Welcome to Gaia! ::

its that clock's Husband

Dapper Loiterer

11,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
I used to watch random YouTube Poop videos (stuff like Michael Rosen videos and that). Now I mostly watch Let's Play videos by Nerd³, Dad³ and Retsupurae.

As a smaller channel who knows how much of a pain it is to get noticed, I do give some smaller channels a try.

I guess it would be easier to say what I don't like. Basically, channels with face camming and constant over reactions.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
When I go on YouTube, I usually watch/listen to music of songs that I don't have on iTunes/saved on my phone yet. Sometimes I watch a comedy video my friend sends me or ads for a Hellraiser fan site I'm part of.

When it comes to channels, I'm not very picky. If you have what I'm looking for, then I watch it. Even though I'm 20 and spend all day online, I'm very out of touch with who's popular. The only "YouTuber" I follow is Anthony Vincent (10 Second Songs). He oozes talent, even when he posted a video with him featuring a few raw versions (no music, no vocal effects) of the styles he did for his Problem cover, I was impressed with his vocal capabilities.

His first video (Dark Horse) and one of my favorites are in the spoiler.

I would post more but sometimes videos don't like to load (at least for me) on Gaia. Plus he's donating all of his ad revenue from his All I Want For Christmas is You cover in December and January to a charity that promotes music programs in schools.

For genre, I usually go for metal or electronic/techno.

Fashionable Prophet

Mr Nutt se
I used to watch random YouTube Poop videos (stuff like Michael Rosen videos and that). Now I mostly watch Let's Play videos by Nerd³, Dad³ and Retsupurae.

As a smaller channel who knows how much of a pain it is to get noticed, I do give some smaller channels a try.

I guess it would be easier to say what I don't like. Basically, channels with face camming and constant over reactions.

^u^ Yay small-tubers! Sadly our genres are very different. I don't know why, but I find it really hard to get into the gaming side of YouTube. What draws you to it so strongly, if I may ask??

its that clock's Husband

Dapper Loiterer

11,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
xSOULTRINKETx
Mr Nutt se

^u^ Yay small-tubers! Sadly our genres are very different. I don't know why, but I find it really hard to get into the gaming side of YouTube. What draws you to it so strongly, if I may ask??

I guess I'm just really into gaming. Mind you, when it comes to Let's Play videos you tend to be there for the person playing it more than the game itself.
I actually mainly use youtube for music, though with my boyfriend I often watch gaming channels like Pewdiepie and the completionist.
or just random top 10 videos (to name something) or gross food videos

Fashionable Prophet

Mr Nutt se
xSOULTRINKETx
Mr Nutt se

I guess I'm just really into gaming. Mind you, when it comes to Let's Play videos you tend to be there for the person playing it more than the game itself.

Ah, true. So far the only let's plays I've enjoyed were ones done by close friends or youtubers I had already been following who then went on to do gaming channels (like Hank Green). I think it's a great genre, though! It's very personal in a lot of cases.

Fashionable Prophet

St V-Starr
When I go on YouTube, I usually watch/listen to music of songs that I don't have on iTunes/saved on my phone yet. Sometimes I watch a comedy video my friend sends me or ads for a Hellraiser fan site I'm part of.

When it comes to channels, I'm not very picky. If you have what I'm looking for, then I watch it. Even though I'm 20 and spend all day online, I'm very out of touch with who's popular. The only "YouTuber" I follow is Anthony Vincent (10 Second Songs). He oozes talent, even when he posted a video with him featuring a few raw versions (no music, no vocal effects) of the styles he did for his Problem cover, I was impressed with his vocal capabilities.

I would post more but sometimes videos don't like to load (at least for me) on Gaia. Plus he's donating all of his ad revenue from his All I Want For Christmas is You cover in December and January to a charity that promotes music programs in schools.

Ooohhhh!!!!!! I like ^u^ *sparkles*
This might be a stretch, but if you don't mind other languages (Russian) and songs mostly about Neo-Slavic gods and stuff, then maybe, MAYBE, you might like a band called Arkona. My suggested first listening is the song Goi Rode Goi. No pressure, though ^u^
Thank you for sharing! I've just added yet another channel to my already way too big list of isht that shows up in my magicky video feed.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
xSOULTRINKETx
St V-Starr

Ooohhhh!!!!!! I like ^u^ *sparkles*
This might be a stretch, but if you don't mind other languages (Russian) and songs mostly about Neo-Slavic gods and stuff, then maybe, MAYBE, you might like a band called Arkona. My suggested first listening is the song Goi Rode Goi. No pressure, though ^u^
Thank you for sharing! I've just added yet another channel to my already way too big list of isht that shows up in my magicky video feed.

You're welcome and I'll have to check them out later. I don't mind other non-English singers since I'm a big fan of the Norwegian Black Metal scene and I really like German techno/metal bands like Rammstein, Blutengel, and Terminal Choice, plus for some odd reason I cannot get enough of either scene during the winter. I wouldn't mind adding some Russian to the mix. XD

Fashionable Prophet

Truculent Daughter
I actually mainly use youtube for music, though with my boyfriend I often watch gaming channels like Pewdiepie and the completionist.

I love using YouTube for music. Pandora is great and all, but sometimes it just doesn't get me. YouTube, on the other hand, always knows what I want to listen to (mostly because everything is bookmarked and waiting to be clicked!
Speaking of gross food; Emma Blackery recently did a video where she ate whatever gross combinations of yuck that people would never eat themselves. It was... rough to watch razz
xSOULTRINKETx
Truculent Daughter

I love using YouTube for music. Pandora is great and all, but sometimes it just doesn't get me. YouTube, on the other hand, always knows what I want to listen to (mostly because everything is bookmarked and waiting to be clicked!
Speaking of gross food; Emma Blackery recently did a video where she ate whatever gross combinations of yuck that people would never eat themselves. It was... rough to watch razz

Haha yeah, they often also have good recommendations on youtube, unless you log on somewhere else and forget to log out (suddenly my yt was full of gross vids, real gross vids... and of course gaming vids, my boyfriend watches some weird s**t XD)
gonna look that one up now I am curious x3

Ruthless Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
i usually watch funny videos with cats and/ or dogs
but occasionally i watch makeup tutorials to see the humongous differences that makeup makes on ppl and amaze myself and dota 2 related videos

Fashionable Prophet

Truculent Daughter
xSOULTRINKETx
Truculent Daughter

Haha yeah, they often also have good recommendations on youtube, unless you log on somewhere else and forget to log out (suddenly my yt was full of gross vids, real gross vids... and of course gaming vids, my boyfriend watches some weird s**t XD)
gonna look that one up now I am curious x3

Ah the wonders of sharing a computer! Luckily I avoid that at all costs ^u^

Fashionable Prophet

sakura-aneki
i usually watch funny videos with cats and/ or dogs
but occasionally i watch makeup tutorials to see the humongous differences that makeup makes on ppl and amaze myself and dota 2 related videos

I love the way makeup can completely change a person's appearance. If you're good enough at it, you can do better work than a cosmetic surgeon!! My boyfriend's a makeup artist, actually O_O He's really good at it for someone who's as new to it as he is. Hell, he's really good at it compared to some people I know who have been doing it their whole lives!
Typically I watch review channels (Cinefix, Ask Mojo, Screen Junkies, Jack Stickman, CountJackulaShow), let's players (TheRPGMinx, Markiplier, Game Grumps, Roosterteeth, Daz Games), and old commercials (80sCommercialVault).

Sometimes vloggers. More recently special effects make-up channels, namely Pinkstylist.
I usually just watch music videos or listen to music. I watch some gameplays and some DIY videos sometimes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff