Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Prophet

Omnipresent Prophet

User Image
      User Image

• two hundred years ago, cedar valley was nothing more than a hidden sanctuary for those who
                                              knew of its existence. hidden beyond the mountains, away from the industrial world, the valley
                                              waited to be found, and while the years went on, it continued to wait, nurtured by the harvest
                                              goddess, who brought the land fertility and promise of prosperous cultivation. seasons passed
                                              and slowly settlers began entering the valley, uncovering the land and beginning to settle their
                                              families. the valley grew into a small farming community over time, centered around farming
                                              and exporting their crops to the cities that had begun to rise just over the mountain range that
                                              lay west of the fertile land. for generations, this valley, which became known as cedar valley,
                                              was a place of prosperity and good fortune. however, as the older generations began to wear
                                              away, the younger ones brought in technology in hopes of industrializing the valley, creating
                                              yet another big city to profit off of. the harvest goddess, realizing the selfish attitudes of her
                                              once beloved people, slowly receded into solitude. without the goddess to provide protection
                                              to the valley, the land slowly began to lose nutrients and become worn and hard to cultivate.
                                              many of the younger, wealth hungry members of the valley noticed the change in harvests
                                              and began retreating back to the cities, where they could turn a profit off of their own hard
                                              labor without having to deal with the agricultural community. those who stayed behind were
                                              the ones who nursed the valley back to health, and slowly but surely seemed to regain a
                                              relationship with the harvest goddess. but when word got back to the cities that the valley
                                              was once again producing quality goods, many of those same city slickers began seeping
                                              back into the valley, causing tensions between the loyal valley dwellers and the newcomers.
                                              x

Omnipresent Prophet

User Image
      User Image

User Image
                                            • the rules are fairly simple to follow, particularly the basics. if you've been in any sort of gaia
                                              based role play, then you should know the terms and conditions of roleplaying on this site --
                                              those all apply here. there are kids on this site; i know it, you know it, we all know it, it's fact.
                                              that being said, i'm giving this roleplay a rating of pg - 16: you know the drill guys, if any sort
                                              of romantic scene begins getting a little bit heated, you skip it. no going to pms. skip over it.
                                              got it? that goes for outrageous gore as well. seeing as this is a harvest moon based role play
                                              i don't expect to be seeing people trying to murder one another, but if for some sort of reason
                                              there is excessive gore or violence, i don't want to see it in my thread. got it? good. it's not a
                                              hard rule to follow, most of them aren't, i promise. finally, more important than basically any
                                              other rule, you have to respect me, respect the mods of the thread - and obviously - respect
                                              one another if you're going to be a participant in this role play. i will not want to see personal
                                              arguments popping up in my ooc thread, or the ooc skype, or any other chat that is public to
                                              the entire group. keep it to yourselves. that being said, if there is a serious problem going on
                                              in which you feel you are being harassed, etc. by a member of the group, i truly will only ask
                                              that you talk to me; maybe we can work something out. i'd hate to lose a new friend due to a
                                              misunderstanding or something totally avoidable, or at least manageable, so guys feel free to
                                              reach out to me in the ooc or over pms or even through skype if need be. just please respect
                                              one another and of course, have a good time, that isn't so hard now, is it?
                                              User Image
                                              now down to the good stuff, literacy! but bun, you cry, what the heck does lazy - advanced lit
                                              even mean, lady?! well, let me tell you, friends, i don't even really know. i want people that will
                                              be dedicated to the role play, people who won't just make a character, post once, and take off
                                              without any notice. that being said, i don't have any super ridiculous standards. i want literate
                                              to advanced literate role players, people who will actively participate in the ooc, in plotting, and
                                              who will be, well, literate. i wan't proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, words that aren't totally
                                              just pulled out of thin air. this stuff has to be readable. now. for the part most of you are most
                                              likely waiting for me to get on to: the post requirements. look, my minimum is one, yes folks,
                                              one paragraph once a week. that's it. one meaty paragraph, but the catch is that it must move
                                              your character, and the characters around you, forward in some way shape or form. no filler --
                                              i don't want to see you wandering aimlessly for three posts -- but actual action, conversation,
                                              what have you. people get busy, heck i have a job and school and a social life, i know i'm not
                                              going to have time for multiple thousand word posts a week, not many people do, and while i
                                              have the utmost respect for those of you who can manage that, well, this role play is a breath
                                              of fresh air, hopefully a relaxing pace for all. if you think you'll have a busy week, or won't be
                                              able to post for some reason, please, just let me know. i'm even willing to welcome short term
                                              hiatuses to people who are really dedicated but need some time off in a form of their character
                                              taking a 'vacation' of sorts. i'm pretty flexible, but i really have to emphasize that if you don't
                                              think you can see yourself being a member of this group six months from now, even if the plot
                                              is lagging and the posts are longer and longer apart, please don't get my hopes up by making a
                                              super amazing character and up and leaving us a week into the role play. that's lame, and it
                                              happens, but i'd rather we all at least give this thing a fighting chance, alright? alright.
                                              User Image
                                              now we get to the good stuff: characters. they're the backbone of the role play, one of the
                                              most interesting parts both to make and to plot with. now, i'm going to be keeping a close
                                              eye on everyone's apps to make sure we have a fairly even gender and sexuality ratio, so
                                              please, make your characters diverse in that aspect. i've seen a great deal of hm role plays
                                              struggle plot wise because they get clogged up with too many characters with similar traits
                                              and genders, so please, try to keep them different, make them interesting. not every chara
                                              has to have a sob story, and not every chara has to be a mary or gary sue / stu, so change
                                              them up. as for character images, i have every right to ask that you change them if i don't
                                              believe they are up to the standard i want to be met. i'm looking for high quality anime pics
                                              only, okay guys? it's pretty simple, they're easy to find, i love helping look for fcs and what
                                              have you if you need any help. other than that? just make them interesting, have a whole lot
                                              of fun with them, and dear god pls pls pls plot with them in the ooc pls. i swear. just do it.
                                              User Image
                                              so you got through all of my super boring rules! and you've read everything you've had to
                                              in order to join, so the next question must be, how do i join? simple and easy process, i'd
                                              like to think. simply head on over to the app thread and fill out the application, and wait for
                                              it to be read and approved by me. once your app is accepted, feel free to plot it up in the
                                              ooc chat, but don't forget to turn in that profile you're going to have to do. once you finish
                                              it up ( it's fairly short ) just pm me a link ( they must be in their own threads ); if you could
                                              title the pm coming home that would be just fantastic, friend. and after that? get to the ooc,
                                              start plotting it up, and of course, start working on your journals. i've been pretty easy on
                                              journals in the past, but because the profiles are so simple, i'm asking you guys to please
                                              make a journal to keep track of plots? it's easier for everyone involved having everything
                                              written down. that's it, that's all it's going to take! just wander on over to the app thread
                                              and come and join our party!
                                              tab

Omnipresent Prophet

User Image
      User Image

• cedar valley is located in ( surprise, surprise ) a valley, a large, rolling expanse of land that is
                                              hidden from easy discovery, tucked behind a large mountain range that lies eastward. there
                                              is little to be said about technology there; if you were to look at the town from directly above,
                                              you would only see fields dotted on either side of the small town, and buildings here or there
                                              for miles and miles. there are roads that cut through the small town, mostly made of cobble
                                              stone or gravel. while there are phones and televisions to be seen, and radios to be listened
                                              to, cars and modes of automotive transportation are rarely used. there is a single gas station
                                              in the town, and the only ones who really use cars are the ones who depend on them for their
                                              travelling between the small town and the cities on either side of the mountain range. when it
                                              comes to the town itself, it's fairly small with a simple layout: everything is centered around
                                              the town square, which has the town hall, police station, and post office all closely linked to
                                              one another in the northern area. there are very few individual shops in cedar valley, but it
                                              hardly keeps the residents from making money on their own. the square is open every other
                                              sunday to all who wish to participate in the bi - weekly flea market. the farmers open with a
                                              fresh fruit and vegetable stand, others sell artwork, or other wares that they make on their
                                              own time away from their usual businesses. it's a rather lively little event that the residents
                                              seem to enjoy twice a month, and typically a portion of some of the proceeds go to cedar
                                              valley's own fund raising events, which are held to help support the seasonal festivals that
                                              take place. the town is a small one; everyone knows everyone, and those who are new to
                                              town are known as soon as they set foot in the valley. rustic as it may seem, the valley is
                                              a fine place to reside, and with the city only an hour or so away on horseback or by foot,
                                              the valley still manages to maintain fairly regular trade with more industrialized places.
                                              x

Omnipresent Prophet

User Image
      User Image

• tab ◥ :CEDAR VALLEY TOWN HALL
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS tab O7:OO - 21:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab MAYOR - MAIL CARRIER - OFFICER
                                                  tab tab tab User Image User Image User Image

tab ◥ :HIGHLAND INN & TAVERN
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED THURSDAYS & HOLIDAYS tab O6:OO - 22:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab OWNER - BARTENDER - MAID

tab ◥ :CEDAR VALLEY CLINIC
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS tab O8:OO - 2O:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab DOCTOR - NURSE - PATIENT

tab ◥ :MERINGUE CAFE & BAKERY
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED TUESDAYS & HOLIDAYS tab O6:OO - 18:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab OWNER - BAKER - WAITER/ESS
                                                  tab tab tab User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Omnipresent Prophet

User Image
      User Image

• tab ◥ :PALISADES GENERAL STORE
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED SATURDAYS & HOLIDAYS tab O6:OO - 21:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab CASHIER - DELIVERY GIRL - MERCHANT
                                                  tab tab tab User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

tab ◥ :CEDAR VALLEY DESIGNS
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED WEDNESDAYS & HOLIDAYS tab 1O:OO - 22:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab OWNER - SEAMSTRESS - JEWELER

tab ◥ :WHITE RIDGE FIELDS
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED FRIDAYS & HOLIDAYS tab O5:OO - 17:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab FARMER - RANCHER - HAND

tab ◥ :CEDAR VALLEY COMMUNITY
                                                  tab tab xx CLOSED VARIES & HOLIDAYS tab OO:OO - OO:OO
                                                  tab tab tab tab WIZARD - OTHER - OTHER

Omnipresent Prophet

User Image
      User Image

• tab ◥ :HIGHLAND INN ROOMS
                                              tab tab xx TWO ROOM SUITE; ONE BED ONE BATH.
                                              tab tab xx ONE BED = VERY COZY ROOMMATES?

tab tab tab tab INN ROOM ONE : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab INN ROOM TWO : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab INN ROOM THREE : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab INN ROOM FOUR : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab INN ROOM FIVE : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab INN ROOM SIX : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab INN ROOM SEVEN : RESIDENT NAME

tab ◥ :CEDAR VALLEY HOMES
                                              tab tab xx ONE TO TWO BEDROOM; FAMILY STYLE.
                                              tab tab xx ROOMMATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

tab tab tab tab CEDAR HOME ONE : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab CEDAR HOME TWO : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab CEDAR HOME THREE : RESIDENT NAME

tab ◥ :HILLSIDE TOWNHOUSES
                                              tab tab xx MULTI - BEDROOM, OPEN LAYOUT.
                                              tab tab xx ROOMMATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

tab tab tab tab TOWNHOUSE ONE : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab TOWNHOUSE TWO : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab TOWNHOUSE THREE : RESIDENT NAME

tab ◥ :SUNNYSIDE APARTMENTS
                                              tab tab xx ONE TO TWO BEDROOMS; OPEN FLOORPLAN.
                                              tab tab xx ROOMMATES DEPENDING ON APT SIZE.

tab tab tab tab APARTMENT ONE : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab APARTMENT TWO : RESIDENT NAME
                                              tab tab tab tab APARTMENT THREE : RESIDENT NAME

Omnipresent Prophet

User Image
      User Image

• tab ◥ :SEASON - WINTER
                                              tab tab xx LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW

01 tab 02 tab 03 tab 04 tab 05 tab 06 tab 07
                                                        08 tab 09 tab 10 tab 11 tab 12 tab 13 tab 14
                                                        15 tab 16 tab 17 tab 18 tab 19 tab 20 tab 21
                                                        22 tab 23 tab 24 tab 25 tab 26 tab 27 tab 28
                                                        29 tab 30 tab 31

• tab ◥ :SEASONAL EVENTS
                                              tab tab xx THINGS TO DO AROUND TOWN
                                              tab tab tab tab WINTER 03 : WISHING FESTIVAL
                                              tab tab tab tab WINTER 25 : HOLIDAY FESTIVAL
                                              tab tab tab tab WINTER 31 : NEW YEAR'S EVE

tab ◥ :VALLEY BIRTHDAYS
                                              tab tab xx HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
                                              tab tab tab tab DATE 00 : RESIDENT NAME

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff