Welcome to Gaia! ::

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Hey friends.
So, I'm familiar with EV training (and goodness gracious has Gen 6. made it easier!) but I'm admittedly a newbie when it comes to IV breeding.
I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to use traded Pokemon - I like to do my own hard work.
That being said, I really want to build my dream team - a team of magical, awesome cat/cat-like pokemon <3
I'm thinking of using Pyroar, Delcatty, Persian, Liepard, Sneasel/Weavile, and Meowstic, but other alternatives I would seriously consider are Eevee-lutions (I know they're not really cats but they're really cute so I don't care), Zangoose, Luxray, Absol, and Glameow/Purugly.

What I'm asking is if any of you IV Breeding vets have any recommendations for good natures for the above pokemon and tips on how to IV breed effectively?
Thanks so much y'all <3

Bashful Member

Astral Felidae

Hey friends.
So, I'm familiar with EV training (and goodness gracious has Gen 6. made it easier!) but I'm admittedly a newbie when it comes to IV breeding.
I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to use traded Pokemon - I like to do my own hard work.
That being said, I really want to build my dream team - a team of magical, awesome cat/cat-like pokemon <3
I'm thinking of using Pyroar, Delcatty, Persian, Liepard, Sneasel/Weavile, and Meowstic, but other alternatives I would seriously consider are Eevee-lutions (I know they're not really cats but they're really cute so I don't care), Zangoose, Luxray, Absol, and Glameow/Purugly.

What I'm asking is if any of you IV Breeding vets have any recommendations for good natures for the above pokemon and tips on how to IV breed effectively?
Thanks so much y'all <3

Well first of all y-Engaged? peace.

Quotable Noob

30 second iv breed tutorial

2 pokes in day care

Baby is born = 2 iv

Throw it in with its (parent with the best iv of the opposite gender) and give it a destiny knot

*Baby is born = 3 iv

*Repeat
*Repeat
*Repeat

Parents with 5/6 ivs are created

Baby is born with the nature you want *Give everstone

Baby is born with good ivs that it will use, the correct nature and ability.

25 hours later you have a decent team

Kawaii Shoujo

in xy the iv checker is in..kiloude? the city that opens up post game.
i'm assuming you know about that, and how to tell if an iv is perfect, but if you don't just say so and i or osmeone else will tell you.

you want to first catch or obtain breeding stock with decent ivs, at least. friend safari guarantees two ivs. baby pokemon rae guaranteed 3 perfect ivs but obvs u have to evolve them before you can breed them.

then you breed those mons, and as you get offspring with more perfect ivs you replace the inferior parents

by default parents pass on 3 random ivs
give one parent a destiny knot and that goes up to 5 random ivs
destiny knot is best utilized when th eparents have, like, 4-6 perfect ivs each, ime
power items (the ones that boost the evs earned in battles) guarantee you'll pass down that respective iv of the parent holding it

so if you have a pokemon with a perfect sp attack iv give it a...power lens? to hold and its offpsring will be guaranteed to inherit that perfect sp atk iv

uhh...

obviously the ideal is to get a six iv ditto to use as breeding stock. they're probs going to be hacked, of course, but it's v v v valuable

i think that's most of it?

EDIT:
also do you understnad how egg moves, nature, and ability inheritance work?

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Icebattler
Astral Felidae

Hey friends.

Thanks so much y'all <3

Well first of all y-Engaged? peace.

I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say ^^;

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

infel phira

Quote:

Yup, he's the dude in the corner by the changing room, yeah? But he doesn't tell you what the perfect IV is, right? Or does he?

Quote:

Where do you get the destiny knot? What does it do (besides 5 random IVs)?

Quote:

Egg moves: I think so... some moves are passed down to baby, some moves if both parents have it are passed to baby, and some moves are only acquired by chain breeding from different species that naturally have the move... right?
Nature: Various natures have different effects on base stats (like, positively affecting one stat and negatively affecting another) and there's a couple that have no effect on stats... I don't know off the top of my head which natures do what though. That's the jist of it though, right?
Ability inheritance: Umm... Certain items given to a pokemon pass down abilities... right? Or am I mixing that up with natures?

Kawaii Shoujo

Astral Felidae

infel phira

Quote:

Yup, he's the dude in the corner by the changing room, yeah? But he doesn't tell you what the perfect IV is, right? Or does he?

Quote:

Quote:

Egg moves: I think so... some moves are passed down to baby, some moves if both parents have it are passed to baby, and some moves are only acquired by chain breeding from different species that naturally have the move... right?
Nature: Various natures have different effects on base stats (like, positively affecting one stat and negatively affecting another) and there's a couple that have no effect on stats... I don't know off the top of my head which natures do what though. That's the jist of it though, right?
Ability inheritance: Umm... Certain items given to a pokemon pass down abilities... right? Or am I mixing that up with natures?

yes, he tells you the perfect iv. first he'll say what the pokemon's potential is. decent is the worst, outstanding is the best for overall iv spread. if a stat is a perfect 31 he'll list it and say that 'it can't be beat'. if the pokemon has more than one perfect iv he'll list all the stats and then say it can't be beat.
after that if the pokemon has ZERO ivs in a stat he'll say 'but this blahblah stat..' and something negative.

egg moves are uh...i think in gen vi both parents can pass on egg moves, but the father's moves take priority. if you breed with a ditto you can pass down egg moves. i'd use bulbapedia to see which moves can be inherited. on an individual pokemon's page it lists all possible egg moves that can be inherited as well as what the father has to be (because in breeding with two pokemon where neither is ditto the baby will be the MOTHER's species), and on the page for a move it'll show which pokemon learn it, and which can inherit it.

and yes, natures add 10% to a stat and detract 10% from another. there are...five? natures that have no effect on stats because they basically raise and detract from the same state. the stat in red is the one raised and the stat in blue is the one decreased. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature here's a list of them

the mother passes on the ability (because the offspring is the same species) but in gen vi male and genderless pokemon can pass down abilities when bred with ditto.

you can't pass down a hidden ability unless the parent has the hidden ability. i forget the exact odds, but it's like..60% chance of passing on a hidden ability, if there's more than one non-hidden ability 80% chance the parent will pass on their ability?

in battle destiny knot infatuates the enemy if the holder becomes infatuated themselves. in oras you get it randomly from the couple in sea mauville, i forget where you get it in xy.

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

infel phira
Astral Felidae

infel phira

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yes, he tells you the perfect iv. first he'll say what the pokemon's potential is. decent is the worst, outstanding is the best for overall iv spread. if a stat is a perfect 31 he'll list it and say that 'it can't be beat'. if the pokemon has more than one perfect iv he'll list all the stats and then say it can't be beat.
after that if the pokemon has ZERO ivs in a stat he'll say 'but this blahblah stat..' and something negative.

egg moves are uh...i think in gen vi both parents can pass on egg moves, but the father's moves take priority. if you breed with a ditto you can pass down egg moves. i'd use bulbapedia to see which moves can be inherited. on an individual pokemon's page it lists all possible egg moves that can be inherited as well as what the father has to be (because in breeding with two pokemon where neither is ditto the baby will be the MOTHER's species), and on the page for a move it'll show which pokemon learn it, and which can inherit it.

and yes, natures add 10% to a stat and detract 10% from another. there are...five? natures that have no effect on stats because they basically raise and detract from the same state. the stat in red is the one raised and the stat in blue is the one decreased. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature here's a list of them

the mother passes on the ability (because the offspring is the same species) but in gen vi male and genderless pokemon can pass down abilities when bred with ditto.

you can't pass down a hidden ability unless the parent has the hidden ability. i forget the exact odds, but it's like..60% chance of passing on a hidden ability, if there's more than one non-hidden ability 80% chance the parent will pass on their ability?

in battle destiny knot infatuates the enemy if the holder becomes infatuated themselves. in oras you get it randomly from the couple in sea mauville, i forget where you get it in xy.

Awesome, thank you so much!! c:

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
A little tip for Pyroar is that pokemon found in the Friend Safari automaticly have at least two perfect [31] IVs. Raiding a Fire Safari may be a good place to start looking for parents with high IVs in the stats you want.

With a pretty decent Sp. Attack and Speed, either a Modest or Timid nature would boost Sp. Attk. or Sp. respectively, while cutting a lackluster Attack stat.
Go for Sp. Attk STAB moves like Fire Blast and Hyper Voice, and keep the other two slots open for recovery or coverage.

Generous GO

13,200 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the Everstone carry the nature 100% to the offspring and the IVs can be passed down?

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Salaura
A little tip for Pyroar is that pokemon found in the Friend Safari automaticly have at least two perfect [31] IVs. Raiding a Fire Safari may be a good place to start looking for parents with high IVs in the stats you want.

With a pretty decent Sp. Attack and Speed, either a Modest or Timid nature would boost Sp. Attk. or Sp. respectively, while cutting a lackluster Attack stat.
Go for Sp. Attk STAB moves like Fire Blast and Hyper Voice, and keep the other two slots open for recovery or coverage.

Sweet, thank you so much! c:

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
[[Pixel.dust.]]
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the Everstone carry the nature 100% to the offspring and the IVs can be passed down?

Yes, Everstone does pass down the holder's nature 100% of the time, and the Destiny Knot allows a child to inherent five IVs from both the parents, instead of the two or three that they normally get.

But the knot's better to use after you have at least one parent with 4-6IVs.

Generous GO

13,200 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Salaura
[[Pixel.dust.]]

Yes, Everstone does pass down the holder's nature 100% of the time, and the Destiny Knot allows a child to inherent five IVs from both the parents, instead of the two or three that they normally get.

But the knot's better to use after you have at least one parent with 4-6IVs.

All rights, thanks for letting me know! =)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff