Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyday Smoker

42,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Do you feel the inflation helped or hurt you in cash you gained or lost and how much did you gain or lose since the inflation?

for me,i started with around 25k right before the inflation happened ,and now i got 30 billion and a shop with about 40 billion in items,i think gaia made the right decision.

not counting my current outfit cost

Everyday Smoker

42,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
but i think gaia should have though about raising prices in shops,i am shocked di cern prices are still so cheap

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
Poison_The_Well
but i think gaia should have though about raising prices in shops,i am shocked di cern prices are still so cheap

But then what about new people to Gaia who have no items to sell. How could they get lots of gold?

Oh yeah, that's right Gaia, they have to buy gold. Silly me. emotion_yatta

Everyday Smoker

42,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
n o i r i s t
Poison_The_Well

But then what about new people to Gaia who have no items to sell. How could they get lots of gold?

i never spent money on gaia,i am cheap as ********

Friendly Citizen

7,750 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
When did this start?
I returned today after over a year and suddenly everything costs billions instead of millions x.x
I currently have 4k so if i want to be able to buy something i'd have to sell stuff ofcourse. But could someone please tell me what started the inflation?

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
Poison_The_Well
n o i r i s t
Poison_The_Well

i never spent money on gaia,i am cheap as ********]

I used to give Gaia my £ but now I'm cheap too. razz Haven't spent a penny on this site in about 2 years because I don't feel it's worth it.

Zirconium -x

In a nutshell: Gaia released RIGs that gave you X amount of gold. Suddenly users were millions or billions well off, driving market prices up.

Here:
User Image

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

It helps people who have been sitting piles of old stuff. And with the right vending know how, you can probably keep up with new releases.

The problem is that though the prices are different, your "class" is still the same. If you were poor before, you're still poor. If you were rich then, you're still rich now. The gaps between are just wider.

Not only that, there's now the "super rich", that only deal in trillions and use halos, DJs, and project tickets as another currency.

Divine Streaker

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Mark Twain 100
I remember every time I hold you, my born companion...
I remember, I dismember! 'Cause the Claims Medic gives no anesthetic!

--Neither hurt nor helped, honestly, but I'm an oldbie so it seems as though my inventory has inflated with the economy. I'm pretty savvy with buying items to flip, so I personally don't feel that it's too hard to complete my quests in all honesty. I can see where it can be discouraging and difficult for newbies, though. Gaia isn't going to stop with the RIGs, so it makes no point to cry about them. A better solution would be to petition for newbies to start off with more gold and maybe put out some RIGs that you can buy for gold that don't give out a bunch of crap.

90 days delinquent gets the Repo Treatment!
From the masked horror on your street corner! Make your momma mourn you!

I'm a night surgeon!

fallenjay's Bae

Waffles

Poison_The_Well
Do you feel the inflation helped or hurt you in cash you gained or lost and how much did you gain or lose since the inflation?

for me,i started with around 25k right before the inflation happened ,and now i got 30 billion and a shop with about 40 billion in items,i think gaia made the right decision.

Everything inflated though... not proportionally to that of other items.
Some items inflated 100x their worth, while other only 10x.
in terms of gold, if you got 30bill (not counting items) in total from 25k, dont forget that those items that you could've bought back then for 25k isnt 25k anymore, it is might be worth a total of a bit less or more than 70billion.
You just think you got richer because it's 30bill but your ability to purchase certain items havent really changed

Magic Hero

oh, it hurt me for sure
because now i can't really support my buying habits with games like zOMG (50k could be made in a day, 1/10th of the cost of an EI)
now i just have to hope i get a gift or something for free i can sell

Everyday Smoker

42,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
DNA Polymerase
Poison_The_Well

Everything inflated though... not proportionally to that of other items.
Some items inflated 100x their worth, while other only 10x.
in terms of gold, if you got 30bill (not counting items) in total from 25k, dont forget that those items that you could've bought back then for 25k isnt 25k anymore, it is might be worth a total of a bit less or more than 70billion.
You just think you got richer because it's 30bill but your ability to purchase certain items havent really changed

yes i realize alot of the items have gone up but over all i have way more options on items to buy,i would say 25k back then is = to 25 million now in my view

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
I had a ton of old stuff pre-inflation and for a while I survived on that. Right now I'm sitting on 100b pure and several items 50b+ and I honestly think I'm lower middle class.

A lot of items came out during the height of the inflation that I just LOVED and quality wise every item from GS to CS was on point. For someone who cares more about pretty items than making a profit, that time was golden.

If anything inflation made it way too easy to permanently AI s**t. Like Sandman's Fault or what happened with Pale Marionette Restrung. Pale Restrung's price only started to come AFTER a s**t ton of recolors were made (not that I'm hating that).

I was poor before and I'm (somewhat) poor now, only differences is that I can afford cute items occasionally

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Since i can get free cash from video offers, it hasn't hurt me. My kitty collection has grown and while i lament not having gold, i can always get just enough for must have items. Like i'm so going to buy that white mousse recolor just as soon as i get enough gold.

Loyal Bard

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I actually wasn't aware the inflation was a thing until one day I casually looked at my My Gaia page and said, "Wait this month's CI is how much?!"

I don't really use the marketplace to begin with, save to find things to buy off the Item shops. so I wasn't too bothered by it?

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I think that the inflation effects different "wealth" classes on Gaia differently. Those who were rather wealthy prior to the inflation are probably still relatively wealthy and are able to sell old items and rebuy new items without much fuss.

Then again, those who are starting with nothing or had little prior to inflation are probably suffering the most. You used to be able to play BG for an hour, earn about 100k, and then use that to get a mid-tier item like an MC. These days? Well, even with the increases in gold grants from games, it would take a lot longer.

Essentially, the lower class and new Gaians are dependent on gifts or outright buying GC to get gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff