Welcome to Gaia! ::

Player

Dominicthewiked
haine22
I plan to watch it this Winter break
my friend recommends it to me and he said I'll love it (since I'm into dark psychological anime). I searched it up: the anime is pretty much crazy and gets crazier, and it was also revolutionary in it's day because it was a whole new take on the mecha genre (it wasn't all about robots but the pilots themselves). Sooo I'm pretty excited because I have a feeling once I watch the series and the movies, I'd be totally pumped about it and could potentially talk about it for dayz (usually happens when I fall for an anime)
Yes... The more it gets darker the more the shows budget runs out. But I can look past it. Because episode 25 and 26 were supposed to look like that not because low budget (even though that is most the reason) but because (SPOILER) the instrumentality was taking place and the whole world (almost) was destoryed... (END OF SPOILER).

I'm also... looking forward to meeting Kaworu biggrin
haine22
Dominicthewiked
haine22
I plan to watch it this Winter break
my friend recommends it to me and he said I'll love it (since I'm into dark psychological anime). I searched it up: the anime is pretty much crazy and gets crazier, and it was also revolutionary in it's day because it was a whole new take on the mecha genre (it wasn't all about robots but the pilots themselves). Sooo I'm pretty excited because I have a feeling once I watch the series and the movies, I'd be totally pumped about it and could potentially talk about it for dayz (usually happens when I fall for an anime)
Yes... The more it gets darker the more the shows budget runs out. But I can look past it. Because episode 25 and 26 were supposed to look like that not because low budget (even though that is most the reason) but because (SPOILER) the instrumentality was taking place and the whole world (almost) was destoryed... (END OF SPOILER).

I'm also... looking forward to meeting Kaworu biggrin
Meh I've never liked Kaworu. Nor Rei. I love all the others though. EoE teared me apart when Kaworu calmed shinji when he was trapped inside eva unit 01... gonk

Fashionable Phantom

NGE is wonderful. When I was younger I used to have a lot of issues with trying to find my own self worth in others; the show was a wake up call and the artistic elements were hugely inspiring.

Despite all the mindless fanservice from the fans (and companies looking to cash in on the franchise), NGE is still one of my favorites after a decade.
the milklush
NGE is wonderful. When I was younger I used to have a lot of issues with trying to find my own self worth in others; the show was a wake up call and the artistic elements were hugely inspiring.

Despite all the mindless fanservice from the fans (and companies looking to cash in on the franchise), NGE is still one of my favorites after a decade.
I have really bad panic attacks, so I act like I'm synching with my own eva in my mind. And I can relate to most to the characters (Shinji gets panic attacks like me, Asuka needs someone to always validate herself or she wont exsist, Rei says she's worth nothing like me..) The last two episodes were probably my favorite. Because of one quote. "Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it, that's how fragile the truth for a human is. A persons truth is so simple most concentrate on what they think are deeper truths." emotion_dowant

Girl-Crazy Kitten

i liked it in that way that you're not sure if you like it because it you actually enjoyed it, or if you liked it because you're supposed to because it's more or less the anime after cowboy bebop.

but then again, i did watch it in like four days so that probably ******** me over. i probably need to rewatch them. i've been meaning to make my friends watch it, so i guess i'll watch it with them next year when we live together.

the characters are always a big plus for me, though. rei was always boring as hell to me, but asuka and shinji were very engaging and interesting.

i haven't gotten around to watching the rebuilds yet, though.

Girl

The show is great, EoE is great, Rebuild 1 is fine, Rebuilds 2/3 are stupid
I love both the original and Rebuild. It would be pretty neat if the last movie came out in the year of second impact. : o
MooMooJuice
I love both the original and Rebuild. It would be pretty neat if the last movie came out in the year of second impact. : o
You mean 3rd impact? Second impact happend on september, 13, 2000. 3rd impact happend in 2015 (next year). i love the original and EoE! lol
kuoco
i liked it in that way that you're not sure if you like it because it you actually enjoyed it, or if you liked it because you're supposed to because it's more or less the anime after cowboy bebop.

but then again, i did watch it in like four days so that probably ******** me over. i probably need to rewatch them. i've been meaning to make my friends watch it, so i guess i'll watch it with them next year when we live together.

the characters are always a big plus for me, though. rei was always boring as hell to me, but asuka and shinji were very engaging and interesting.

i haven't gotten around to watching the rebuilds yet, though.
Rei is a probably the perfect mix of a shitty character. Annoying but necessary... I love Asuka (I have two plushies, and 5 figurines, plus a character card) I think shinji is a character I can relate to. He has panic attacks, runs away, always sleeping. I want my friends to watch it... But they think Evangelion is stupid. And rather watch animes full of fanservice or new anime (me personally dont like the current state of anime). I watched it over the summer. wink

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

If your thread is on the front page of the AMC it is considered spamming to bump it. So, stop that.

Braddock_Hyde's Fangirl

Loyal Friend

9,775 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
NGE will always be one of my favorite animes I've ever seen and hold a special place in my heart right up there with Gundam Wing and Escaflowne. They are my Classics, I'm hoping to rewatch it again soon, been having the itching to. biggrin

Hilarious Lunatic

******** YES!!!!! Fantastic. Love the anime, love the rebuild movies. I was constantly wondering what would happen next! Enjoyed this anime til the end.

I actually liked the show's ending more than End of Eva. Shinji learned to love himself, and it made me cry tears of happiness. I had self esteem issues like Shinji, so I related to him. It just...god. cry

End of Eva was great. Asuka... emo

On Rebuild 2. Loving it so far.
Dominicthewiked
MooMooJuice
You mean 3rd impact? Second impact happend on september, 13, 2000. 3rd impact happend in 2015 (next year). i love the original and EoE! lol

Er, right. I meant to say it would be cool for the movie to end the year the anime takes place.
I don't know why I was thinking second impact...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff