Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

8,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
How stupid can you be? He goes to the school where Bob was eaten by the terminus crew, and then he runs BACK to the church, leading all the many walkers behind him right to the church. What the hell? That was THEIR shelter where they have the baby. It's their current place of rest until they get the whole group back together and come up with the next plan. Now it's ruined.

This priest needs to grow a spine and learn how to fight for his life.

I was so happy when he was locked out of the church when he brought the walkers with him. My partner and I were cheering "YES! Now you are getting a taste of your own medicine". This is the same preacher that locked the doors and didn't let anyone in, allowing so many people to die. Now it was ALMOST his turn. I'm disappointed that Carl and Michonne broke the board down and opened the door to him. I'm additionally disappointed that he didn't get bit in the end of the scene when he tried to escape with Michonne, the little a** kicker, and Carl.

He needs to die.

Lonely Phantom

I understand him a bit. He's been cut off from the world since the moment the end came. He knows of the dangers of walkers, but he's been oblivious to how people have changed, too. He is a quiet, timid, gentle man before the end and has maintained that instead of hardening like most of the rest of the remaining population. Rick's people are likely the first living beings he's come across face to face since the end. So you could say he's just waking up to the horrors that the world has become. He's been in a coma and now he's seeing a very changed world. He couldn't believe that people would attack and cannibalize another. I'm pretty sure he wasn't sure he could believe who was the good and who was the bad, too.

Afterall, you have two different groups arriving at your doorstep, each side says the other is bad. Termites did all the awful things they did, but all according to Rick's group. Then you watch Rick and his group brutally slaughter all of the remaining Termites right there in a church even after Gareth said he'd leave peacefully. Though, Rick knew he'd go right back to eating and tricking others like before, and probably wouldn't give up on his vendetta, as well.

Hell, if I was put right in the middle of that and you were stuck with these people I'd want to know who was telling the truth. If I had a bunch of people enter my home, murder several people, and claim they were the good ones I'd have doubts myself. He went to the school to find that out. He knew where the Termites were camped thanks to Bob informing the group. He went to see if he could learn the truth. And he learned that the world had become a much worse place than just the living walking around. It was an eye-opener he needed.

He ran back to the church since it was the only place he knew was safe. He just didn't have the time he needed to slip under the church again to get into his office again. It was a very stupid plan, but I do understand why he would do it as a character. And making mistakes is part of growing up. I just hope he learns from what he did and doesn't do it again.

As for Michonne and Carl letting him in, I'm glad they did. Had they not they would have been as bad as him for being too cowardly to open the door for people he knew and likely cared about who begged for help. It would have been too cold-hearted, even for Michonne and Carl to do to anyone.

I don't think Gabriel needs to die. I think he needs to grow up and learn.

Newbie Noob

8,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
Desna
I understand him a bit. He's been cut off from the world since the moment the end came. He knows of the dangers of walkers, but he's been oblivious to how people have changed, too. He is a quiet, timid, gentle man before the end and has maintained that instead of hardening like most of the rest of the remaining population. Rick's people are likely the first living beings he's come across face to face since the end. So you could say he's just waking up to the horrors that the world has become. He's been in a coma and now he's seeing a very changed world. He couldn't believe that people would attack and cannibalize another. I'm pretty sure he wasn't sure he could believe who was the good and who was the bad, too.

Afterall, you have two different groups arriving at your doorstep, each side says the other is bad. Termites did all the awful things they did, but all according to Rick's group. Then you watch Rick and his group brutally slaughter all of the remaining Termites right there in a church even after Gareth said he'd leave peacefully. Though, Rick knew he'd go right back to eating and tricking others like before, and probably wouldn't give up on his vendetta, as well.

Hell, if I was put right in the middle of that and you were stuck with these people I'd want to know who was telling the truth. If I had a bunch of people enter my home, murder several people, and claim they were the good ones I'd have doubts myself. He went to the school to find that out. He knew where the Termites were camped thanks to Bob informing the group. He went to see if he could learn the truth. And he learned that the world had become a much worse place than just the living walking around. It was an eye-opener he needed.

He ran back to the church since it was the only place he knew was safe. He just didn't have the time he needed to slip under the church again to get into his office again. It was a very stupid plan, but I do understand why he would do it as a character. And making mistakes is part of growing up. I just hope he learns from what he did and doesn't do it again.

As for Michonne and Carl letting him in, I'm glad they did. Had they not they would have been as bad as him for being too cowardly to open the door for people he knew and likely cared about who begged for help. It would have been too cold-hearted, even for Michonne and Carl to do to anyone.

He needs to learn fast and get it together, because one of these next episodes, he will wind up being the reason another group member dies. They had the little a** kicker to protect, plus themselves.They are so lucky those floor boards were lifted, That could have been the death of all three of 4 of them. So reckless. I understand what your saying, but he's been with them for awhile now. He's not even willing to learn how to fight and kill. The crew has been trying to help him and teach him, but he's not willing to learn. He thinks he can just keep running and continue to get lucky.

Hilarious Citizen

10,390 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm upset that he has more luck than I do. He had so many close calls! The Lord was clearly on his side, LOL. He's obviously praying in all the right ways.

I'd probably be like him if not worse. I'd even die on the episode they introduced me. -sob- I'm not ready to run for my life or smash decaying human heads. My arms and legs are WEAK.

Flatterer

8,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Well I wouldn't expect him to transition so quickly. It's not like the group did so overnight either. They took seasons to get to where they're at, so the priest not getting it fast enough makes sense...especially since he's been holed up for so long.

Would I like him to stop being a liability? That would be nice. He really needs to stop going out by himself. His whole "avoid the zombies" plan fails every time. He doesn't even try to be sneaky. He's too lost in his own world, and then he goes and makes a ruckus too. Scatterbrained fool! Get your sh it together!

Lonely Phantom

SharkxAngel

Technically he's been with them for about 3-4 days. He barely knows them. And, again, he just watched people get brutally murdered right in front of him. Then had a preteen try to teach him the proper method on stabbing a human head with a machete. For a guy who has been sheltered from the world as it is now, whose way of thinking has changed very little since before things went bad, that had to be disturbing. Even Michonne, who was watching, was sensing that all of these stories and events had to be taking its toll on his mind and body.

The group was making dumb mistakes in season 1 and 2. Gabriel is pretty much in his season 1 and learning to adjust. He'll get better. Maybe. If the show handles his story well and he isn't just walker bait meant to go at the end of the season.

If he does continue to run off and put people in jeopardy... that would get really old and annoying fast for the audience. But in story world it would be very frustrating for Rick's group. He would pretty much deserve to acted recklessly. But I can accept some accidents. So long as he learns from them and doesn't repeat them. And nobody else pays for those accidents.

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I love Father Gabriel!! heart

The scene where he was trying to get back into the church was my favorite from the whole episode. It was such an important scene for his character. He understands how the people he locked out felt. He sort of understood before, in the regard that he could have imagined it, and he knew he was indirectly responsible for their deaths, but not until he was in the exact same position did he fully understand exactly how it felt to be locked out of your sanctuary, with blood-thirsty monsters cornering you.

Father Gabriel isn't like the other characters. He is still new to this world. He hid from the realities of the apocalypse and avoided having to kill any zombies for so long. It's like he's a season one character in a season five world. Becoming stronger and braver doesn't happen over night. He's going to grow as a character and become stronger eventually, but it'll take time. His fears aren't going to just disappear.

I love that he's so much different than the other characters. It's cool to have a variety of characters, and to finally have someone who isn't a ninja, sharp-shooting zombie-killing machine. Even though he killed all those people, he seems so innocent. He's scared of zombies... Like terrified... Of even just a single one that he could easily kill. He's so adorable. whee

I might just be Father Gabriel's biggest fan. mrgreen

Codger

Desna

While I do side with you when it comes to trying to figure out who the supposed "Good ones" are...
if we were in that situation where everything is a matter of life and death and you're still in the mind set of "who's the good guy and who's the bad guy" im certain that you won't last long.

in the end, its about who can provide security and better chances of surviving...

as for Gabriel needing to die? well, if he can keep up with the group and not slow them down then im sure he has a place in the group...

i kinda feel as if he would fill in the role of Hershel/Dale eventually who's going to help guide some level of moral compass for everyone but then again, the distrust that the group my have for him would definitely be there...

If i were in Rick's group, i'd question my self whether this guy would shut the door on us if we ever need help like he did before and this generally means that he's off on his own.

Wrathful Mystic

37,950 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
They should just kill him and Eugene both. And maybe Tyrese since his dumb assed plan got Beth killed and he let the cannibal go who came back and ATE Bob-1.If they are no help or a hinderence then drop them. This is about survival, not being nice. But I figure he'll get his in the end, after all they tend to kill anyone that has hope, or any kind of spirituality. If they are a moral compass they die, like Dale who could have killed Shane but didn't and was killed by the walker Carl freed while trying to be like Shane, Hershel, Lori who kept Rick going with hope, and now Beth. The girls gave Carol hope and looked how they ended up. If you are a moral compass, or represent any sort of hope or light in the show you will die a shocking and painful death.
I like the priest. Then again, I'm interested in all new faces that join up because then you get to try and figure out what they're all about.

I really thought he was going to get eaten. Karma and all.

At the end, I did like how it turned out.

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
The priest and tyresse seem to be sort of going through the same thing, but tyresse is doing it better. Tyresse didn't really do much killing until recently, and didn't kill that terminus fireworks guy. Gabriel, assuming he stays alive long enough, should get over it.
Yeeeeaaaaa ... ... ... he's pretty much an idiot and might end up getting people killed. If I were him and that completely worthless, I'd wait and sacrifice myself to the benefit of someone else in the group. You know, just to apologize for being such a drain on the new status quo.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
hated him from the moment i saw him simply because i hated his character from Oz (which i've been watching recently) and i can't forget about what hes done stressed

F U clayton hughes emotion_donotwant

Loyal Spirit

4,450 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Fusion Novice 50
They need to stop saving him.

Newbie Noob

8,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
AmazingWriter
They need to stop saving him.

Thank you! Like, what the hell? This last time he should have died. He ruined the church the rest of the way and almost got those three killed. It's hard to fight that many walkers with a baby on your back. They all could have gotten killed because of the priest. They keep saving him just so he can keep putting them back in danger. I'm so tired of it. It's old.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff