Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Grabber

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
Just wanted to get people's thoughts on the ending of season 4? I personally liked it a lot, wish it would continue though.

Aged Codger

It was really gay.

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
Alkaide
It was really gay.

emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

I certainly appreciated the gay ending. Who woulda thunk that they would go so far as imply a lesbian relationship like that?

Friendly Grabber

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
jamilee-nicole
Alkaide
It was really gay.

emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

I certainly appreciated the gay ending. Who woulda thunk that they would go so far as imply a lesbian relationship like that?

I have to say it was something i didn't expect but still a great way to leave it off.
The ending was fine. I'm less sure about the accusations by the fandom that's it's a confirmed pairing though. I certainly didn't feel the show was trying to push it at all throughout it's life time, but tbf I also wasn't projecting what I wanted out of the show onto the tiniest details.
I like the part with Korra and the lama.
I liked that Korra and Asami's relationship can be seen as either just a strong friendship or something more. The ending left it open for both interpretations.

Sweet Crys's Husband

Magical Shoujo

10,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TuckyX
I liked that Korra and Asami's relationship can be seen as either just a strong friendship or something more. The ending left it open for both interpretations.

It's been confirmed as a romantic relationship. I'm happy with how everything ended.
Bleshoo
TuckyX

It's been confirmed as a romantic relationship. I'm happy with how everything ended.

Yeah, but the creators confirming their relationship is similar to when JK Rowling said that Dumbledore was gay. Sure, there were hints to Korra and Asami's growing closeness throughout the series, but nothing that couldn't also be seen as a close friendship. Now, being a Nick series, Michael and Bryan probably felt that this was the closest they could actually get to showing Korra and Asami's true relationship without Nick pulling the plug. Which is why we got such an ambiguous ending. The confirmation is nice though. It's a step forward to equality, and that's still pretty cool.
Funnily enough I wrote Korrasami into my essay sort of by accident and it ended up being canon. xd

Distinct Prophet

6,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
Well, I don't mind gays, I just think Korra and Asami weren't really meant to be. I didn't like it. I was hoping for makorra (not super crazy bout it) OR for her to be an independent woman.

Divine Cat

5,550 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
They are bisexual. not lesbians just saying. it's a shame they couldn't do what they really wanted to with the show it could have been so much better.

Friendly Grabber

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
chamomile-crush
They are bisexual. not lesbians just saying. it's a shame they couldn't do what they really wanted to with the show it could have been so much better.

What did they really want to do?

Divine Cat

5,550 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Doji Boy
chamomile-crush

Well alot of people were complaining about how there wan't much indication for the relationship between korra and asami. if they were allowed they couldv'e actually showed their progressing feelings toward each other in a more obvious/romantic. also they had a major budget cut on book four hence the "clip" episode. It was a fantastic show and i love it regardless.

Friendly Grabber

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
Meowington-Flash
Doji Boy
chamomile-crush

Well alot of people were complaining about how there wan't much indication for the relationship between korra and asami. if they were allowed they couldv'e actually showed their progressing feelings toward each other in a more obvious/romantic. also they had a major budget cut on book four hence the "clip" episode. It was a fantastic show and i love it regardless.

oh yeah well i think the network wouldn't allow them to do that cause in this day and age this would cause huge issues with parents and such which i dont see why but either way they did well with pointing out the way they could.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff