Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Prophet

15,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So, I just got the staff notice that they have increased the amount of gold while surfing the site. I just got 125 gold for surfing! I am so happy!! I really think that Gaia is actually listening now, because I was just discussing this the other night on the feedback thread. I had actually suggested a 100g amount for surfing. This is a good sign. Maybe there is a brighter future in how the website is run. I am looking forward to see what Gaia does next!

gaia_spoons Are you happy about the increase?
gaia_spoons Did you notice the change?
gaia_spoons Do you think this means that Gaia is really listening to feedback now?

Staff Notices

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
I love that there is a gold payout increase for my favorite O.G. Gaia Game, JigSaw!

I might start playing like it's '06 again. emotion_c8

Sparkly Prophet

15,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hestia Carrow
I love that there is a gold payout increase for my favorite O.G. Gaia Game, JigSaw!
I hadn't even know that they did that till today! Yay! I may go do a puzzle then....

Garbage Trash

13,840 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
Well it's nice to see that they listen but 100g is still not that great I mean what can you buy with 100g now? It will still take forever to get items if you don't buy GC. They're just giving us an illusion.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Rather than upping the gold payouts I'd rather they just fix the ******** economy so the payouts wouldn't NEED to be upped... smh.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
chocolate lolita
Hestia Carrow
I hadn't even know that they did that till today! Yay! I may go do a puzzle then....

Same here! I actually just read about it in Zero Omega's Staff Updates post a few minutes ago and it made me smile.

Stubborn Gifter

*sarcastically* Hurray of inflating the economy even more. stare

Don't get me wrong about this. While it's nice to help those who are new, poor, and those refuse to use Gaia Cash, I really wish Gaia has find ways to dispose the extra gold off the economy.

Angelic Nitemare

It's an interesting change.

Kinda like "We know gold flows like a river now. Here's more, but at a small pace."

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Sevvb
Well it's nice to see that they listen but 100g is still not that great I mean what can you buy with 100g now? It will still take forever to get items if you don't buy GC. They're just giving us an illusion.

Gold from surfing is literally the worst way to get Gold on the site. That's intentional; they want you to get Gold from actually doing things, not just lurking. There are plenty of ways on the site to get a whole lot more than 100g for free.

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Cant wait to see if they up pinball. That's my fave

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Just did a jigsaw puzzle on normal and got a little over 20k for it. I like playing jigsaw so maybe I'll do it more often

I would love to earn new portraits for my house in it though D:

User Image

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Jisen Meizuki

Don't get me wrong about this. While it's nice to help those who are new, poor, and those refuse to use Gaia Cash, I really wish Gaia has find ways to dispose the extra gold off the economy.

It's hardly inflation. There is no inflation when users EARN the gold they make rather than outright buy it. You can't just buy a jigsaw puzzle on gaia, completed, and have it grant the gold to you. When you post, you have to actually post. You can't be lazy and just *buy* posts to grant you gold.

In my opinion, this is definitely a step in the right direction. I agree that Gaia needs to find ways to dispose of the extra gold in the economy, and hopefully there will be some great gold sinks in the future. This, though, is awesome, because it revives old features, allows users to earn gold, and makes buying gold generators more useless by the second. I hope they get rid of them entirely, soon enough.

Trash

I think it's a good thing to increase the gold we get for site-related things - it's about time they did with the current inflation.

Stubborn Gifter

Magically Clueless
Jisen Meizuki

It's hardly inflation. There is no inflation when users EARN the gold they make rather than outright buy it. You can't just buy a jigsaw puzzle on gaia, completed, and have it grant the gold to you. When you post, you have to actually post. You can't be lazy and just *buy* posts to grant you gold.

In my opinion, this is definitely a step in the right direction. I agree that Gaia needs to find ways to dispose of the extra gold in the economy, and hopefully there will be some great gold sinks in the future. This, though, is awesome, because it revives old features, allows users to earn gold, and makes buying gold generators more useless by the second. I hope they get rid of them entirely, soon enough.

Hence, the sarcasm in the first sentence. Didn't mean to make it sounds serious about the inflation.

But like you said, it's nice to see that old features are being used and not being abandoned like the Jigsaw Puzzle. Hopefully, Gaia will update other features too.

Rare

tbh wouldn't it have been better to get rid of a useless feature entirely instead of add more gold to the system

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff