My mother.

Bossu-san's Husband

Devoted Friend

9,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
xxxxLalaxxxx
I signed a document drawn up by my lawyer that entitled that zero possessions were to be exchanged among us. Unfortunately, in doing so, I waived my legal right to sue for those lost items. She likely sold them, plus her $1,150 engagement ring (from me), for quick money for her lazy, unemployed, welfare-leeching family (her mom thought I was wealthy because of my college degrees).

I know, hon. But try to have a Merry Christmas, okay? I'll buy you a stun-gun or machete.

Anxious Noob

derbucket
xxxxLalaxxxx

I was pretty mean, maybe abit too mean but who currrrs

I'm not very nice... and what a morals? Haha sweatdrop

Fighting American
I signed a document drawn up by my lawyer that entitled that zero possessions were to be exchanged among us. Unfortunately, in doing so, I waived my legal right to sue for those lost items. She likely sold them, plus her $1,150 engagement ring (from me), for quick money for her lazy, unemployed, welfare-leeching family (her mom thought I was wealthy because of my college degrees).

I know, hon. But try to have a Merry Christmas, okay? I'll buy a stun-gun or machete.

Haha they sound stupid. And thank you c: you have a Merry Christmas too... thinking of asking my mom for a nice knife to stick under my pillow. Or throwing knives. Or both emotion_c8

doIIy bunny
my trust in people

That was taken from me a long time ago. It sucks.

G O N G Y O N G
My faith in humanity

I lost that forever ago unfortunately.

kayko1990
My mother.

Aww I'm sorry to hear that :c I lost my grandma(who was a mother to me) from cancer a little over a year ago.
xxxxLalaxxxx
derbucket
xxxxLalaxxxx

I was pretty mean, maybe abit too mean but who currrrs

I'm not very nice... and what a morals? Haha sweatdrop

Fighting American

I know, hon. But try to have a Merry Christmas, okay? I'll buy a stun-gun or machete.

Haha they sound stupid. And thank you c: you have a Merry Christmas too... thinking of asking my mom for a nice knife to stick under my pillow. Or throwing knives. Or both emotion_c8

doIIy bunny
my trust in people

That was taken from me a long time ago. It sucks.

G O N G Y O N G
My faith in humanity

I lost that forever ago unfortunately.

kayko1990
My mother.

Aww I'm sorry to hear that :c I lost my grandma(who was a mother to me) from cancer a little over a year ago.

Ice-Cold Muse

Thank you! And I'm sorry as well

Bossu-san's Husband

Devoted Friend

9,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
xxxxLalaxxxx
And they lived in a old shanty infested with bedbugs and spiders, too. You're very welcome, honey. smile And thank you. That's a great idea; you keep a knife under your pillow, too. In fact, I keep a knife near my bed at all times. And the machete in the hallway. . . .

Shameless Hoarder

42,340 Points
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've been pretty fortunate as far as theft goes. Only two incidents that super bothered me.

The first was in high school. Someone specifically stole my binder full of major end-of-term assignments for my literature class. (I was kind of known for doing well in that class.) I didn't own a computer at the time so everything was just lost and the teacher was unsympathetic because ~obviously~ I could have avoided it by using a computer. As if that was in my control. rolleyes I had to go to multiple libraries to find the stories assigned and re-write... I think it was three or five essays in two days. I was a wreck. At least it was the tipping point in convincing my father to buy a computer.

The second was in college. I lived in a dormitory. I suffered a back injury and had serious painkillers for it, plus I have other issues. Someone got in my room and stole all my meds-- nothing else, not the CDs and DVDs, not the computer and printer, nothing. Just my medicine. It took two days of the pharmacy wrangling with the insurance company to get me replacements. Those were a very painful and weird couple of days. What burned worse was knowing that only my friends/neighbors knew I was on meds so it had to have been someone I knew. It damaged my trust.
Corinn
I've been pretty fortunate as far as theft goes. Only two incidents that super bothered me.

The first was in high school. Someone specifically stole my binder full of major end-of-term assignments for my literature class. (I was kind of known for doing well in that class.) I didn't own a computer at the time so everything was just lost and the teacher was unsympathetic because ~obviously~ I could have avoided it by using a computer. As if that was in my control. rolleyes I had to go to multiple libraries to find the stories assigned and re-write... I think it was three or five essays in two days. I was a wreck. At least it was the tipping point in convincing my father to buy a computer.

The second was in college. I lived in a dormitory. I suffered a back injury and had serious painkillers for it, plus I have other issues. Someone got in my room and stole all my meds-- nothing else, not the CDs and DVDs, not the computer and printer, nothing. Just my medicine. It took two days of the pharmacy wrangling with the insurance company to get me replacements. Those were a very painful and weird couple of days. What burned worse was knowing that only my friends/neighbors knew I was on meds so it had to have been someone I knew. It damaged my trust.
What's that in your hand, eh? A lump of snow? I'd suppose you'd have me believe it's a snow cone and that's just "Original Flavor."

Falcon8492's Waifu

Cold Human

31,875 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200
I don't know about non-material things that have been stolen from me, but my mom had a boyfriend awhile ago who had a criminal history.
She invited him to live with us knowing this.
He stole a few things from us including my PSP.
I told the police but they never did anything about it.
He was only arrested after committing some armed robbery with the guns he stole from my uncle.
Everyone thought I was crazy for not trusting him but in the end I was right and they're idiots.
Still doesn't get our stuff back though. :/
Your heart!
Er...

Anxious Noob

Corinn

Wow that'd be terrible. I've never had my classwork physically stolen but I have been copied off of. I'd likely cut someone if they stole my work and I had to do it over. As for the second thing I'm sorry heart I hope your back feels better now though? o;

Lied vom Tod
I don't know about non-material things that have been stolen from me, but my mom had a boyfriend awhile ago who had a criminal history.
She invited him to live with us knowing this.
He stole a few things from us including my PSP.
I told the police but they never did anything about it.
He was only arrested after committing some armed robbery with the guns he stole from my uncle.
Everyone thought I was crazy for not trusting him but in the end I was right and they're idiots.
Still doesn't get our stuff back though. :/

Wow, that must have been terrible. I'm sorry for your losses(I probably would have kicked him in the balls as hard as I could).

Seasfy
Your heart!
Er...

What? eek

Tipsy Fatcat

A camera and a pair of binoculars are technically the most valuable things I've had stolen. But the thing that effected me most was when I moved to a new city, and someone stole a potplant I had left on my steps. I felt like they took away the only friend I had.

Shameless Hoarder

42,340 Points
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
xxxxLalaxxxx
Corinn

Wow that'd be terrible. I've never had my classwork physically stolen but I have been copied off of. I'd likely cut someone if they stole my work and I had to do it over. As for the second thing I'm sorry heart I hope your back feels better now though? o;

See, the potential for copying bothered me but in a different way. The teacher had seen rough drafts of some of the papers and she even had me read one aloud to the class as an example. So it couldn't be passed off as someone else's work and to my knowledge no one tried. This possibly means that whoever took that binder out of my backpack was doing it for pure malice. I guess some other 15-year-old got petty about me being one of the lit teacher's favorite students. I wouldn't be surprised if the papers ended up in a storm drain or a fireplace. Back then I was a bawling, panicky wreck over it-- I ended up unable to find one of the stories and turned in the portfolio short one assignment, which knocked me down to a B. These days I might have that bawling going on in the background but I would be raaaaaaaaaging SO HARD. I'm a lot less timid at 31 than I was at 15 and much more inclined to call out bullshit. The me of today would have demanded that the teacher applied the grade she gave my rough draft which she had already read and knew to exist in place of the missing paper instead of giving me a zero for it. Being a "teacher's pet" didn't actually get you much cred with her. sweatdrop

And yes, it took a few years but my back has healed a great deal. Only certain activities bother it now, plus I have enough experience to know when my body is telling me to stop lifting things or whatever and avoid pushing myself too far. I'm very happy about that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff