Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I'm back from a hiatus from like, 2008, and obviously have come back to this inflation s**t-storm, and have been exploring buying new crap off the marketplace (thank goodness the stuff I had inflated, too).

And, whilst looking more more stuff to buy, I've discovered that some of the most expensive items are the recolours of other items. And my confession is that I hate most of them. They look like shitty-a** lazy photoshop edits. I cannot fathom why they're expensive or well-liked.

So, what's your unpopular opinion? I haven't been here in a long time, so I don't even know what the popular opinions are, so I'd be interested in being educated.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
lol That's not an unpopular opinion. That's preaching to the choir. My unpopular opinion is probably that the new gold generators that have fewer gold payouts are better for the Gaia Gold economy than the kickstarter gold sinks they keep shoveling on us at the slightest provocation.
Avarice Clay
lol That's not an unpopular opinion. That's preaching to the choir. My unpopular opinion is probably that the new gold generators that have fewer gold payouts are better for the Gaia Gold economy than the kickstarter gold sinks they keep shoveling on us at the slightest provocation.

Ha, well I guess I just assumed that because they were expensive, they were sought after. My bad.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Chaotic Wishes
Avarice Clay

Ha, well I guess I just assumed that because they were expensive, they were sought after. My bad.

I suspect a lot of the expense comes from vendors picking a lot of them up for cheap to jack the prices up, to manufacture a high level of demand that they can then say justifies the high prices they charge.

Rare

Unpopular opinion: gold needs to be taken away from users or altered in some way to fix this huge ******** issue

Lot!on's Husband

Tiny Donator

14,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Chaotic Wishes
They look like shitty-a** lazy photoshop edits.

:I ya.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I agree with the recolours. Some are done well, but a ton are done horribly in my opinion. Then again, recolours take a lot less effort to procure and have become Gaia's #1 out put to make cash, so that's no surprise.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not - but I am getting really bored of Gaia being so one-dimensional. There's items and sales, the same-old-same-old style for events, and manga updates. Nothing groundbreaking or experientially new though.

Dapper Puppy

My unpopular opinion? Any male item that has a coat, that doesn't cover up the belly button, is not a male item. No guy, that I know of, would wear a coat like that.

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Unpopular opinion: ******** FORCED RARITY LIMITED ITEM BULLSHIT. I never liked it from the start and I never WILL like it. emotion_donotwant

Slumbering Tengu

Eurydice Evyn
Unpopular opinion: ******** FORCED RARITY LIMITED ITEM BULLSHIT. I never liked it from the start and I never WILL like it. emotion_donotwant

See platinum ticket gonk

I'm secretly wishing that they'll change the rules about that and after x amount of time they can be re-released
but I know it will never happen because the BAW that would transpire would shatter the Earth
I never liked zOMG and don't really care that it's gone. ninja

IRL Noob

Unpopular opinion: I think the artists are overworked and underpaid for the amount of crap they put up with from the userbase.

Shadowy Cultist

the over dramatizing of inflation (gaia betrayed us, how could you do this to me, bluh bluh) is ******** annoying even if the inflation itself is awful

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
My unpopular opinion is that the limbs of the standard avatar base are more attractive than arm and leg mods.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Here's one:
I'm tired of all the manly REIs featuring gay relationships. I'm super happy with LGBT representation, but not all gay men are buff and not all male relationships are love interests. :/

Edir:
I dislike most items made by reaper. I find the pixilation way too stylized/"realistic" for the cutesy anime bases and difficult to pair it with other artists' items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff