Welcome to Gaia! ::

Paka Ruri Kaila
oh oh oh tell me how its working? i cant go check it out yet cause it uses too much data on my hotspot

Its not good. Not good.
I don't like this update at all. It's harder to arrange the inventory, and more
time-consuming to place every item in the locker just to move them to another
page. I really miss the old inventory arranger, it was much nicer and easier to use.

Clean Tycoon

11,675 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
I have a question...
Q: Why cant you increase the amount of tokens we can buy in "prize and joy"? It's irritating that we have to buy them 100 at a time...

Self-sustaining Simp

Feral Rogue
Well this sucks for those of us with thousands of items in our inventory. We have to arrange everything within the page they're in.

I have my inventory organised into colours and any new items I've bought can't go into those sections because they're several pages away.

neutral

The old inventory arranger was pretty horrible but at least we could access our whole inventory at the same time instead of being confined to pages.

You can still do that. Move the items from the page they're on to the storage area, change to the page you want them on and move them back into inventory.

Perfect Warlord

48,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
can I just make one suggestion for the new inventory arranger? there should be a donate button at the top so that things you don't want to just toss into oblivion can be donated to other gaians...

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
It's about time!

The only thing I hate about the new inventory is the drop and drag feature. It takes more time rearranging with d&d then it was with the old method. On top of it all, is the stupid item cap. People by now own more then 600 items. Lastly, is the issues adding items to the locker without them contently going back into your inventory every time you leave the page.

Time-traveling Senshi

Narumi Misuhara

It doesn't work at all for me in Chrome. I can't move things out of the locker and I can't drag things around at all in the inventory. I can't arrange things in Chrome at all. Also, in Firefox when you pull things out of the locker and you have more than a page of an inventory tab you can't pick a page and choose where the items go. It seems when you try to actually put it at the end of your inventory you get an error when you try and save things. The only way you can do this is to drop it on the first page of a tab and hope it doesn't shoot to the end and then try and move things around hoping again it won't end up at the end of the tab's "inventory". It needs a lot of work.

Feral Rogue

idleRAT
Feral Rogue
Well this sucks for those of us with thousands of items in our inventory. We have to arrange everything within the page they're in.

I have my inventory organised into colours and any new items I've bought can't go into those sections because they're several pages away.

neutral

The old inventory arranger was pretty horrible but at least we could access our whole inventory at the same time instead of being confined to pages.

You can still do that. Move the items from the page they're on to the storage area, change to the page you want them on and move them back into inventory.
lol I JUST figured this out
It's still super super super glitchy though

Magical Senshi

Don't like it.

Muscular Bachelor

idleRAT
Feral Rogue

neutral

That's still much more of a hassle compared to the old one. All I had to do before was drag it into the storage box, scroll up, and drop it.
Now I have to move to page six, select the items, hope that the bottom of the storage is on my screen so I don't have to drop them near the top and reselect them all to drop them back into storage, move to the right page, and hope that the place I want to put them is near the top so I don't have to put them down, scroll down, and reselect them all and drag them over.
Just too much of a hassle.

Hardened Member

This is painful. Please, dear god, make an opt out option. The old arranger had it's problems, but at least it worked.

I can not drag and drop anything in this new system (apparently a Chrome/Firefox issue). I attempted to use it in IE, and it was nothing short of infuriating in every respect.

I am a person who loves to have an organized inventory. If I didn't organize my inventory, I'd never find a thing. There is no way that I am going to move every item one by one through the pages. Mass selecting does NOT work. Every time I tried, I got an error and had to refresh before I could do anything more. Moving items is slow and glitchy - they rarely landed where I dropped them, instead landing between items in the rows above, below, or the columns to the side. I would much rather scroll past unnecessary items to quickly find what I'm looking at as opposed to clicking through and loading 30+ individual pages of crap.

And what is this new locker? I used the old storage feature to hold all of my duplicate items and things that I simply didn't want in my main inventory - like caches. Now you're telling me I can only put 600 items there before it gets glitchier?

I used to use the storage to organize and sort items before dropping them back into my main inventory, but that's going to be a useless endeavor when one is sorting 1000+ items at a time or more. I can't easily move something from the bottom to the top, because I have to work around these damn pages at every step.

Everything about this is terrible. Please, just bring the old arranger back. I appreciate the effort that went into it, but I would rather have an old feature that worked than a new one that is less than useless. This system might be great for someone who has 100 items, but it's not going to work for anyone who has put more than a few outfits together :l

Since 2003, I have not seen a feature 'update' that I hated so much.

Feral Rogue

ALSO I FOUND A GLITCH

When you move items from the end page to a different page, it randomly displaces items and moves them to the last page of your inventory

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IRL Noob

Well, besides the usual complaints, may I add a suggestion? <3
I think what would help most is the ability to just make and delete tabs. What I mean by this are the tabs in the actual avatar dress up page -- 'tops', 'bottoms', etc.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how I organize my inventory, once I go to dress my avatar up, all the items are split up into these tabs anyway. It still makes them very hard to find.

Rainbow Nerd

33,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
This doesn't work very well for me. I have almost 20,000 items in inventory and cannot arrange them now. Are you trying to get us to stop buying things, Gaia?

Self-sustaining Simp

Divined Mortality

That's still much more of a hassle compared to the old one. All I had to do before was drag it into the storage box, scroll up, and drop it.
Now I have to move to page six, select the items, hope that the bottom of the storage is on my screen so I don't have to drop them near the top and reselect them all to drop them back into storage, move to the right page, and hope that the place I want to put them is near the top so I don't have to put them down, scroll down, and reselect them all and drag them over.
Just too much of a hassle.

That's as may be, but I was just letting the other poster know it's still possible since they hadn't yet found a way to do it.

They've got a suggestions thread up here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/new-inventory-arranger-suggestion-thread/t.95131623/, I dunno if they're still reading our posts in this one or not, so you might be better off requesting a change there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff