Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
A blind dog survived a fall from the balcony outside his owner's California condo -- falling 15 stories and landing in hot water at the same time.

The Sacramento Bee reported that the 13-year-old Boston terrier, whose name is Sam, was dog-paddling in the hot tub this past Monday when workers went to investigate the cause of a giant splash they'd heard.

The dog suffered five broken ribs and several fractures to his pelvis in the plunge. He is currently recovering at an animal hospital.

Sam's owner, Bill McCourt, told the newspaper, “Whenever I tell someone what happened, they keep saying, 'The 15th floor? Are you sure it was the 15th floor?' because no one can believe it. They’re completely amazed. I just want to get him home. He’s a huge part of my family."

Poor Puppy

Loyal Exhibitionist

Wow, I'm surprised he survived such a long fall. Hitting the water at that much speed is like hitting a wall or floor.

I'm glad he's okay though!

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Hasuki Aatisuto
Wow, I'm surprised he survived such a long fall. Hitting the water at that much speed is like hitting a wall or floor.

I'm glad he's okay though!
If the water was in motion - as it generally is in a hot tub because of the filtration - the surface tension would be greatly decreased, allowing for a much softer landing. You know when you see people making really high dives how they have water being sprayed on the area where they're diving, that's what it's for, decreasing the surface tension.

As to why he jumped off, if he's like every other Boston terrier I've known it's because he's a hyperactive little s**t. Glad he survived.

Kawaii Shoujo

Thank the heavens that the dog survived such a fall.

Wintry Dragon

He could give Wile E. Coyote some tips.

Ice-Cold Wolf

Negligent owner.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I guess it's safe to say he didn't see that coming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff