Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,875 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
It was awful. All I could think when I saw it was,"Wow so much pandering."
Meowington-Flash

oh yeah well i think the network wouldn't allow them to do that cause in this day and age this would cause huge issues with parents and such which i dont see why but either way they did well with pointing out the way they could.

Mission Hill had two dudes making out on screen for a good 30 seconds sixteen years ago.

What exactly does Nickelodeon have to worry about in the age when Gay rights are enjoying an unprecedented surge in support and social conservatives are on the run?

IMO, it's a weak excuse for typical "We'll imply it and confirm it after the fact and people will hail us as revolutionaries even though we don't actually address the issue in the source material."
I didn't like it. The ending with Kuvira was highly anti-climatic as she completely changes after being beaten becoming passive for some reason. I also didn't like korasami. It just felt rushed and out of the blue. if they wanted Korra to be a lesbian that's fine just don't go last minute 'o yh korra had these feelings all along' when they were only developed in series 4 and they weren't even developed very well. I didnt hate season 4 but it was defiantly the weakest. My personal favorite is season 1

High-functioning Consumer

8,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
I didn't see korrasami coming at all, I think it was a little forced but hey I don't mind I'm bi myself.
I wish it would continue but I know its gotta end because by tradition there only four chapters to every avatar: air, fire, water and earth which they throw out between a series of hardships like how korra had four bad guys: among, zaheer and the red lotus, kurvira and tarrlok with vaatu.

*cough, cough* I'm hoping they will make a series with the next avatar whom I'm assuming will be born in the earth kingdom. (If my old knowledge hasn't failed me)

Enduring Gaian

Doji Boy
Meowington-Flash
Doji Boy
chamomile-crush
They are bisexual. not lesbians just saying. it's a shame they couldn't do what they really wanted to with the show it could have been so much better.

What did they really want to do?

Well alot of people were complaining about how there wan't much indication for the relationship between korra and asami. if they were allowed they couldv'e actually showed their progressing feelings toward each other in a more obvious/romantic. also they had a major budget cut on book four hence the "clip" episode. It was a fantastic show and i love it regardless.

oh yeah well i think the network wouldn't allow them to do that cause in this day and age this would cause huge issues with parents and such which i dont see why but either way they did well with pointing out the way they could.

Yeah, the creators said publicly after the finale aired that they made the whole thing as obvious as they were permitted to. It wasn't even meant to be 'up to interpretation' - they paralleled the wedding scene specifically.

Romance was downplayed in general in season 3 & 4 - and thank goodness because it was so sloppily set up in season 1 & 2 that it's difficult to call Mako and Korra's relationship romantic. But if you watch, it was pretty obvious for the final two seasons that Korra's most developed and closest relationships on the show were with Tenzin and Asami, and Tenzin faded as Asami grew closer. Korra and Asami were close and their romantic feelings implied since their season 3 reunion, and in the letters to each other. So, saying there was "no basis" is kind of funny from certain people. It had a better basis than Korra and Mako, who were just thrown together in what appeared to be physical attraction before they really knew each other (an execution problem, to be sure). I mean, a guy and girl are in the same scenes getting along and that's a "basis", but two girls are the same and suddenly people need more proof?

But overall I'm really pleased with the fact that the Korra/Asami thing has been so widely accepted. It really was the cherry on top of a show that started out lackluster (writing issues) and simply blossomed by the final season.

For anyone who has not read the official statements:

Bryan Konietzko: http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/105916338157/korrasami-is-canon-you-can-celebrate-it-embrace

Michael Dante DiMartino: http://michaeldantedimartino.tumblr.com/post/105916326500/korrasami-confirmed-now-that-korra-and-asamis

Shy Star

I really enjoyed Legend of Korra, but not quite as much as I enjoyed Last Airbender. People keep saying that Korra/Asami came out of nowhere, but I could see that coming from the beginning of Season 3.
Had one of them been a dude, everyone would have seen it coming.
User Image

Clean Gaian

i love it :cat _3nod:
I enjoyed it. Itw as'nt Deusexmachina like books 2 and 3.
I loved and hated parts of the ending.

Hiroshi brought back to give Asami angst when he died. Boooo. Hell he never really even apologized even to her friends that he endangered before.

Kuvira. Ah it's okay to be a dictator as long as you have a tragic backstory. They didn't try that with the others even when tragic stories were given like with Amon (whose story was way sadder than hers). Plus Bataar Jr got off scott free?

Asami and Korra as a couple was great and made sense even when watching initially, though it's also miss able if you don't pay close attention or view them as only friends.

The Varrick Zhu Li marriage was eh.

7,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
It made me so happy! I cried and freaked out because it was just so amazing. : ] I think it helped so many lesbian, gay, and bisexual people out there, me included. I can't wait until the graphic novel comes out! ♥
I loved the ending but at the same time I really wished Bryke would've just gone the full mile and had Korrasami kiss! I know Nickelodeon was being a complete a** about the whole series. But I'm super excited to see the comics being released! I'm ready for some much needed Korrasami luvin'.
I don't even watch this show but Damm, Asami is slammin. I'd bang anyday f'real yo. No jk.
I like all episodes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces