Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
What the hell of a solution is it to increase the prices of existing items in the gold shops,
through hail and snow those items have retained their price for more than 7 years,
and now you just slap on a couple of more zeros due to THE INFLATION which you have caused?

SERIOUSLY!

new people won't have the gold to spend even in shops

just LEAVE the old items alone and increase the pricetag on NEW items!

!!!NO ONE CAN BUY ANYTHING ANY MORE!!!

i feel so incredibly sorry for new people to this site,
why did they come here,
what do they get for joining this place,
how many will suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome after visiting something as simple and plain as the gold-shops, where even a pair of old and bland shoes are more than 50,000, shoes which used to be.... what, 5,000?

Feisty Shapeshifter

23,490 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
They could always go play a game of booty grab, not to be dismissive of the current situation of course. I gave it ago for the first time in a long time after the pay increase, and on junky tanks where I can collect only about 100 gold, the payout was about 50k a go.

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Konani_NTH

They have ... but now, even with the increase of prices in the gold shops, there are many ways that new people can make gold. Wish those were around when I first started. Increases in the DC, in some of the old games (with promise of more to come), pretty much taking the nerf off Booty Grab and increasing the site surf amounts and posting amounts.

EDIT: In posting this reply, I just got 2,734 gold. A lot better then the 125 from before.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Dorian_Archer
Konani_NTH

They have ... but now, even with the increase of prices in the gold shops, there are many ways that new people can make gold. Wish those were around when I first started. Increases in the DC, in some of the old games (with promise of more to come), pretty much taking the nerf off Booty Grab and increasing the site surf amounts and posting amounts.

EDIT: In posting this reply, I just got 2,734 gold. A lot better then the 125 from before.

it feels as if though they're not expecting the inflation to blow over, ever- since they're increasing everything though,
which is incredibly sad since nothing's ever been as bad as this during the years i've been a member of the site...
Konani_NTH
Dorian_Archer
Konani_NTH

it feels as if though they're not expecting the inflation to blow over, ever- since they're increasing everything though,
which is incredibly sad since nothing's ever been as bad as this during the years i've been a member of the site...

It's called, "I think this will work because I think it's too far gone."

They probably believe that it's not worth doing s**t to proactively defeat inflation. Instead they will just do increases and pretend it's "healthy".

Wild Faun

I think people are forgetting that by increasing the gold it's going to increase the inflation not help it which is the problem. Eventually items are going to be too expensive to obtain due to the continuous increase in gold.

I mean it's simple really: Gold+More gold+No way to remove it (because gold sinks are a joke)=Inflation to the max.

Imagine by the end 2015 if Gaia continuously increases the gold output. You will end up having trillions be like billions, billions like millions and millions even more like pocket change than it is now. The value of gold is decreasing the more gold that's pumped into the system.

I am not an economist but I see it going this way because ti makes the most sense to me and I don't think it's okay that they raise shop items that shouldn't be raised. What's that going to do beside be a true mini gold sink, but unless everyone bought in there nothing's going to change.

Gaia had no real reason to up the gold amount on items in gold shops and even if they did I'm sure it will just make my blood pressure rise.

Confident Browser

Back when I started you only obtained 1 gold per post and there wasn't all the options the newer users have today. Everyone has just gotten thirsty for gold and put too much importance into their items.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Well, they have increased gold from DCs & some games, and announced that they're going to increase posting amounts and the rest of the games. Its back to newbies needing to save a little for those first few items. Believe it or not, way back in 2003-2005, that's how it was. You needed to post a bunch & take tons of polls (there WERE no games gonk ) to afford those 5,000 shoes. I remember thinking that the 40,000 fairy wings were only for rich Gaians and how unfair that was scream !

Also, its another gold sink. Not a great one, but better than nothing.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Cursed Fable
Gold+More gold+No way to remove it (because gold sinks are a joke)=Inflation to the max.
Ugh, this x1000.
People don't seem to comprehend this at all. They just think "MOAR GOLD, YAY."

Wild Faun

KittieCupcakes
Cursed Fable
Gold+More gold+No way to remove it (because gold sinks are a joke)=Inflation to the max.
Ugh, this x1000.
People don't seem to comprehend this at all. They just think "MOAR GOLD, YAY."
Exactly, no one is thinking about the long term affects that will happen when more and more gold is pumped into the system and people are unable to remove it. I mean it's simple logic. It's not ecnomy it's math. 1+1=2. Sigh. I am so going to shake my head when they realize it by the next year that more gold ruins things than helps. No one benefits this except in a very short amount of time.

Oh god the inventory update. I swear if I can't have all my items in one account I am leaving for good because no point in not being able to have all you items. And if I have to pay for space I'mma throw a hissy fit. Gaia does not have a stable future to ask us that.

Dapper Noob

Konani_NTH
Dorian_Archer
Konani_NTH

I thought that was obvious when they continued to keep releasing gold generators. So, no, they don't expect the inflation to go away, and they have no intentions of helping it do so, since that would be counterproductive to their profit making.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Pewpewkachu
Konani_NTH
Dorian_Archer
Konani_NTH

I thought that was obvious when they continued to keep releasing gold generators. So, no, they don't expect the inflation to go away, and they have no intentions of helping it do so, since that would be counterproductive to their profit making.

it would be nice if the users stopped buying gold generators =='..

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
spacekitten
Well, they have increased gold from DCs & some games, and announced that they're going to increase posting amounts and the rest of the games. Its back to newbies needing to save a little for those first few items. Believe it or not, way back in 2003-2005, that's how it was. You needed to post a bunch & take tons of polls (there WERE no games gonk ) to afford those 5,000 shoes. I remember thinking that the 40,000 fairy wings were only for rich Gaians and how unfair that was scream !

Also, its another gold sink. Not a great one, but better than nothing.

being honest though-
has the economy ever been as bad as it is right now?

Wild Faun

Konani_NTH
Pewpewkachu
Konani_NTH
Dorian_Archer
Konani_NTH

it would be nice if the users stopped buying gold generators =='..
What needs to be done and it's been said many times to solve the inflation crisis is that users need to stop using gold gens, Gaia needs to stop selling them for more than 5 days like before and there needs to be a REAL gold sink and not as I have a tissue calls them gold traps.

Otherwise I don't see this economy ever being healed. Call me a pessimist but unless all of that's done inflation is going to forever continue.

Like the song says: It goes on and on and on.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Cursed Fable
What needs to be done and it's been said many times to solve the inflation crisis is that users need to stop using gold gens, Gaia needs to stop selling them for more than 5 days like before and there needs to be a REAL gold sink and not as I have a tissue calls them gold traps.

Otherwise I don't see this economy ever being healed. Call me a pessimist but unless all of that's done inflation is going to forever continue.

Like the song says: It goes on and on and on.

-...i wonder if one could hire hackers to disable the gold generators from being sold for cash emotion_kirakira

i mean- gaiaonline already has that damned 20,000 dollar ticket for something they sold during black friday, it's not like they don't have enough money from cash purchases already -_-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff