lake, though she didn't know how, because she wasn't exactly close to the barrier. Regardless of how it got there, she found it was the perfect place to sun bathe (when the sun decided to show), and the water kept monsters from approaching her. At least they were smart enough to realize water would slow them down and probably cause them to lose a fight, but little did they know she could kill them anywhere.
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x
User Image

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Eric Mathews
User ImageHe did it! No, it wasn't me! Execute him! Didn't anyone hear me? I didn't kill that woman! I hereby find you guilty of murder, and sentence you to permanent exile in the cursed forest. Why doesn't anyone believe me? I DIDN'T KILL HER!

The trial had been over a week ago, and yet Eric still couldn't remove it from his head. Eric had been a knight in a large city's guard, one of the best. It was true that he had been cursed by a spiteful sorceress a few years ago; but he never let it, or anything else for that matter, slow him down. He had fought alongside the guards for years, every one of them knew that Eric was a good man, but when he needed them most... they abandoned him. Now he was exiled, forced to fight nearly mindless beasts to avoid his own death. There was no honor in this kind of combat, no higher purpose, just survival and continued existence. He may have been sentenced to Exile, but the edge of the cliff had become his gallows, for it was there that his life ended.

As the fallen knight clunked along, searching for some purpose in this hell of wood and leaves, he came to a lake where the sun shined through a large break in the canopy. A woman was lying on a slab of marble in the middle of the lake, soaking up the rare rays of light. If she were awake she'd probably have heard the armored man coming. He stopped at the edge of the lake and sat down to polish and sharpen his sword. Hopefully she was peaceful, if not, she wouldn't be the first person to fall to Eric's blade in this god forsaken place.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Finalis stood, silently watching the two from behind the treeline. A heavy sigh escaped him. New arrivals always seemed to stir up feelings of unrest. How long had it been since his banishment? He'd stopped counting after about three hundred years. The memories resurfacing...

The thought of him arguing with the god who created him, the engagement heating until, in a shockingly swift decision, his god had banished the angel to the realm below for his defiance.

Finalis snapped back to reality, pounding his fist against the tree he leaned against. He almost couldn't believe the god he served was so ironclad on his rules that he'd forbid his agents, the angels of his creation, to use their own sense of judgement when faced with a dilemma of morals. He looked to his wings, constantly reminded of the shame forced upon him by their dingy black coloring. His eyes found their way back to the newcomers.

"I suppose I shall continue to observe them, for the time being... Mortals do have such a difficult time surviving here."
On a tree branch high up was sitting Tallia she was taking note to try and see if these people are dangerous or not and whether she should avoid them.

I wounder if these people are nice, or would they kill me on sight? Well I could always try to go up to them, but what if they are stronger that I am? And faster? Or are working together to capture or kill me? AUGGGGG! What am I thinking?! Not every thing is about me. They could be enemies with each other. Come on, what on earth am I thinking!? Does this place really start making you think like a criminal after a year and a half? I hate it here!!. She was very deep in this thought when something snapped her out of it.

*CRACK* The branch she was sitting on broke and she started to fall.

"Oh no!"

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ezreal stood on the precipice of the smooth marble incline and stared off into the distance. With a ninety degree angle like that there was really no way someone could climb out, though it didn't appear there was any other sort of magical barrier, at least from the outside. Extensive testing had proved that there was nothing to worry about, so the archaeologist and intrepid adventurer turned back to the team at the mechanism behind him. "Alright team! Once I'm in I'll make my way to that supposedly evil temple, I have one month to get there, get what I can, and get back, if I'm not back after that, I've probably been eaten hahah!"

"Please don't talk like that boss, there's convicts and such down there too, don't get killed please?" One of the workers expressed his concerns, while Ezreal grabbed the rope hanging off the machine, latched it to a belt, and swung over the edge.

"AS IIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFF!!!!" was his only response as he rappelled down the marble surface.

The worker at the top slapped his face in despair, "Every beast and burglar in the forest will hear him coming...my Gods...just let my boss get back so I can get paid..."

Ezreal landed without trouble at the base of the cliff and unlatched the rope from his belt. It seemed oddly dark so close to the wall despite the sun that was likely reaching the sections further out. The explorer adjusted the goggles on his head and set off at a fair trot. It wasn't long before his travels were interrupted by a loud snap and someone shouting oh no! A young girl was falling from a tree branch, ever the gentleman Ezreal leaped into action. He activated the magic within the gauntlet he had "rescued" from a previous "excavation", with a thought he was able to focus his will and leap forward through space and appear just below the toppling girl in time to catch her heroically.

"Hey there little lady, what would a fine young thing like you be doing in a place like this?"

((lol.))

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Eric Mathews
User ImageFrom the peaceful quiet of the slow moving lake breeze, came a loud crack and a shout from behind him. Danger! His instincts, honed from years of blood soaked combat, reacted faster than his mind did. The first thing Eric had learned from his time spent as a knight was that when in hostile territory, never, EVER, let your guard down. Attack first, and ask questions if they survive. Intentions were inconsequential, someone or something had snuck up on him in a place where nine out of ten things that moved would sooner kill you than listen to you. It was in part his own fault for letting someone get as close as they did, he had let the moment of calm relax him far too much.

It took less than a second for Eric to drop his cloth and sharpening stone, grab his sword and spin around to assault the would be assassin. As it turned out there were two assailants, a man and a young woman. They looked harmless enough, but Eric had already been attacked by less threatening opponents. These two would meet their end here.

With a swing of his great sword and his battle cry, "You'll not take me without a fight, HAVE AT THEE!" Eric attacked!
"Oh my marble wall please don't kill me." Tallia said in horror "Either of you please! I don't want to fight!" Without realizing it she had set of her curse and there was a spark not very large one it wouldn't have mattered, had they not been standing a freaking forest, but a wall of fire started between these two men. "Oh I said I didn't want to fight." Quickly she calmed down and the wall of fire turned very small more like a bonfire.

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150

Ezreal tensed as a challenging cry rang through the air and had been prepared to fight until a wall of flame erupted in front of them. He pressed his lips together in a rather nonplussed manner and took a slight step backward. "Aaaaand I'm gonna put you down now." He gently placed the girl on the ground and put his hands up as he took one more step backward. So what's Sir Armor over there gonna do next? I'm not sure I wanna tangle with a guy in full plate armor...after only minutes of being in this deathpit of a forest...when am I gonna learn...

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Eric Mathews
User ImageEric didn't falter when the wall of flame burst forth in front of him, he had faced far more powerful magic in the past, though this was far from the weakest. His armor was no ordinary steel, it had carried him through countless battles and suffered twice as many wounds as he had. Eric had worn it so often it was almost a second skin to him, and it had more value to him than anyone could know. As such, he had sought the power of the royal magician; to have powerful protective wards imbued into it. This level of fire magic was of little threat to Eric.

He leaped through the wall of fire without hesitation or slowing down, it was more powerful than Eric had first anticipated but it didn't cause any form of significant damage. Eric's two targets had split up, the man seemed to be surrendering, but false surrender was the oldest trick in the book of thieves and assassins. And yet, he seemed honestly submissive... Eric raised his sword and brought it down aiming to split the blond man's head. He stopped less than an inch from his target's head. Eric had seen many battles; many foes, they came in every shape and size, however he had never attacked anyone he was less than completely convinced was his enemy: His honor wouldn't allow him to risk the life of an innocent.

Eric stood down, and sheathed his sword.
"I apologize for my unprovoked attack, this place has clouded my mind with doubt and fear. You seem like a good spirited man, have you also been falsely accused, and damned to survive in this accursed place?"
"Now that is out of the way. How 'bout we all just sit down at this nice bonfire I just accidentally made, and talk this out like actual human beings." She said this is a calm relaxed face. She went on to say with a death glare at both of them "Or are we going to do this like savages and I burn you both to a crisp." she said in an unwavering voice, "I have had a very stressful day. Now do we talk or do you burn, ... just so you know I do in fact have my fire under control." she then proceeded to sit down
and started writing in her little book of hers.
"Can I interest any of you in an apple?"

About 15 feet away, appearing from seemingly nowhere, stood a man. His messy, brown hair ran down to his shoulders, and he had a thick beard to match. Wearing his ratty burlap robe, reminiscent of a friar, and carrying a bushel of apples in his arms, he approached the trio of people on the shoreline.

"...Name's Vincent."

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150

Ezreal had time to move, time to react, but he'd locked up, not even fight or flight would kick in. He saw as if in slow motion the blade of the knight swinging down toward his skull and in a different timeline it had cleaved through him. Luckily enough in this one it stopped but a hairs breadth away and he got to continue living. He flinched just slightly as the sword stopped his eyes closed tight and his head turned ever so slightly away from what had seemed like inevitable doom. As the knight backed off and the young girl stopped to write something down Ezreal continued to stand with his hands up. After a second he took adeep breath, patted his body down to assure himself he hadn't died, and sat down.

"Wrongly accused? Nah. I'm here to find an evil temple and "excavate" some supposedly cursed orbs and anything else of power I can find." He considered only briefly telling them he had a team waiting to pull him up, but decided against it. Most people were here for a reason, and he didn't need hangers on trying to use him to escape their prison. But if he could use them to get closer to the temple...that was another story.

"Name's Ezreal, pretty famous explorer, kind of a prodigy really, maybe you've heard of me?" He grinned and placed a hand under his chin in a dashing and cocksure fashion.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

I know why the caged bird sings, ah me,
                When his wing is bruised and his bosom sore,
                When he beats his bars and would be free;

It is not a carol of joy or glee,x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xנαcqυєℓιηє

But a prayer that he sends from his heart's deep core,
But a plea, that upward to Heaven he flings –
I know why the caged bird sings.
User Image
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x

And here she thought she would have a nice afternoon, free of fighting.

Jacqueline narrowed her eyes at the scene on shore, taking note of the group and the fire erupting out of nowhere. It had been a while since she'd seen so many people together for longer than thirty seconds since they usually just killed each other and the last one standing looted the bodies. As she contemplated going over there to join in on the fun, she noticed a rather rugged looking man approach them with fruit. Was there a party she wasn't made aware of today?
                                      x
                                      x
                                      x
User Image

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Eric Mathews
User Image"An explorer, eh? Well you've explored yourself into a graveyard of thieves, murderers and other horrible criminals. None of which can leave, and almost all of them are unhappy about it. If escape were as simple as climbing a smooth marble cliff, don't you think that someone would have found a way out at one point or another?" Eric said sitting down at the campfire, and completely ignoring the man with the apples, Vincent he had called himself, "Marble isn't the hardest stone in the world, given enough time, one could chip out a rough ladder and climb out. I attempted such a feat, but the top of the wall is guarded by some force of magic stronger than I have ever encountered. It brushed aside the magic inside my armor as if it were nothing. I'm no expert, but even I could tell that that barrier is old magic, very old."

Eric stared into the flames of the bonfire, remembering the events that led up to his imprisonment in this purgatory of an existence; painful memories, physically yes, but emotionally more. The pain of friends and allies alike abandoning him, the suffering he bared with the loss of purpose in his life, almost radiated off of him. The man in the armor was so still; had he not been moving and speaking only moments before, anyone could have mistaken him for a statue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff