Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rare

Chaotic Wishes
hornworts
Unpopular opinion: gold needs to be taken away from users or altered in some way to fix this huge ******** issue

Haha, yeah, like if you lose money using Daily Chance or pink links? People wouldn't like it, but it'd be pretty funny.

No, you don't understand. The staff should remove 90% of everyone's pure but keep shop prices the same. Then prices will go down.

Hellraiser

Braev Dullahan
I dislike most items made by reaper. I find the pixilation way too stylized/"realistic" for the cutesy anime bases and difficult to pair it with other artists' items.

I second this. Her art is fine and nice to look at, but her style translated horribly into realm of items. And it is not like I wouldn't like to like her items, but I just can't.
Chaotic Wishes

Aha, true. I guess it also makes me a hypocrite because of complaining about recolours when clearly I own some.

Well, and I think that's a bit different. I complain about certain items, but I'm not trying to start a petition / protest to get items removed from Gaia, or something like that. Whereas actually trying to convince other people that Gaia is super evil and they should never buy GC, it has less of an impact when you see that person still has LQIs on their wishlist, so obviously when they say anti-GC they must mean only them. That's the part of the hypocrisy that gets me, haha.

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
hiimbeary
This probably marks the 3rd or 4th time I'm bitching about this in GCD, but mine is: Anyone preaching about boycotting GC or being anti-GC loses all credibility when I see them wearing any item that was ever sold in La Victoire, or have any of those items on their wishlist.

And I agree with whomever said that the artists and staff get way too much flak.

Most of the time I don't even believe when people say they are boycotting Cash shop. Especially when I see "Thank you Anon" anywhere in their signature. So their mule anons them cash shop items and I'm supposed to see that as a serious protest. rolleyes

Truthfully I still believe if you have the gold you should be able to get anything off the MP and still be considered 'boycotting,' but some of these people will have impossible avatars together (for non cash users) and then pass it off like it's so hard to make enough gold even though they protest/ boycott GC. Quite suspicious and hypocritical when you see it.

My unpopular opinion, I literally just see the inflated prices as just a few extra zeroes and feel more satisfied than ever donating to Gaia. Yes they occasionally come out with crap, but no one really buys it then which is good. But I mean the satisfaction of value, I spend money I actually get my money's worth (in gold). I didn't feel that way with 'Old Gaia'. Nothing I ever bought with cash ever went for enough to get me anything I wanted (and I never wanted absurdly expensive items).

As for crappy recolors I guess I can say there are numerous, but likely not many bought them which is why a handful of people can make it go for outrageous prices.

Hardcore Muse

Paikeia
Unpopular opinion: Sandman is female and changing her to gender-fluid was stupid and unnecessary.

They were actually referencing Sandman and Fafnir when they used "they." I didn't catch it at first until someone pointed it out.
3nodding

Tiny Shapeshifter

Mississippi Black Velvet
They were actually referencing Sandman and Fafnir when they used "they." I didn't catch it at first until someone pointed it out.
3nodding
One of Gaia staff artist (forgets who) pointed out that Sandman wasn't a fan of this gender labeling thing, which is why she referenced herself as "they" instead. I think it's more of an excuse for those who aren't familiar with Gaia's Sandman though, since most associates the character as male outside of Gaia.

Hardcore Muse

Yen Quest

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find that post would you?

Once someone pointed out they could be referencing both Sandman and Fafnir when they used the pronoun they it just made a lot more sense, honestly. xd

Tiny Shapeshifter

Mississippi Black Velvet
You wouldn't happen to know where I could find that post would you?

Once someone pointed out they could be referencing both Sandman and Fafnir when they used the pronoun they it just made a lot more sense, honestly. xd
Well, I'm the one who pointed out the Sandman&Fafnir "they" thing in my art thread, but the artist post is somewhere else in one of those SandmanxJack threads (I think). Let me see if I can find it... *searches away* Oh, oops. It was also in my thread. xD pyawakit mentioned it here.

Hardcore Muse

Yen Quest

Ah, okay someone else pointed it out as well. Might have been Zi or Rhea.

Seems more like an opinion than fact but alright.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Mississippi Black Velvet

Opinions make the world go round and round and round~ xd

Getting back on topic though, I don't think I have an unpopular opinion, unless you want to count being a GC user is one of them. Or, wanting to see another red recolor of the Fighter series... Or being a rudely/blunt/douche is a okay thing to do on Gaia... Or claiming that chicks/birdies are much cuter than bunnies... Or Gaia catering to the feminine males and bad-a** and elegant female warriors are more of my thing rather than the beefy/hairy/rogue kinds (well, this if more of a preference thing than anything else)... emotion_kirakira
Yen Quest
Mississippi Black Velvet

Opinions make the world go round and round and round~ xd

Getting back on topic though, I don't think I have an unpopular opinion, unless you want to count being a GC user is one of them. Or, wanting to see another red recolor of the Fighter series... Or being a rudely/blunt/douche is a okay thing to do on Gaia... Or claiming that chicks/birdies are much cuter than bunnies... Or Gaia catering to the feminine males and bad-a** and elegant female warriors are more of my thing rather than the beefy/hairy/rogue kinds (well, this if more of a preference thing than anything else)... emotion_kirakira
There is no running by the frozen ponds. No running, I repeat. No running! You there! Stop that! I don't care if you can't fall in, rules are rules!
I like the recolours.....

Greedy Capitalist

I have a lot of unpopular opinions but I can only think of a few right now.

A male item does not need to have muscles, body hair, armour or be lumberjack-esque to be a male/masculine item.

I find toxic green and neon colours ugly.

Cresolae is only popular because they're gay and people want to see them have sex not because they have a deep and meaningful relationship (there's no development or event that brought them emotionally close in the canon story, they don't seem to care for each other they just fancy each other) There was more devotion, care, sacrifice and love in the short Saint Ciel first REI story.
(I'm disappointed in the cabin fever mini-comic, it was a missed opportunity for genuine development)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff