Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Definitely not.

Unless you're a person who likes pretty much all of the new items and are able to use them all - it'd pretty much be paying overpaying to have a bunch of items just sit in your inventory. You'd have to be pretty invested into avatar making to get the full value out of all those items, and the price tag would probably be at least $300.

Even if it was split up by categorical subscriptions, then Gaia would be obligated to release X amount of a certain type of item each month - and just imagine the outrage when they don't xd .

Self-sustaining Simp

Noooo. The price of a subscription like that would be out of my budget range for a start, but even if it wasn't, I've been a member of Gaia for 11 years. My inventory is already full of stuff I've collected but never use that isn't worth enough to bother selling(those RiG drops, man, argh).

I could see it being more appealing to newer members who have very little and want to build up a basic collection of arm and leg mods, etc. to build upon, but again, if it was "everything" it'd be obscenely expensive and if it was made more affordable, the items it gave out would end up being virtually worthless(because more people would sign up for it).

Magnetic Phantom

Are you a staff member posting with a dummy account?

Is this some kind of "new and exciting" idea for monetization?

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It doesn't make sense to have a time-limited "rental" feature when every item on the site is a rental smile

As to a subscription... It'd make economic sense to some folk, but economic sense probably isn't what drives the majority of sales. If there was a subscription that got you certain-set-of-items-for-the-month and was only available the first few days of the month, it might drive up the sales without everyone getting five dozen reminders about it.

Timid Conversationalist

Maikus
Catastrophic Lullaby
No - it wouldn't be in my budget and the site takes too much money from me already when I can spare some.

Yea, but the idea is to make it better fit peoples budget. They could easily make a variety of different tiered subscriptions that vary in pricing to better meet peoples needs.

If anything it would be cheaper than buying each item individually.
The problem with that is that I do like buying some items individually because I may only want one out of five or six items offered... I just think the items are overpriced :/

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
It doesn't sound like the best idea to me. A user would most likely lose money on a subscription unless they were genuinely wanting most of the items offered during the period. I'd rather just spend the GC on the random 2-3 items I want about every 6 months.

Plus, just think of all of the problems Gaia would have with what types of items they would choose to put out. Users who didn't agree would get soooo butt hurt. It would be a mess.

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

That doesn't sound bad, actually. Someone already said it, but I would like to put what colors I like and what artists and maybe themes, but that last one might be hard. Like, I wouldn't want many if any of the Rosamund re-colors.

Would $150 a year be too high or too low? I don't know what price I would put on it.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Well it might be expensive but it might be worth it for the like... five people who get it.
As long as it's a good deal.
Maybe you can opt out of some items and just get cash or something instead if you feel like it?
Nah too complicated.

Or maybe you could just be like "I'd like all of this months items please." without a subscription.

I don't buy cash at all though so you shouldn't ask me.

Man-Hungry Bear

Don't give them ideas.

Buggy Punk

Nope. My tastes are fickle and I'd get annoyed with my inventory getting cluttered with stuff I didn't want and having to sell them.

And I wouldn't trust them not to spend the money on some harebrained scheme like tentacl.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Not really, sure I could sell the things I don't want but a lot of perks Gaia has including AutoCash, GCash discounts, and coupons only apply to those who use PayPal or credit cards which many people, including myself, don't use/don't have access to and I can sadly see this as a "PayPal or Credit Card Only" offer. If I could use my collection of Zeevex cards to buy the subscription then I'll jump right in depending on the price but if you need PayPal or a credit card, then no thanks.

Perfect Saint

I would also like to pick what I get.

Technically, all the items we 'buy' are 'rented' so it's some sort of subscription. ninja

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Maikus
along side the gold subscription.

What gold subscription?

A one time fee that would encompass a full year of items would be a substantial cost that few people could afford.
Gaia also has a tendency to be severely overpriced for what they deliver on some items, not to mention the frequent item glitches.
I think they would have issues either way, with a one-time fee, or a subscription.

Subscription based games typically deliver everything they promise, and if things go wrong it's addressed and fixed within the first few hours or even less.
There are a great many on site problems currently existing that Gaia needs to fix first before they could offer a subscription service with any reasonable expectation of keeping subscribers happy and re-subscribing.

Bottom line: No, I would not pay for something like that unless a huge overhaul to the site was made.

Demonic Lover

EW I WOULD DISLIKE THAT DX
They would make subscription exclusives and I would have to find a way to temporarily own the cool stuff they would make the artists do :C what's wrong with the current system?, I love our LQIs and CIs and direct releases...

Gracious Muse

16,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

I think it's a good idea on paper but it probably wouldn't be as popular upon release. The price on that service would surely be hefty.
If there were a choice of between CIs, Bundles, Cash Shop items etc. (assuming LQIs are off-limits) then it could work.
But still, that price.

gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas