Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you looking for quick/ casual games (can take up to 1 hour) or more in depth ones?

High-functioning Genius

I might suggest 7-Wonders if you play games like Dominion and Guillotine.
It's our go-to group game when we want something with more depth than Cards Against Humanity, but still takes under an hour and doesn't strain our optimization skills like Power Grid. The price normally runs between $30 and $40.

The game can hold 2-7 players and is basically about building up your ancient city through three ages. While actually understanding the game takes a play through, the rules are straight forward. I also like 7-Wonders because it's so nice on new players. Every card you play will have some benefit, so even if they are not playing the best and make mistakes, their score won't be terrible. Which makes it a great game to introduce.
FurryTyrant
So I'm trying to get more into table top gaming and step away from Online games... Trying to take part in the social aspects of life and all that..

But I don't know what are some good games. So far Ive played Cards against Humanity, I already play MTG, I own Munchkins & Guillotine, and I've played Dominion.

I've taken an interest in Arkham Horror, Ascension, and the Zombicide (but the $90 price tag make me a bit ugh about buying it). Ive been watching Youtube Vids of people playing it to get a feel for it before playing it but I figure to get more people's opinions.

Ive also noticed that alot of the TTG's that i see at my card shop has games that are usually up to 4 players... I'm looking for more games that have up to 6 players or so. (the more the merrirer) any suggestions?

Nottingham might be good for a multiplayer option; it supports up to 7. Basically, it's a game of building up card combos to play for points, and there's potential for interaction among players with every single play. Since there are only seven interaction types, it's quick to learn and kinda quick to play. Best of all, it's compact. 3nodding

Questionable Regular

Any version of Fluxx is fun. It is a (relatively) fast paced card game that is easy to learn. Because it is an easy game and usually plays rather quickly, you can play it more anywhere. The games themselves are fairly cheap (average of $15) considering. I say games because there are many different versions and each has a different style and feel. I personally love Cthulhu Fluxx because chaos and losing are a very active part of the gameplay.

If you want a more involved game, Settlers of Catan can be fun. It is a more intense game that involves focus and strategy that can take an average of a hour or two to get through. I personally think that it is a great game for testing out the waters of long, strategy board games. If you enjoy Settlers of Catan, you'd probably enjoy similar games. Speaking of which, Small World is similarly intense that there is focus and strategy needed, and can take a long time to get through. It can be a lot more fun due to a lot more variety possible during each game. You are unlikely to play the same game twice with Small World. However, this larger games come with a rather large price tag and are best as party games. They tend to lose their fun with less people, but can take a long time the more people you have. It is also a game you don't want to play with people who don't like losing.

King of Toyko is another party game, but has a slightly smaller price tag and can be played much quicker than the previous two games mentioned. It is a silly game of King of the Hill (if you are familiar with that), so usually you can expect laughter. King of New York is very similar, with some additional features.

Takenoko is a more aesthetically pleasing Settlers of Catan. It also, strangely, has a more relaxed feeling. While still being pretty high on the price scale compared to some games, it is relatively cheap compared to other large games. You'll also find that it tends to be a quicker game than the other large, strategy games.

Those are just some games simply off of the top of my head. There are a number of stores that allow customers to just test out board and card games, such as Guardian Games. I would check out to see if there are any stores like that near you, get a small group together (four tends to be the best number when testing games), and see what games you enjoy the most.

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

Have you tried any of the expansions for Munchkin? I've played Axe cop and the Adventure time ones and they are fantastic! Really worth getting and looking into the others if you enjoy the game. It adds some awesome variety.

I've played Zombicide but I don't own it. However, it really really is good and so much fun. I hope to pick it up some day!

Ticket to ride; train adventure where you collect cards of various types of train car colours and you have to claim railway routes connecting cities. Pros; super fun and easy. The normal board (I love Europe because it's the most balanced), is up to 5 players, but you can purchase a 2 and 3 player board. Cons; It's longish and it's not a super interactive game; you're trying to reach your own goals.

Smallworld super light Risk-type game, but want something a bit shorter and fun. THIS is your game. Pros; so much fun, minimum 2 players up to 5 and you can buy a 6 player board. Tons of expansions too. Cons; It's not hard to play, but the rule set can be confusing if you've not played war games before (Oh. And waaaaay too many pieces! Clearing it up is not fun)

Resistance This is my groups warm up or chill down game. It's a deduction and bluffing game and will make you want to kill your friends after (It's so much fun playing this then going into a game of Munchkin. You will want to kill your friends seriously!) Pros; Super super short. Cons; you need five players at least!

Dixit Really clever starter game. Players select cards that match a title suggested by the storyteller, and attempt to guess which player selected which card. Requires a lot of imagination. Pros; the art on the cards is amazing. Cons; I've found out that not everyone likes it.

I want to continue and go on about more! But I've gone on too long so will stop here!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff