Welcome to Gaia! ::

xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax
Logging in every day for the Daily Chance and Buying from the gold shops (finding those cheaper items) as well as searching the mp for cheap but cool items is part of "doing stuff" on Gaia. When you're a newbie you explore everything, you learn through trial and error what provides gold and you grind it (reason zOMG was so popular).

As someone who finds new stuff all the time, You get addicted. So that daily login is going to count for something. And making a game of running around Gaia in search of gold was and is still a thing.

If you're so lazy as a newbie that you don't even click tabs and find out stuff while getting the help from guilds and forums if you search for it... and you still can't find cheap stuff or ways to get maybe not the cash shop items but at least some decent items from the mp or gold shops... then you're clearly doing it wrong xD

It's not as hard as you think. Unwanted RIG items are pretty cheap.

butlike; you join the site for the community,
for your common interests- and finding people to talk about them with,
the clothing is just cosmetics, but it's still a way to express yourself and what you like through your avatar,
and i know for sure that i would be put off by seeing x-amount of numbers on an item i don't feel would be worth very much in any other game/ in a game

LMAO! No I joined because of the nice avatars and I wanted to make cool ones using the gold I found around the site. Community had nothing to do with it for a LONG time. You're dead wrong there buddy xD

wow, that's so sad in a way _xD

Depends on how you look at it. I didn't need community when I joined Gaia. I already had it. A bunch of friends and I joined at the same time. So who's situation is sad. Yours, so in need of community that you wandered onto a site for it or mine, in which I already had it and acquired another pleasure?

Knead? What YOU knead are some more lessons. But there's hope for you yet!
I agree! It's absolutely delicious. I couldn't do a better job myself. Well, I could of course, but you understand the turn of phrase.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax
Logging in every day for the Daily Chance and Buying from the gold shops (finding those cheaper items) as well as searching the mp for cheap but cool items is part of "doing stuff" on Gaia. When you're a newbie you explore everything, you learn through trial and error what provides gold and you grind it (reason zOMG was so popular).

As someone who finds new stuff all the time, You get addicted. So that daily login is going to count for something. And making a game of running around Gaia in search of gold was and is still a thing.

If you're so lazy as a newbie that you don't even click tabs and find out stuff while getting the help from guilds and forums if you search for it... and you still can't find cheap stuff or ways to get maybe not the cash shop items but at least some decent items from the mp or gold shops... then you're clearly doing it wrong xD

the clothing is just cosmetics, but it's still a way to express yourself and what you like through your avatar,
and i know for sure that i would be put off by seeing x-amount of numbers on an item i don't feel would be worth very much in any other game/ in a game

LMAO! No I joined because of the nice avatars and I wanted to make cool ones using the gold I found around the site. Community had nothing to do with it for a LONG time. You're dead wrong there buddy xD

Depends on how you look at it. I didn't need community when I joined Gaia. I already had it. A bunch of friends and I joined at the same time. So who's situation is sad. Yours, so in need of community that you wandered onto a site for it or mine, in which I already had it and acquired another pleasure?

Isn't that why a lot of us joined. When I first saw a logo for Gaia over twelve years ago I was like "Meh another forum based community. There are hundreds of those out there." And I was part of a few. Then I saw some of my friends avatars and was "Oh I gotta try that," And joined.

Royal Librarian

16,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Librarian 500
Spacebabie76
xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax

Isn't that why a lot of us joined. When I first saw a logo for Gaia over twelve years ago I was like "Meh another forum based community. There are hundreds of those out there." And I was part of a few. Then I saw some of my friends avatars and was "Oh I gotta try that," And joined.

I would take you back to what I said about the avatars and already having friends. A combo of both got me into Gaia and is the reason I stay.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
xReilinax

t'was actually thanks to my brother,
i noticed he was in towns, had my first look on gaiaonline through there, and figured i'd join,
i've never been one to join or search for many communities though, so i wouldn't know about all the other options at the time ^^-

Smitten Kitten

28,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
I'm going to back up what others have said in the 'back in my day...' trend, even though I'm an '06 user and there were still a decent amount of ways to make gold. I would say now, it's even easier for a new user to obtain items from the gold shops than in the past, given the increased payouts in the DC and posting. What newer users need is a guiding hand if they get frustrated and if they can't ask for help in learning the ropes to get even gold shop items, that's their business and I don't really care at that point. It's harsh and probably because I'm not super-involved in the Gaia community, but that's my logic.

Granted, that's referring to gold shop items. Yes, pricier stuff from the CS is hella hard to pick up without investing in the site, but it sort of always has been. I'm not super-knowledgeable in how much harder it is to quest as I haven't actively quested much in the last year or so, but back in the day, unless you could really play the market like a boss, you still had to work your a** off whether it was posting, poll-whoring, rating stuff in the arenas, shaking up shiz in Towns, or playing Slots and Cards to get tickets to sell, it was still hard. It's harder now, yes, I will admit that much, but it's never been super-simple and easy. There have always been at least a handful of highly desirable items that take a lot of time and work to get. Thousands turned to millions and millions turned to billions. The fact that someone can make what was it? 80-some-million without really any effort is still pretty decent.
Now if one extends their time into playing games like Tiles or Fishing... One Ticket sells for roughly 40k at the current average. Ten Tickets would be 400k. One hundred Tickets would be 4mil. One thousand tickets 40mil. And so on and so forth. It's just an example, but Tiles, for instance, isn't the hardest game around at least in my opinion. Completing up to the fourth level of an 'Expert' game will give 300 tickets. Yes, it's still work, but it's something and it's approximately 5 minutes of your time if you learn the game and know how to work it.

Bottom line, gold shop stuff is still 100% affordable even with raised prices implemented. Pricy stuff will always be pricy.
Gaia should, however, take a more active role in terms of removing gold gens as 'Buyer Beware' is not working. Inflation is insane, calm as I may be about the whole matter.

Garbage Friend

All this inflation has caused the amount of zeros to spiral out of control
I can't really even understand how much stuff on the MP costs anymore
I give up counting after the 11th zero
gonk

Intergalactic Sweetheart

xReilinax
Spacebabie76
xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax

I would take you back to what I said about the avatars and already having friends. A combo of both got me into Gaia and is the reason I stay.

I was agreeing with you. I tend to get annoyed when people make good constructive thread about avatars and not enough gold shop items in the GS updates and how it is getting harder to dress up and some holier than thou hypocrite chimes in with "Gaia is about the forum and community not about the avatars." while they have an avatar decked out in expensive cash shop items.

Royal Librarian

16,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Librarian 500
Spacebabie76
xReilinax
Spacebabie76
xReilinax
Konani_NTH
xReilinax

I was agreeing with you. I tend to get annoyed when people make good constructive thread about avatars and not enough gold shop items in the GS updates and how it is getting harder to dress up and some holier than thou hypocrite chimes in with "Gaia is about the forum and community not about the avatars." while they have an avatar decked out in expensive cash shop items.

Lol yeah so true. If anything Gaia has been trying at least lately to make it easier for Newbies to make gold. But Gaia has and always will be about the Avatars to me at least lol Otherwise it's just a random forum site.

Otherworldly Comrade

19,065 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Yeah, but you can easily get enough money to afford most new gold shop items (with exception to Loyal's) by collecting daily chances (especially if you get charms or ink and sell those), fishing, catching insects in Towns, playing Booty Grab, even posting in the forums!

Mega Borg

13,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
I cried after I came back from a year long hiatus.....I was all like "What the what?!?!?!?!?!?!". Im not used to it now Ill see that I have over 1 mil and get excited and then I realize I still cant buy sweet things... gonk

Our lives

Mega Borg

13,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
Aria_Of_The_Shadows
Yeah, but you can easily get enough money to afford most new gold shop items (with exception to Loyal's) by collecting daily chances (especially if you get charms or ink and sell those), fishing, catching insects in Towns, playing Booty Grab, even posting in the forums!
If you have enough time....which I suppose you do if you're logging on.

Also I havent logged on enough since being off the site for a year, how much do things in Loyal's cost?

Otherworldly Comrade

19,065 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hyunah
Aria_Of_The_Shadows

Also I havent logged on enough since being off the site for a year, how much do things in Loyal's cost?

It depends on the item. Some things are around 100k, some are in the 100 mils (backwings, etc.) and the better items are in the billions, like items with multiple poses that are similar to cash shop items.

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Konani_NTH
Cursed Fable
What needs to be done and it's been said many times to solve the inflation crisis is that users need to stop using gold gens, Gaia needs to stop selling them for more than 5 days like before and there needs to be a REAL gold sink and not as I have a tissue calls them gold traps.

Otherwise I don't see this economy ever being healed. Call me a pessimist but unless all of that's done inflation is going to forever continue.

Like the song says: It goes on and on and on.

-...i wonder if one could hire hackers to disable the gold generators from being sold for cash emotion_kirakira

i mean- gaiaonline already has that damned 20,000 dollar ticket for something they sold during black friday, it's not like they don't have enough money from cash purchases already -_-

Doubting anyone bought that. If someone knows otherwise, feel free to correct me. Gaia is doing horrible as a business, at least considering how desperate they come off with all of the cash pushes, advertisements and flash sales. Also I'm guessing they've lost a lot of money off of ad revenue considering they are trying to bribe us to stop using adblock. =_=; I wouldn't be surprised if s**t is hitting the fan for them.

Honestly, at this point, I may trust hackers more than I trust the people currently running things.

Mega Borg

13,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
Aria_Of_The_Shadows
Hyunah
Aria_Of_The_Shadows

It depends on the item. Some things are around 100k, some are in the 100 mils (backwings, etc.) and the better items are in the billions, like items with multiple poses that are similar to cash shop items.
Oh ok, I cant wait to see them....
I like multiple pose items it just matters if I can bear to spend the gold on it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff