Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ratttking
x-Garethp-x
Christ, the US wants to tax you when you earn money living outside of the US and they want to tax you money if you no longer want to be America. Such bullshit
It is pretty sad, yet makes me wonder why so many wealthy people from Commonwealth and EU countries choose to move here to escape the high taxes they would be subject to in their native lands. We did end up with 3 out of 4 Beatles, you know. mrgreen

Hm, I did not know that. Now that I think about it, I don't actually know much about taxation in the US. Just that Americans tend to complain about how much you guys get taxed

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
x-Garethp-x
Ratttking
x-Garethp-x
Christ, the US wants to tax you when you earn money living outside of the US and they want to tax you money if you no longer want to be America. Such bullshit
It is pretty sad, yet makes me wonder why so many wealthy people from Commonwealth and EU countries choose to move here to escape the high taxes they would be subject to in their native lands. We did end up with 3 out of 4 Beatles, you know. mrgreen

Hm, I did not know that. Now that I think about it, I don't actually know much about taxation in the US. Just that Americans tend to complain about how much you guys get taxed
Well, that might because some of the main reasons we revolted were against excessive taxation and rights relating to how taxes were assessed. Here's a brief history of taxation in the US:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html

You know, when I first heard the Beatles' song "Taxman" I thought George was exaggerating when he had the taxman say "there's one for you, nineteen for me" and was appalled to find out he was telling the truth, they really had to pay 95% of their income to the Crown. It's less now, but still much higher than it would be for an American in the highest tax bracket.
Ratttking
x-Garethp-x
Ratttking
x-Garethp-x

Well, that might because some of the main reasons we revolted were against excessive taxation and rights relating to how taxes were assessed. Here's a brief history of taxation in the US:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html

You know, when I first heard the Beatles' song "Taxman" I thought George was exaggerating when he had the taxman say "there's one for you, nineteen for me" and was appalled to find out he was telling the truth, they really had to pay 95% of their income to the Crown. It's less now, but still much higher than it would be for an American in the highest tax bracket.

I just looked at your tax brackets, that's... really ridiculously cheap. You need to be earning $90k to hit the 30% mark? Wow. I like Britain's tax rates, they're roughly similar to Australia's, and it seems rather reasonable all around

Chatty Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I'd just refuse to pay it.

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
that's really a shame wasn't this country called the land of the Free what happened with that saying if your just going 2 tax every that leaves.
Cosmic Rena
that's really a shame wasn't this country called the land of the Free what happened with that saying if your just going 2 tax every that leaves.

The only time America was actually free was before the Europeans settled here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff