Welcome to Gaia! ::

Genius

I encourage everyone to take a look at this clip. I'd like to know what people think of it?

Here's the full video. I encourage everyone to watch it before contributing

Also, please stay on topic here. Discussion should be directed toward the content in the video and what is said within it, not pre-disposed opinions on the matter. I will no longer be responding to people who obviously didn't watch it, I'm looking for engaging and constructive discussion, not racism (which, as a POC, I can easily detect and do not appreciate non-POC telling me what is and isn't racist. That's just silly.)

Thoughts? smile
I got enough s**t from right wingers making me feel evil for circumstances of my birth. I don't need ******** libtards making me feel guilty for being born white either. Find another beatstick to use, I ain't handin ya one.

Genius

GSK Lives
I got enough s**t from right wingers making me feel evil for circumstances of my birth. I don't need ******** libtards making me feel guilty for being born white either. Find another beatstick to use, I ain't handin ya one.

I didn't even post this long enough ago for you to have watched the first video neutral
Poemedy
GSK Lives

I didn't even post this long enough ago for you to have watched the first video neutral

Implying I've not heard the same speeches and finger wagging about how I'm an elitist piece of crap because of my "white privilege". Save it. I don't take this kind of s**t from right wingers over my sexuality or my endeavors as a woman, why in the ******** do you think I'd take it from left wingers over my skin color?

Genius

GSK Lives

Implying I've not heard the same speeches and finger wagging about how I'm an elitist piece of crap because of my "white privilege". Save it. I don't take this kind of s**t from right wingers over my sexuality or my endeavors as a woman, why in the ******** do you think I'd take it from left wingers over my skin color?

You seem very defensive. Simply being white doesn't make you an elitist piece of s**t, refusing to realize how incredibly advantaged you are compared to people of color kind of is, tho. Not listening to the voices of people of color kind of is. As a white person, you should realize your privilege and notice how white people in the US benefit from the system in place while keeping poc down.

Male privilege and white privilege work very much in the same way, which is why white males own almost everything.

Magical Girl

GSK Lives
Poemedy
GSK Lives

We all forgot that because you're gay you can't benefit from racism.

How silly of us.

It's super weird because I'm meeeeeeega gay and I still benefit from it.
Poemedy

You seem very defensive.

I get accused of s**t I ain't responsible for, I get defensive, sunshine. I'm human.

Quote:
Simply being white doesn't make you an elitist piece of s**t, refusing to realize how incredibly advantaged you are compared to people of color kind of is, tho. Not listening to the voices of people of color kind of is.

How about people having a ******** legitimate thing to say to me, first?

Know what POC have been saying around me here lately? They've been shitting on me because of my country's ******** cartoons and cosplayers.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
HMS Thunder Child
GSK Lives
Poemedy
GSK Lives

How silly of us.

Innorite?!

Because we're not straight, we're just repressed in every way and can never ever benefit from any other kind of privilege. And oh! Sorry, she's female! YAY FREE PASS FOR RACISM!

/sarcasm (I assume you'll know that, HMS, but just in case).
HMS Thunder Child

Hey princess, how many people in the US currently demand that black people be locked up simply for being black? Because we damn near elect people in this country who want to lock people up for being gay, AND THEY GET PUBLIC SUPPORT FROM HALF THE COUNTRY FOR THE ENDEAVOUR.

Quote:
How silly of us.

Repeat; you're targeted for imprisonment if not worse because you're gay. Do tell how many public religious figures have called for all non-whites to die, let alone get elected to public offices and nationally respected think tanks.

Genius

GSK Lives

How about people having a ******** legitimate thing to say to me, first?

Know what POC have been saying around me here lately? They've been shitting on me because of my country's ******** cartoons and cosplayers.

Welp correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure a couple of hurt feelings and being annoyed by the complaints of POC is a lot less deadly than the systematic segregation and police state the targets poc in the US. I'm not really talking about you specifically when I make these generalizations but your reaction kind of proves the point I'm trying to make here.

And besides, as a non-straight woman, you should know that cis straight people benefit from cis privilege/straight privilege. You should know that men benefit from male privilege. How hard is it to understand that white people benefit from white privilege? The only difference is here is that you're on the privileged side. neutral

Genius

GSK Lives

Hey princess, how many people in the US currently demand that black people be locked up simply for being black? Because we damn near elect people in this country who want to lock people up for being gay, AND THEY GET PUBLIC SUPPORT FROM HALF THE COUNTRY FOR THE ENDEAVOUR.

Actually, a lot of people.
Black people statistically spend more time in jail than white people or light-skinned poc for the same crimes. Black people are stopped more by police. Racial profiling is legal in the United States.

Let's also mention that black victims of police brutality who are killed are often put on trial for their own murders, Eric Garner's murder was caught on 720p HD video, coroner ruled it a homicide, and the cop is still free. Not even a trial. Cases like this don't exist in a vacuum. Remember Tamir Rice. Remember John Crawford III. All of these caught on tape and the white cop got off scott free. The US gov't and justice system has been excusing white cops for killing poc for decades.

Dapper Giver

Poemedy
I encourage everyone to take a look at this clip.

Here's the full video. I encourage everyone to watch it before contributing.

Thoughts? smile

That I love you. emotion_bigheart

Conservative Poster

Poemedy
Welp correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure a couple of hurt feelings and being annoyed by the complaints of POC is a lot less deadly than the systematic segregation and police state the targets poc in the US.

Can you try an issue from this century, please?

Conservative Regular

You yanks really need to stop calling it the "white privilege" and call it what it is
Being the ethnic majority

Newbie Noob

Poemedy
As a white person, you should realize your privilege and notice how white people in the US benefit from the system in place while keeping poc down.
The man is keeping me down!

You seem to have watched a lot of videos and are good at repeating what others have said, but familiarity of a subject is not the same as being an expert at the subject. Do you have anything interesting to bring to the table?

Conforming to social expectations isn't a privilege, and being part of a majority of people who do follow and accept social expectations as part of the social contract is what makes human society work. Labeling it a privilege to follow social norms puts the blame on the individual for what is out of their control.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff