Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your New Year's resolution for Gaia for 2015?

Complete my wishlist! 0.17857142857143 17.9% [ 15 ]
Finish my dream avatar! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Reach Alchemy Level 10! 0.10714285714286 10.7% [ 9 ]
Make lots of gold! 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 14 ]
Beat Gaia games scoreboard! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Other (see my post) 0.25 25.0% [ 21 ]
I don't have a resolution T_T 0.29761904761905 29.8% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 84 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
It's been a year since I made a thread like this in 2013, three days before the start of the current year. When I look at that thread, it makes me feel the whole 2014 year went by like a breeze. For those of you GCDers who posted your resolutions for 2014 in that thread (see link below), now it would be good time to look back to what you posted there. Have you fulfilled any of your resolutions for 2014 that you posted or still struggling to achieve them? Or have you given up midway and sought something new instead?

Link: GCD Resolutions for 2014

It's almost the end of the 2014 year. I never achieved any of the resolutions I posted but instead, I achieved other things I didn't expect: I maxed out my alchemy level (seemed a lot easier than I thought) and, most notably for me, successfully bought a lot of new items that shortened my wishlist without buying any GC with my purse. Now for the next year, 2015, there isn't much in my mind on what I wanted to achieve in Gaia Online, other than read posts and hang around. I felt I would only do whatever comes in front of me and arouses my interest in Gaia Online. But if I ever get a lot more time to get into Gaia than I currently have, I might look deeper into Alchemy, and try to craft my very first wings- only if I can get my hands on one of those expensive formulas. @_@

Share your thoughts! ~ heart

gaia_spoons What are you hoping to acheive in Gaia Online in 2015?
gaia_spoons Did you successfully achieved any of your old resolutions for 2014? If not, why?
gaia_spoons Any thoughts on how you feel Gaia will turn out in the next year?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tiny Alchemist

That one is obvious for me. I want to finish my SDPlus quest. I keep starting and stopping, and I really feel like I can do it this time. It is super important to me and I hope to be able to complete it by the end of next year.

Edit: Looked at a recent offer for a platinum ticket and I am probably better off psychologically just quitting Gaia forever. gonk
After thinking it over, I decided my Gaia goal for 2015 would be to try and get the Wing Mastery achievement. I don't usually do Gaia resolutions, or if I do decide to quest for something it's usually more like halfway through the year. But I feel like I might be able to get this done so I'm going to give it a try. I think collecting the White Body Dye and Diamondback fish will be the hardest part.

Stubborn Gifter

While I may have priorities in RL, there's no way I'm going to make New Year resolution, both in RL and on Gaia. =P

Resolution can easily be forgotten or broken, no matter if it's a small, simple goal or a big goal. So no thank ya.

However, I HOPE Gaia isn't going to be worse for next year. After what's going on this year, it's like a roller coaster. sweatdrop

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
A platinum ticket would probably be my goal.

Perfect Saint

Attempt to spend less on GC? razz

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
My Goal is simple

make sure my friends know I care more about them then any item or amount of gold.

I plan on doing this by doing my best to be a better friend to them.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I'm not really one who do write down some resolutions, but there is a few things I'd like to achieve in 2015. Gaia-wise, maybe I could try to really craft a few of those fish exchange items and go higher in alchemy. I more or less stopped at level 3 redface If they release more new recipes at levels higher than 1, it would help get the motivation to do so thought smile Will I really do those? Well, we'll see in time wink

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Besides bugging the staff every week at AtS for Russell Ace to get an NPC account until he does? Other than that, I plan on making a serious attempt towards Winged Mastery in Alchemy. I can do the dyes and fish easily, it's the formulas that worry me. Thankfully there's the Scroll in GoFusion that drops them. xD

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Darksp
That one is obvious for me. I want to finish my SDPlus quest. I keep starting and stopping, and I really feel like I can do it this time. It is super important to me and I hope to be able to complete it by the end of next year.

Edit: Looked at a recent offer for a platinum ticket and I am probably better off psychologically just quitting Gaia forever. gonk

Your difficult quest reminds me of someone who strove hard towards getting an angelic halo and persisted despite rising inflation and the urge to quit. I found his firm resolution admirable up to the point that made me donate to him millions, and at times it made me feel I too should try questing for it (but I never started). I was never interested in any of the tickets that Gaia released since I'm more into collecting gettable items than designing something for Gaia. But I like seeing how others try and do their hardest to get a difficult item. ^.~

ThanatosRising
After thinking it over, I decided my Gaia goal for 2015 would be to try and get the Wing Mastery achievement. I don't usually do Gaia resolutions, or if I do decide to quest for something it's usually more like halfway through the year. But I feel like I might be able to get this done so I'm going to give it a try. I think collecting the White Body Dye and Diamondback fish will be the hardest part.

Good luck with that! I thought about going for Wing Mastery around July-August after I reached Alchemy level 10. But after seeing how rare and expensive the wing formulas were, I felt to craft every single wing would take longer than it took me to max out my alchemy level. I would've started the wing quest by now if I hadn't been heavily outbid on wing formulas in Flynn's auction (I even noticed some winners are re-selling them at inflated price instead of crafting them out, so much pity for questers who just wanted the achievement), but I told myself that my failure to get one of those formula means it's not yet time for me to start going for Wing Mastery. I decided to procrastinate but eventually lost my passion for it a couple of months after inflation got worse.

Jisen Meizuki
However, I HOPE Gaia isn't going to be worse for next year. After what's going on this year, it's like a roller coaster. sweatdrop

After what started out in August 2013, I still have the preconception that Gaia is going to stay shaky for the next few years. In my opinion, it'd be better off if they completely stopped releasing those gold generators, but I doubt they'd do that.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Kid Jak
My Goal is simple
make sure my friends know I care more about them then any item or amount of gold.

I know of a few friends here who did something like that through handing out gifts that are too expensive for them to purchase in the Marketplace. I enjoy doing that too (especially gifting anonymously in the GCD, since other anons did the same to me whee heart ) Your friends would appreciate you the same if you did that, charities are always a warmth to people's hearts. ~ heart

lilloulou
I'm not really one who do write down some resolutions, but there is a few things I'd like to achieve in 2015. Gaia-wise, maybe I could try to really craft a few of those fish exchange items and go higher in alchemy. I more or less stopped at level 3 redface If they release more new recipes at levels higher than 1, it would help get the motivation to do so thought smile Will I really do those? Well, we'll see in time wink

I remember how I stopped at Alchemy level 3 until zOMG! got shut down. Then when I looked deeper into alchemy out of boredom, I found it was possible to raise the level more through certain formulas from the BiFrost that only require items from caches but have very low success rate. All those caches that I collected from the Dumpster Drive over the months (thanks to all those who donated them! heart ) motivated me to start crafting stuff once more. It required lot of patience and gold, but what kept me going was the fact that you're guaranteed to level up for every 10 cache-item recipes you craft at your current level. ^.~

Shrimp_Man

Besides bugging the staff every week at AtS for Russell Ace to get an NPC account until he does? Other than that, I plan on making a serious attempt towards Winged Mastery in Alchemy. I can do the dyes and fish easily, it's the formulas that worry me. Thankfully there's the Scroll in GoFusion that drops them. xD

It makes me wonder what amusing comments Russell would make if he got a NPC account. xd I think it's a great idea but I don't know what the Gaia staff think of it. I only assume they are interested in artists who draw newer items everyday, just like in the children's story of "Emperor's New Suit" where the Emperor in the story only cared about spending treasury on clothes and shoes, nothing else. Other than that, good luck to you too on going for Wing Mastery. I know of that item in GoFusion but I didn't have the time and resources to craft it. Also, the fact that the item gives a random scroll rather than a wing one discouraged me from spending my resources. sweatdrop
Anamosa Valentine
Kid Jak
My Goal is simple

I know of a few friends here who did something like that through handing out gifts that are too expensive for them to purchase in the Marketplace. I enjoy doing that too (especially gifting anonymously in the GCD, since other anons did the same to me whee heart ) Your friends would appreciate you the same if you did that, charities are always a warmth to people's hearts. ~ heart

lilloulou

I remember how I stopped at Alchemy level 3 until zOMG! got shut down. Then when I looked deeper into alchemy out of boredom, I found it was possible to raise the level more through certain formulas from the BiFrost that only require items from caches but have very low success rate. All those caches that I collected from the Dumpster Drive over the months (thanks to all those who donated them! heart ) motivated me to start crafting stuff once more. It required lot of patience and gold, but what kept me going was the fact that you're guaranteed to level up for every 10 cache-item recipes you craft at your current level. ^.~

Shrimp_Man

It makes me wonder what amusing comments Russell would make if he got a NPC account. xd I think it's a great idea but I don't know what the Gaia staff think of it. I only assume they are interested in artists who draw newer items everyday, just like in the children's story of "Emperor's New Suit" where the Emperor in the story only cared about spending treasury on clothes and shoes, nothing else. Other than that, good luck to you too on going for Wing Mastery. I know of that item in GoFusion but I didn't have the time and resources to craft it. Also, the fact that the item gives a random scroll rather than a wing one discouraged me from spending my resources. sweatdrop

It's times like this I wish my rad punk wardrobe featured some warmer clothes.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

My resolution is achievable, and almost in sight:

Acquire ticket, make items!

After that, my resolution will be "rinse and repeat". 3nodding

Heart Tamer

Attempt to obtain a ticket that allows me to be creative and deliver an item that isn't simply a recolor. I have amazing ideas for a Golden Ticket and it pains me that I'm unable to bring those to life. I would even settle on giving a Golden Ticket owner who's creatively bankrupt my ideas in exchange for a copy or two of the item.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Anamosa Valentine
Shrimp_Man

Probably something about Cards all the time, but that would be okay with me. Heck, I'd even enjoy him being a spam-bot like the other NPCs right now if it just meant he had an account.

As for the scroll, I have enough mules that I kind of gather charms rather quickly from checking them all. And if they keep putting the charm packs into Backalley Bargains then it might not be hard to potentially get them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces