Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/gaiaonline.com

This right here has testimonials of user for this once beloved site.

People are telling everyone they can to not come here. I found more then just that site telling others not to come.

In a few day watch you have lost 200 users. Two hundred. Thats a lot.

More people are leaving its happening everyday. This is my last post in the suggestion
And feed back area. With this known gaia wont last long. I cant stress this enough.

Gaia your losing your

Integrity
Honesty
Honor.
Your losing your community.

Fix the site give the users what they want.

Im done posting here.
I asked many of my old friends if they would come back to gaia with me and they said no the site is dead and im starting to believ them.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah, the problem is they don't care. So there's that.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
200 data hogs who do nothing but hog resources on the website and don't give any monetary payment to Gaia leaving? Whoop dee doo? Now the top 20 contributors to the sites fat cash salary leaving, thats some big s**t news that Gaia's going to pull all the stops to prevent.

Profitable Prophet

dreamsk
200 data hogs who do nothing but hog resources on the website and don't give any monetary payment to Gaia leaving? Whoop dee doo? Now the top 20 contributors to the sites fat cash salary leaving, thats some big s**t news that Gaia's going to pull all the stops to prevent.
yet you fail to grasp the point thats in a few days. Not a week. Not two weeks not a month. Now graph a week and a month then a year. Gaia is dead.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Just because people are bad mouthing something it doesn't make it true, Gaia seems pretty alive to me. Whose to say all those weren't bots or people leaving because of real life issues and nothing to do with the site.
KookieBreed
Gaia is dead.

Hm... when was the first time I heard that? Some time around '09? Or was it '10? Maybe earlier? If we went by people telling us Gaia is dying/dead, Gaia would have been dead long, loooong ago.

Let's make this clear. Gaia has it's own metrics on user engagement, and metrics from other sites won't be useful compared to those. Trying to show Gaia metrics that are obviously inferior (and naturally biased) to their own is kinda pointless.

Grumpy Codger

26,875 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Sooo.... I looked at your link, OP. They rate the site well on numbers. Gaia, according to the numbers they list seems to be healthy and active. The three negative comments are dated ten months, one year and two years old. Three comments in two years, with no recent comments. So, seems to me to not be a huge amount of people going to that site to b***h about Gaia.

But hey, if you want to wander off and hold a funeral for Gaia, that's your choice. There's plenty of places out there to play, I hope you find one you can enjoy.

Perfect Saint

Dlin
Sooo.... I looked at your link, OP. They rate the site well on numbers. Gaia, according to the numbers they list seems to be healthy and active. The three negative comments are dated ten months, one year and two years old. Three comments in two years, with no recent comments. So, seems to me to not be a huge amount of people going to that site to b***h about Gaia.

But hey, if you want to wander off and hold a funeral for Gaia, that's your choice. There's plenty of places out there to play, I hope you find one you can enjoy.
You're saying the site that the OP linked was the one that's actually dead...or at least the info on Gaia?

Grumpy Codger

26,875 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Myrielle
Dlin

You're saying the site that the OP linked was the one that's actually dead...or at least the info on Gaia?

The site he posted the link to is one of those web rating sites which uses the Alexa site number rating systems. It was basically giving Gaia an 8 out of 10 for site size, traffic numbers and income generation. While it showed that traffic over all is down from several years ago, it's also leveled out. My personal theory there is that there is less botting, currently, so at least some of the the drop in "traffic" can be attributed to that as well as user unhappiness with current changes in Gaia's economic structure. (Since you can buy gold directly from Gaia there is much less incentive to buy it from botters.) The comments he was making a big deal out of were the three very old comments at the bottom of the page.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
KookieBreed
dreamsk
yet you fail to grasp the point thats in a few days. Not a week. Not two weeks not a month. Now graph a week and a month then a year. Gaia is dead.
Gaia wont die unless the people who actually support the site with cash leave.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
dreamsk
KookieBreed
dreamsk
Gaia wont die unless the people who actually support the site with cash leave.

" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Actually, they don't even have to go as far as leaving. If more and more people stopped buying Gaia Cash in general, Gaia might start to realize that people are fed up.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Perfect Saint

Dlin
Myrielle
Dlin

The site he posted the link to is one of those web rating sites which uses the Alexa site number rating systems. It was basically giving Gaia an 8 out of 10 for site size, traffic numbers and income generation. While it showed that traffic over all is down from several years ago, it's also leveled out. My personal theory there is that there is less botting, currently, so at least some of the the drop in "traffic" can be attributed to that as well as user unhappiness with current changes in Gaia's economic structure. (Since you can buy gold directly from Gaia there is much less incentive to buy it from botters.) The comments he was making a big deal out of were the three very old comments at the bottom of the page.
I see. Thanks for that explanation. OP's choice of a site to discredit Gaia was unwise.

Unstoppable Krampus

At least it wasn't Glass Door this time.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces