Welcome to Gaia! ::

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SACO, Maine

(NEWS CENTER) -- Saco Police are on the look-out for a woman stealing wreaths from the Laurel Hill Cemetery.

Police said a woman stole about 30 wreaths between Nov. 26 and Dec. 7.

Video shows someone driving up to the cemetery, getting out of her car, and walking over to a headstone -- and then taking a wreath off of that headstone.

Now police are asking for the public's help in finding this woman.

Anyone that recognizes the woman or car in the video should call Saco Police at 284-4535.

well that's disrespectful

Fluff Cat

15,825 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
People are so stupid. There are cameras EVERYWHERE these days. People are following UPS trucks and stealing Christmas packages off of other people's front porches, and guess what? They're getting arrested right & left because there are so many cameras out there, all over the place, that anyone doing this sort of crap is going to get caught and end up publicly humiliated with a criminal record. I mean, how dumb can these people be to go out to a public place and commit a crime, knowing there's probably a camera aimed at them from somewhere? Idiots...

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Some woman here in Connecticut was recently caught taking statues from cemeteries. Including one from a child's grave (an angel). The Dad placed a nannycam somewhere and caught her taking a similar one from that same grave (of his son) on tape. The police found her and she went to court. Her excuse was that "they talked to her". Of course I don't buy that excuse. But they had found a whole collection of them and my guess is, if she was not simply collecting, that she intended to sell them.
That is what I think is going on here. Somebody is gonna sell those wreathes and I bet some of the buyers will be the bereaved of the deceased she stole the wreaths from.
I'm curious to hear her reason for it. Another question is whether the wreaths were bought by the local city, the property owners of the graveyard or the individuals who have dead family there.
Someone has stolen the flower holder off one of my grandmother's graves two times now. It is a specially designed holder that goes with most the graves in this cemetery. It twists into place next to the plague on the gravestone. I can only imagine they are stealing them to resell.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Funny how people are upset by this sort of thing yet applaud grave-robbing archaeologists who put disinterred human remains on display.

Gaian

Ratttking
Funny how people are upset by this sort of thing yet applaud grave-robbing archaeologists who put disinterred human remains on display.
Yeah....I'm actualy disturbed at how long it took me to stop being cool with that.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Zeeni
People are so stupid. There are cameras EVERYWHERE these days. People are following UPS trucks and stealing Christmas packages off of other people's front porches, and guess what? They're getting arrested right & left because there are so many cameras out there, all over the place, that anyone doing this sort of crap is going to get caught and end up publicly humiliated with a criminal record. I mean, how dumb can these people be to go out to a public place and commit a crime, knowing there's probably a camera aimed at them from somewhere? Idiots...
True, but isn't it the same as shoplifting, I mean cameras are everywhere in retail stores so people were always this stupid.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lulamoon Sage
Ratttking
Yeah....I'm actualy disturbed at how long it took me to stop being cool with that.
Same here. It was seeing a grave artifact that upset me, it was an ancient stuffed toy animal found in a child's grave and hailed as being one of the oldest preserved textiles. Woohoo, you stole a teddy bear from a dead baby, aren't you proud of yourself? (It wasn't a bear, I believe it was a waterbird, but same difference.) I don't mind cases like that of Richard III since that was an accidental discovery and they're re-interring him next spring in the nearby cathedral, but when you go around opening tombs and digging up graves pretty much for the hell of it...

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nyadriel
Some woman here in Connecticut was recently caught taking statues from cemeteries. Including one from a child's grave (an angel). The Dad placed a nannycam somewhere and caught her taking a similar one from that same grave (of his son) on tape. The police found her and she went to court. Her excuse was that "they talked to her". Of course I don't buy that excuse. But they had found a whole collection of them and my guess is, if she was not simply collecting, that she intended to sell them.
That is what I think is going on here. Somebody is gonna sell those wreathes and I bet some of the buyers will be the bereaved of the deceased she stole the wreaths from.

It might just be a made up excuse but the lady might be telling the truth as she believes it.
I know someone who crystal rocks that she firmly believed talked to her and she would do things based on what her rocks told her to do. She was reasonably intelligent in some areas and what I would call "batshit crazy" in others. Probably schizophrenia or something similar but she thought she was telling the truth when she talked about her rocks.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Zeeni

Most cemeteries have limited entry/exit points.
If they had security cameras I'm sort of surprised they didn't have one set up in the driveway to catch the license plates of cars that enter / exit the cemetery.

But yes to "someone probably filmed you doing that".
Bank ATMs, traffic light cameras, store and home security cameras, dash cams slightly more common now, the majority of folks have smart phones with photo / video cameras - and so on.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
I would check craigs list for someone selling wreaths xd
Ratttking
Lulamoon Sage
Ratttking
Same here. It was seeing a grave artifact that upset me, it was an ancient stuffed toy animal found in a child's grave and hailed as being one of the oldest preserved textiles. Woohoo, you stole a teddy bear from a dead baby, aren't you proud of yourself? (It wasn't a bear, I believe it was a waterbird, but same difference.) I don't mind cases like that of Richard III since that was an accidental discovery and they're re-interring him next spring in the nearby cathedral, but when you go around opening tombs and digging up graves pretty much for the hell of it...

I personally think there should be a time limit on those kinds of things. If the person died within the last 100 years, their graves should be untouched due to respect for their immediate family, but after that, why wouldn't we look at them from a historical aspect? I see no reason to keep any further significance to them than being a piece of history in the ground

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
x-Garethp-x
Ratttking
Lulamoon Sage
Ratttking

I personally think there should be a time limit on those kinds of things. If the person died within the last 100 years, their graves should be untouched due to respect for their immediate family, but after that, why wouldn't we look at them from a historical aspect? I see no reason to keep any further significance to them than being a piece of history in the ground
Why muck about with dead bodies at all? A hundred years, you say, so next April it'll be totes cool to dig up the remains of say, the ANZAC soldiers who died at Gallipoli? I'm sure they have some nifty relics that would look great on my bookshelves, heck, maybe I'll dress one of the skeletons up in a Turkish uniform, he's dead so what's the harm? 3nodding
Ratttking
x-Garethp-x
Ratttking
Lulamoon Sage
Ratttking

Why muck about with dead bodies at all? A hundred years, you say, so next April it'll be totes cool to dig up the remains of say, the ANZAC soldiers who died at Gallipoli? I'm sure they have some nifty relics that would look great on my bookshelves, heck, maybe I'll dress one of the skeletons up in a Turkish uniform, he's dead so what's the harm? 3nodding

Mostly because history has a value, both scientific and just about generally where we come from, and I don't see why we shouldn't be studying that after a hundred years

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff