Welcome to Gaia! ::

There were these people who would come to my house all the time and give me pamphlets and talk about Jesus and God, and even though I wished they'd ******** off, I let them talk because I'm a nice person. But now I've moved and they've managed to find me. Isn't that a bit ******** creepy? They came by today and were like, "we heard you moved so we thought we'd drive by and see if we could find your car." What. The. d**k. Then they continued to talk about Jesus and Satan and gave me a bible and told me how "THE BIBLE IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN"

Okay look, I'm totally okay with people having their religions and believing what they want, but this is too far. You don't find someone after they've moved house and continue to preach. No. I'm not even an atheist, I'm not a believer either, I'm an agnostic, but these people are driving me further and further away from any chance of me even wanting to believe.

Discuss:
- Your experience with preachers
- How I can politely tell these people I don't want them to continue coming around at random times? I don't want to be a c**t about it, but I hate it.
"Religion is bad rah rah rah"

"Not all religious people are like that"

"Not all Christians are like that"

"I wish religious people would stop shoving their beliefs down people's throat"

"I wish atheists would stop being hypocrites and shoving their beliefs down people's throat."

Just summed up 90% of the comments LDer's say about religion, just shows how unique of thinkers yall are.

Kawaii Sentai

What have you tried to do to get them to leave you alone?

Perhaps you should tell them something. Or try scaring them from your house.
Then put up a no solicitation sign. They cannot legally bother you at that point,
SirPuzzle
"Religion is bad rah rah rah"

"Not all religious people are like that"

"Not all Christians are like that"

"I wish religious people would stop shoving their beliefs down people's throat"

"I wish atheists would stop being hypocrites and shoving their beliefs down people's throat."

Just summed up 90% of the comments LDer's say about religion, just shows how unique of thinkers yall are.

I am anti religious. I R SPEZEL
Answer the door naked and gg.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
The ones that bother us are strictly spanish speaking. So when I answer the door I pretend not to know any spanish and they'll leave a pamphlet and go on their way.

Demonic Phantom

why do ppl talk about religion if they dont like religion?

Sugary Daredevil

My advice don´t answer the door

Aged Girl

ThatGirlFromGalifrey
My advice don´t answer the door

THIS

OP, you should always look before you answer your door.

This is for safety measure. You never know for sure who is lurking unless you look to see who is at your door. There could be very many more serious things to worry about such as crazy lovers who want to harm you, stranger with a gun (yes, they'll knock), con artists, overly persistent girl scouts, etc.

Invisible Humorist

French Pizza
why do ppl talk about religion if they dont like religion?

we're all a bunch of dirty masochists
Before they come back, come up with a story about a satanic ritual that you were recently apart of and then ask them if they want to accompany you during the next ritual which involves sacrifices. Let them come up with what the sacrifices are. If they reject your offer and instead try to "save you," start speaking gibberish like you are casting a spell on them. If that doesn't cause them to run, tell them you will call the police on them the next time you see them for harassment and trespassing.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I dont usually have this problem. If I did, I would probably lie and statr that I was banished from that sect. Usually they leave you alone after that. >.>

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
Either tell them you're a baptist or a Christian of another sort or just straight up say you are not interested. Always works for me.

Magical Tree

Best way to keep them from coming back is to try to persuade them to convert to orthodox Christianity.

Tell them to their face -- your interpretation of the Bible is works based. that is you depend on doing good things to earn salvation. your church's teaching reduces Jesus to a good man and maybe a prophet, when he's actually God himself and with him you get salvation - no good deeds required.

They will NEVER come back, until they think you've moved away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff