• Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
SoulEaterQUEEN
Bleshoo
SoulEaterQUEEN
Bleshoo
Xenosaga I - III

I have these games and I treasure them A LOT!

I cried at the ending.

Same here! It was honestly a very well done game. It had a mixture of philosophical, religion and science fiction that really brought out the story. Unfortunately it was not popular enough to finish the saga due the technical difficulties of the first and second game.

Yeah, I've always wondered what could have been...

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Cosmog
Silver Highlights
Persona 3 & 4
Final Fantasy X, X-2, & XII
Rogue Galaxy
Dragon Quest VIII
dot Hack//G.U. trilogy
Makai Kingdom
Front Mission 4

no .HACK//OG love? They may have been pretty simplistic in comparison to G.U., but I treasure the original games far more than I'll ever treasure the G.U. Trill-OG. (see what I did there?)

Besides, the 3rd installment of G.U. felt rushed and didn't have near as much content as the other two games. Yuri Lowenthal, tho.

I'm ashamed to admit that I never got to play the original games. sad They're so damn rare! Anyone who can get me all of the dot Hack games deserves to get their name tattoo'd on my chest.
Silver Highlights
Cosmog
Silver Highlights
Persona 3 & 4
Final Fantasy X, X-2, & XII
Rogue Galaxy
Dragon Quest VIII
dot Hack//G.U. trilogy
Makai Kingdom
Front Mission 4

no .HACK//OG love? They may have been pretty simplistic in comparison to G.U., but I treasure the original games far more than I'll ever treasure the G.U. Trill-OG. (see what I did there?)

Besides, the 3rd installment of G.U. felt rushed and didn't have near as much content as the other two games. Yuri Lowenthal, tho.

I'm ashamed to admit that I never got to play the original games. sad They're so damn rare! Anyone who can get me all of the dot Hack games deserves to get their name tattoo'd on my chest.

I totally agree with you. I have only played dot hack infection and I thought it was decent. I love the idea of playing a game that is about playing another game -- just makes it a lot of fun/sometimes relating. Now we only get to see Sword Art online games, and I heard the translation job is terrible. These games really need to get a PS2 classics release. (forget HD collection, no one is going to pour money into that since apparently it never sold well).
SoulEaterQUEEN
Just wondering since I am looking into collecting some new PS2 rpgs before my PS2 dies out completely smile
I recommend teh .//hack series. Never played GU thoughs~
The order is - Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine~ :3
CuteLittlePinkCheeks
SoulEaterQUEEN
Just wondering since I am looking into collecting some new PS2 rpgs before my PS2 dies out completely smile
I recommend teh .//hack series. Never played GU thoughs~
The order is - Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine~ :3

Only issue is that I am dying to get this series but the cost of getting them. I wish they either rereleased the games, or that they put them up on the classics.
SoulEaterQUEEN
Well they are extremely rare which is why even a few years ago the most expensive on I bought was Quarantine being $50. Maybe it wasn't very popular when it first came out? sad

It's amazing and addictive. Just running around and going to different areas to level up is fun. And you have a bunch of characters whom you can also level up and upgrade their weapons too. biggrin

I didn't hear very many things on the G.U. series so I didn't bother to give it a chance. It was a different kind of gameplay than the Infection series and I suppose that also turned me off. sweatdrop
CuteLittlePinkCheeks
SoulEaterQUEEN
Well they are extremely rare which is why even a few years ago the most expensive on I bought was Quarantine being $50. Maybe it wasn't very popular when it first came out? sad

It's amazing and addictive. Just running around and going to different areas to level up is fun. And you have a bunch of characters whom you can also level up and upgrade their weapons too. biggrin

I didn't hear very many things on the G.U. series so I didn't bother to give it a chance. It was a different kind of gameplay than the Infection series and I suppose that also turned me off. sweatdrop

It wasn't very popular when it came out so the sales didn't match up. I'm not sure what is stopping them from releasing the games on the playstation store to maybe help the sales. I know that they have to pay a premium to do that but I bet more people would play these types of games considering how newer anime like SAO is making the -stuck in an MMORPG- theme more popular. Also the engrish translation of SAO wasn't well received by fans so I bet some people would go back to the dot hack games to feed their cravings.

I did hear that the GU games were better than the originals, and that they were more popular. I bet if we were to see a re-release in some form it would be the GU games.
SoulEaterQUEEN
*Writes down that title on a list of things to watch* Thanks for telling be about that show! Now I wanna watch it. 3nodding

Hmm, if G.U. was rated well than cool. But they are more than likely to be as rare as the original series. It's sad really. crying Maybe since it's rare to find a copy, putting it on the PS store would be a lost of revenue for them? I dunno. Even that doesn't make any sense. Maybe they just don't care for it and just leave games like that on the back burner just like when they came out best on that period of popularity. Hard to tell. neutral

Can you imagine if they were to remake either of the series or create a new one all together with how far gaming has advanced since then? It would look amazing! eek heart
My top contenders are:

.hack series
ROTK series
DQ8
Arc the lad: Twilight of the spirits
Wild arms 4
Radiata Stories
Drakengard 1 & 2
Wizardry
Growlanser Generations
YS
Dokapon Kingdom
CuteLittlePinkCheeks
SoulEaterQUEEN
*Writes down that title on a list of things to watch* Thanks for telling be about that show! Now I wanna watch it. 3nodding

Hmm, if G.U. was rated well than cool. But they are more than likely to be as rare as the original series. It's sad really. crying Maybe since it's rare to find a copy, putting it on the PS store would be a lost of revenue for them? I dunno. Even that doesn't make any sense. Maybe they just don't care for it and just leave games like that on the back burner just like when they came out best on that period of popularity. Hard to tell. neutral

Can you imagine if they were to remake either of the series or create a new one all together with how far gaming has advanced since then? It would look amazing! eek heart

They'd only be lost revenue for second hand copies, for the private sellers. They are no longer receiving a pretty penny for their game copies. Usually games can't be put up on the story if a) they can't emulate it somehow, b) if they lost or don't own the full rights to the games.
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Nekrotical
Why would you buy PS2 games if your console is about to die?

yum_tea There are still working PS2s and backwards-compatible PS3s out there. If she's willing to pay through the nose she can easily get a replacement console to play her PS2 discs on.

I hardly consider 25 british pounds expensive.

Final fantasies.
Picking only one PS2 RPG to call a favourite, it'd be Wild Arms 3.

1. The spaghetti-western setting, a staple of the series, is VERY pronounced here: a glorious change of pace from other fantasy, modern, or sci-fi settings.

2. FEMALE PROTAGONIST whose quest isn't anchored to a male counterpart.

3. Just an awesome experience all 'round. Seriously, you're missing ALL the things if you don't play it at least once. 3nodding yum_puddi
Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance is what my cousin and I both enjoyed playing on my PS2<3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff