Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

14,200 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Okay, on my Pokemon X game, I'm breeding a 5 IV Male (with destiny knot) and a 4IV female (with everstone). Will I eventually get a 5IV offspring? I've been trying for foreeeeeveeeer and I really want this pokemon to be on my team in the beginning or my Omega Ruby game.

I have the means to make a 5IV offspring, but not with the eggmoves and HA that I'm trying to get from this 4IV female. .-. So I'm getting kinda...antsy? Anyways! Any advice is appreciated!

Magical Lunatic

Its a shame that Smogon's IV Breeding Calculator [destinyknot.tk] seems to be down. They'd give you a ratio of what eggs would be whatever. You'll probably get another 5IV in a 100* or so.
*not exact amount of course. you could get it in your next batch

I'm assuming that you've got all six stats covered. In any case, I know how frustrating it must be. Just keep on trucking.

User Image

Magical Girl

14,200 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Okay, thanks!

Upon looking at it again, the male has the egg move and the hidden ability that I need. It's just that he can't pass down the hidden ability without a ditto. Blaaaaah.

Magical Lunatic

Meikahna
Okay, thanks!

Upon looking at it again, the male has the egg move and the hidden ability that I need. It's just that he can't pass down the hidden ability without a ditto. Blaaaaah.

Both genders can pass hidden abilities in XY.

Magical Girl

14,200 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh
Meikahna
Okay, thanks!

Really? Everywhere I've read keeps saying that only males can pass them down if they breed with a ditto. D:

Magical Lunatic

Meikahna
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh
Meikahna
Okay, thanks!

Really? Everywhere I've read keeps saying that only males can pass them down if they breed with a ditto. D:

Oh crap, you're right. I was thinking egg moves. sweatdrop

Do you have any 3IV Dittos from the Friend Safari?

Magical Girl

14,200 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh
Meikahna
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh
Meikahna
Okay, thanks!

Oh crap, you're right. I was thinking egg moves. sweatdrop

Do you have any 3IV Dittos from the Friend Safari?

I have a 4IV ditto, but I also have a 4IV female eevee. I figured there's a better chance of eggs with an actual female eevee. .-.

Everyday Genius

The males will pass down hidden abilities as long as you breed him with a female of the same species or ditto. Males just have a lower chance of passing down hidden abilities.

Magical Girl

14,200 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
LiteWhisper
The males will pass down hidden abilities as long as you breed him with a female of the same species or ditto. Males just have a lower chance of passing down hidden abilities.

Really? Is there any where else that says that? D: Like I said, every where I read said that males couldn't.

Magical Girl

14,200 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Yeah, even Serebii is saying that the males only pass down the HA if breeding with a ditto.

Everyday Genius

Meikahna
LiteWhisper

Really? Is there any where else that says that? D: Like I said, every where I read said that males couldn't.

Actually, I might be wrong. I can't find anything either. I was going off by how I breed and I might just be mixing up the stuff I know. Sorry sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff