Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should I move out?

Yes! 0.71428571428571 71.4% [ 5 ]
No- suck it up, princess. 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
< 1 2

Human Garbage

pallbearer
I have news for you, sweets. Most apartments don't have a washer and a dryer in the unit. I've lived in a place for 2 years without air conditioning and with only central heating controlled by the building. Those things are privileges.

You're not going to convince me that you can afford a new down payment on a nicer place, moving trucks, pet rent, etc...but that you can't afford $20 a month on a laundromat.

Don't make assumptions as to what I can or can't afford. You don't know my situation.
First of all, I came here with nothing but the clothes on my back. Ergo, no moving trucks.
Also, after the down payment I put down on the cat, he doesn't want pet rent.
And again, there is no heating/AC in the unit at all. He shut both off because he just doesn't want to have to deal with that.
And furthermore, I can't just up and afford to put a new down payment down. I will have to save my money for months for that.
Before you go about making judgement calls, read the original post.

Enduring Phantom

La Cantarella
pallbearer
I have news for you, sweets. Most apartments don't have a washer and a dryer in the unit. I've lived in a place for 2 years without air conditioning and with only central heating controlled by the building. Those things are privileges.

You're not going to convince me that you can afford a new down payment on a nicer place, moving trucks, pet rent, etc...but that you can't afford $20 a month on a laundromat.

Don't make assumptions as to what I can or can't afford. You don't know my situation.
First of all, I came here with nothing but the clothes on my back. Ergo, no moving trucks.
Also, after the down payment I put down on the cat, he doesn't want pet rent.
And again, there is no heating/AC in the unit at all. He shut both off because he just doesn't want to have to deal with that.
And furthermore, I can't just up and afford to put a new down payment down. I will have to save my money for months for that.
Before you go about making judgement calls, read the original post.

I did read the first post, how you didn't make enough money and ended up homeless and apparently live somewhere where most people can't afford a laundromat and how it's a blessing that they took your service animal because most places wouldn't and so on

My comments still stand. You said it yourself- "Suck it up, princess." I literally think your expectations compared to your income are too high. Most low income places do not have washers and dryers, A/C, allow pets, etc. Maybe it's just my area but what you're describing is not at all uncommon, people learn to live with it. You'll have to pay a lot more for those extra amenities.

And I was referring to pet rent at the new place, not the current place.

Noble Gaian

9,750 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Friendly 100
I find it interesting that you only have washer but no dryer..There should be a set if not he should allow you to dry your stuff. Also, You could take him to court for what he is doing or refuse to pay rent. Heck, here where I live..they keep the heat on for elderly until after winter if one can't pay. But like I said take him to court or find different ways to get him to realize he need to be fixing and repair things. Landlord are forced to fix things if you get the government involved

Celebrating Reveler

The washer and drier is one thing. Unfortunately, the reality of low-income living a lot of the time is living without convenient laundry facilities. Find someone you know and ask very nicely to borrow theirs, or even hand wash things in the bathtub, that's what I do, and it works out okay for me.

However, not having proper functioning heating/ac and plumbing is completely another thing altogether. I'm not sure how it works where you are, but I'm willing to bet that it is illegal for your landlord not to provide proper heating and plumbing.

Do your best to find a new place to move, but if that's not an option, tell him that what he's doing is unethical, and quite possibly illegal. If that doesn't do anything, report him to authorities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff