Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
I don't mind random adds though I only accept them once in a blue. I had to have talked to them first. If I think the person is interesting enough, I'll either send a request or accept theirs.

Stylish Shoujo

29,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
I honestly don't mind random adds, don't know why. If I find that they're the unsavory type, or just plain inactive, I'll just remove them.

Yes, I prefer to talk to people before I add them.

23 Friends. I can recall conversations with about half of them. Yes, I clean my friend friend list every now and then. It's usually the very inactive ones that get the mop rather than the less talkative ones unless I knew them well.

Nope, and no horror stories here either.

Micherru's Significant Otter

Dulcet Wench

18,965 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I prefer to chat with people before I add them. This isn't kindergarten where it's normal to walk up to someone you don't know and decide to just be friends right there. It's only friendship if there's actually any sort of interaction. And you can chat without being friends. o.O

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
i never add people any more
i used to add people i chatted with alot, but i dont really talk with anyone anymore
there last time i added someone, they were in an rp i joined and we were plotting a whole lot
so when they sent me a request, it only felt right to accept
(otherwise the rp would get awkward quick)

as for random adds, i never get them and if i did, i'd just delete them

Dapper Puppy

I hate random adds.

Nothing is worse than someone thinking I should be friends with them for [insert asinine reason here]. Generally, I need to know and have talked to the person for awhile before I think of asking them to be a friend. Sure, sometimes I start talking to a person, and we click immediately. But I like to be cautious of it all.
Do you like random adds? If so, why? If not, what are your reasons?

Yes I do because people usually intend to speak with me after.

Do you prefer to talk to people before you add them? If not, why not?

It doesn't really matter to me.

How full is your friends list? Do you know all of them? Do you ever clean it out?

342 friends. I used to know most of them but a lot of them are probably on hiatus as well.

Do you ever meet people who get uppity because you won't add them randomly?

No, never.

Any horror funny stories about random adds?

Always get the random stalker who messages constantly and then they get added to my ignore list twisted

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300

User Image

No, because I don't need a bunch of people I have little in common with clogging up my friend's feed.
I just don't want to deal with the spam.

Always, because this isn't MySpace or Facebook where people try to get thousands of friends for no apparent reason.
I want my friends circle to remain small for a reason.

How full is your friends list? Do you know all of them? Do you ever clean it out?
I clean my list out at least every 3 months. I do know everyone on my current list well and I have old friends added for the nostalgia. I have 61 in total added.

No, but if I did I'd just add them to my block list instead.

Nope.

Tiny Shapeshifter

A long time ago, I would accept friendship adds depending on whether I've chat it up with the person before or not. These days though, I don't limit/restrict it as much. Sure, I still don't accept random adds that comes out of the blue, but I don't mind things like "I want to keep track of your item sales in MP" or "I've seen you making thoughtful posts in the forums" or "I like your outfits". I'll add them to my friend list and then get rid of them if I don't remember them when I do one of those spring cleanings of mine.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
I hate them. I'm a very personal person offline.. I don't just throw the word "friend" around willy-nilly.. So I keep to the same online.

I don't go out of my way to make friends.

47 Friends.
One page.
Going to be less because a lot of my friends quit when Gaia axed zOMG.

Yes. They always want donations and figure the best way to get that is to be my friend. Which is why I don't like making friends.

Yurik.

If you didn't play zOMG-- You wouldn't understand.. but Good God.. that kid. I never actually added him.. but he was a handful. emotion_facepalm

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
      gaia_spoons Do you like random adds? If so, why? If not, what are your reasons?
      i don't really like them?? i even have my friend requests disabled, because i used to get a ton of them and it was really quite irritating.
      if i know someone i'll enable requests for them and then turn it back off but. i haven't had to do that on a while aha.

gaia_spoons Do you prefer to talk to people before you add them? If not, why not?
      yeah. i'm quite a shy person and i'd rather have people i've spoken to, even just a little bit, on my friendslist.

gaia_spoons How full is your friends list? Do you know all of them? Do you ever clean it out?
      26 people, some of which i haven't spoken to in aaaages lmao
      i clean it out once in a blue moon, so like every six months or so?
      i should probably do it more often aha.

gaia_spoons Do you ever meet people who get uppity because you won't add them randomly?
      nah. like i said my requests are usually off, so people don't even have the ability to rando-add me.

gaia_spoons Any horror funny stories about random adds?
      nope, none from me!

Versatile Streaker

As this is an RP account, I don't usually add random cosplayers from Towns, as they're kinda notorious for not sticking with one character for more than a few days. In fact, pretty much all of my friends on here are either people I actually RP with, or their mains.

But lemme tell you a couple of horror stories.

A few months back on my main, I got a random message from someone who wanted to be my submissive. My internet submissive. I ignored the message. Then I got the same message on my RP main. Ignored it again. I'm kind of bracing myself for the message to show up here, too, but until then...

Oh, and then there's a story from about a month ago. I'm female, irl, and this character is male. I'm also really fond of dressing him up to look female, because arm and leg mods have really come a long way in making avatar gender really ambiguous. So I close out of Towns and notice I've got a message. Some dude saw me running around Towns picking up flowers and bugs and decided to try and RP-romance me via PM. As soon as the magic words were spoken, "I'm male", bro was gone like the wind. Ah, le amour.
Goes Fast
As this is an RP account, I don't usually add random cosplayers from Towns, as they're kinda notorious for not sticking with one character for more than a few days. In fact, pretty much all of my friends on here are either people I actually RP with, or their mains.

A few months back on my main, I got a random message from someone who wanted to be my submissive. My internet submissive. I ignored the message. Then I got the same message on my RP main. Ignored it again. I'm kind of bracing myself for the message to show up here, too, but until then...

Oh, and then there's a story from about a month ago. I'm female, irl, and this character is male. I'm also really fond of dressing him up to look female, because arm and leg mods have really come a long way in making avatar gender really ambiguous. So I close out of Towns and notice I've got a message. Some dude saw me running around Towns picking up flowers and bugs and decided to try and RP-romance me via PM. As soon as the magic words were spoken, "I'm male", bro was gone like the wind. Ah, le amour.
I shudder to think of why that snowball was yellow.

Fluffy Bunny

Jayce Reinhardt
I don't like Random adds, especially if they say absolutely nothing to me.
Like they just add me and expect me to know why. This isn't facebook, You don't need random adds to pad your friendslist for popularity or because you need
players for a game.

If I haven't know someone for a few months, I am sorry but just don't add me. I base my friendships on actually knowing who the hell the person is and since this is the internet you don't know if someone is crazy or some weirdo lying about their age.

My friends list isn't that full, Everyone who is on it however I have known for literally years.

I did have this one person who called me an elitist b***h who thought I was too good for anyone but in my head I was thinking "No, it's because I have no idea who the hell you are and being cautious online is a GOOD thing"
^This, all of this^

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Goes Fast

Eugh... It really bothers me when people try to force their kinks on you. I'm sorry that person continued to harass you.

The RP one made me laugh, haha. I've been asked to be people's girlfriend before and I haven't had an experience yet where the person was really upset, most take it in stride. Though I remember one guy thought he was so suave, and when I asked him how old he was, he said he was 17. When I told him my actual age, he ran for the hills. xD

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
Maaan, it feels like forever since the last time I got a friend request from out of the blue. I suppose I'm lucky that way, I can imagine it getting annoying real fast if it happened more often.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff