Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is simple, Gaia. WE ARE ALL SICK of seeing 10 announcements when we come back on. No one that plays Gaia for what it used to be buys much cash anymore. We are all sick of seeing "flash sales" and gold generators and reward tiers!! We will not back down, so give us what we want.
If we burn, you burn with us!
This is what this petition states:
1. I will not click through any of my announcements until they make a change.
2. I will not buy any cash/participate in any reward tiers, no matter the cost.
3. I will tell my friends on Gaia about this petition and make a change!
To sign, just say something like "I sign". That simple. The goal is 1000+ signatures when this is over.

Signatures:
1. The cutest meerkat
2. The divergent wolf pup
3. Kookiebreed
4. regna fox
5. jackdanielsismypatronus
6. Aoi Azami

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
I sign, I guess

Profitable Prophet

Sign -KookieBreed

Shy Sophomore

i sign evil evil evil evil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100

Divine Phantom

Kawaii Shoujo

k but they're obviously doing all this because it's making them money

so like, if you're not going to buy cash anyway i doubt they give a s**t. they're not profitting nearly as much off of u.
infel phira

so like, if you're not going to buy cash anyway i doubt they give a s**t. they're not profitting nearly as much off of u.
We know this. But if you want to spend hundreds of dollars off pixels and spend time with other bi***es, that's fine with me.

Kawaii Shoujo

Disneys_Moana
infel phira

We know this. But if you want to spend hundreds of dollars off pixels and spend time with other bi***es, that's fine with me.

lmao why are you so hostile and assuming i spend money on cash

i agree, even if the announcements are cut down from what they were at the height of the ridiculous flood of announcements, it's still way too much. something needs to be changed about it, like choosing what notifications u see

but ur idea of making gaia "burn" is silly. people who don't spend gaia cash suddenly...not buying gaia cash means nothing.

people who DO buy gaia cash probably aren't going to stop because of something as trivial as announcements.

idk why i'm trying 2 be reasonable with you, your response clearly shows u are incapable of logical discourse.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
          Long live the reckless and the brave
                                                      I don't think I wanna be saved
                                                                                              My song has not been sung

There are some announcements that don't rely on GC. They've been doing Community Updates more regularly. There's also gold shop updates and the few that come with freebies (like after Robin Williams died). So avoiding them entirely seems pretty unfeasible. Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't even register with the staff that someone hasn't gone through the announcements, so I don't think it would really help.

LongLiveUs
    It wont make a difference, tbh.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
    • Firestarter 200
    • Invisibility 100
    • Inquisitor 200
    ☥ Behold Thy Pharaoh ☥
    xxxxShe Speaks

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                No one "plays" Gaia at all. The games haven't been updated in god knows how long, and I heard they recently destroyed zomg. Honestly, you can easily ignore the announcements. I've had ten announcements since I joined Gaia and it's totally a norm. I find out about events or cool stuff through the CB to be honest. Honestly, there's nothing to burn Gaia with; it just sounds like you're a hunger games fan and you've been dying to use that phrase.

Skipn26's Queen

Wistful Bunny

24,875 Points
    • OTP 200
    • Married 100
    • Campaign Manager 500
    I hate to break it to you.... Its not gonna happen. Gaia is a business.

So getting hostile at people for having a different view just makes you look like a jerk and will make people ignore your petition. Just saying.

I spend money on gaia here and there. On special holidays or for birthdays (my sister and boyfriend both play)

Want to know why? I believe in the trickle down theory. I believe every dollar I spend supports SOMEONES FAMILY. Gaia uses the money WE donate and puts that money into their servers, which keep the servers FREE for people who cannot/will not & flat out refuse to spend money on this game and expect it to remain free. That same money for their employees wages (I know coding aint free), that same money into their local economy which supports more people and their families. So for each dollar that is spent by people that has spare income, theyre helping keep this site for people like you who want everything for FREE.

Reality Check. NOTHING is FREE. There is always a price and by refusing or taking away to option to donate/pay for the site.

How fast do you think it'll go belly up? Someone figured, about a month.

With the amount of bandwidth and the staffing costs. Are you honestly ok with 90-95 people losing their jobs because you and many others feel we shouldn't have to pay for a site like this? Are you ok with someone having to tell their families they've lost their jobs that they put their heart and soul into that they cant pay the bills or food on the table? A ton of people who post these petitions are only thinking of the money in their pocket, which by all means is realistic and don't want to have to spend money on a site they adore but feel entitled to and wonder why nothing changes. Gaia is THAT big now.

So more power to you, if you don't want to donate a dollar. That's the awesome thing, that is YOUR CHOICE but not mine. People who do not want to spend a dime on this site shouldnt have the power to take that away from other people. There are people like me who have run and worked in real big companies before things are not cheap or free.

So we choose to donate. Because AT this moment there are 17,538 Gaians Online. Who are playing for free because of the money being donated by a small group of people.

--------

To sum up my post - If you don't like the announcement IGNORE them heart Theyre not making you pay for anything. It is your money, your choice. Because those announcements are not going away.

Blessed Gaian

❀ ✿

I, Annikou, sign this petition. 3nodding

Sincerely,
    Anne

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items