Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

i'm looking into buying a graphics tablet soon but don't know too much about it
        i'd like one just for drawing/personal use, maybe to make annotations/notes for school work and such as well?
        atm i'm thinking an intuos pen & touch small or something by huion...?
        overall, i'm looking for something small-ish and good for a beginner! and cheap ofc orz

so, my question is, which drawing tablet do you use?
        do you like it, and why?
        thanks in advance lovelies ♡

Try to get a medium sized tablet, it'll be more comfortable.
I have a Huion h610 and it works well, except in some programs.

O.G. Loiterer

10,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have an Intuos 4 Medium at home. Medium is a good size. I find large a bit too large and small a bit too small. At the school studio's I use the cintiq's which are great, and I'm planning on getting one myself when I have the money, but I'll be going into the field.

So if you're looking for something to try out and casually use, the Intuos or Bamboo should do the trick for you.

Celestial Dog

I have an intuos 4, size small I think?

It's still kicking despite old horror stories of wacom products dying after a few years. I got it when the line just came out and love it. before that I had an intuos 3. I've been drawing for over 10 years and only gone through three tablets, they're pretty sturdy and reliable if you get the right kind (my first was cheap garbage that required a battery inside its very flimsy and breakable pen)

The unfortunate situation with tablets is that wacom has such a massive monopoly on them. Most people you talk to will say they have some line of Wacom tablet, and that it was very expensive. Most other tablet brands are either unreliable or just don't have enough for artists to trust to buy them.

If you're going for a wacom, though, I'd recommend a super simple and cheap one. one without buttons. ...both because they make the tablet more expensive, and because you'll never use them. They're totally pointless and annoying unless you REALLY want to make use of them.

Anxious Noob

I use a wacom intuos small touch and it costs about $100 if you get one without touch it's about $80 (the touch is pretty useless and i don't even use it). For me this tablet works great i've had it for a year and it still works like new.

The only problem for this tablet is the size, if you easily get hand pains or cramps or you're going to use it for long periods of time. I recommend you spend a little extra and get a larger size to give less stress to your hands. A medium one would probably be up to $200, if this isn't really with in your price range, it's better to save up and wait rather then just going for a cheaper one that may injure you in the future.

Peculiar Entrepreneur

I use a Monoprice 8x6. I like it a lot. It's inexpensive and a big step up from a old tablet pc. Came with 2 pen, batteries and some spare nibs.

Thieving Rogue

Psychonautic
I use a Monoprice 8x6. I like it a lot. It's inexpensive and a big step up from a old tablet pc. Came with 2 pen, batteries and some spare nibs.

I second this. I think mine is a different size, but their tablets are really good and a great price.

Sugaruni's Fangirl

Fluffy Adventurer

♉ At first I used a small Kanvus Light 54. It had a soft and bouncy feel to it,
                  not like the hard Genius I have now xD Inexpensive, light, came with a pen.
                  It's was an adorable little tablet for starting out, and I still wish I had it. It's.. broken beyond belief now, though.
                  Dogs and tablets don't mix very well.

ATM, using a Genius 608XE. It's hard.. and there's not much pressure tbh. Also not very expensive, and it came with a mouse, a pen, loads of pen nibs. But I'm getting used to it.
                  OTL I want to try out a Wacom tablet but the only way I'm doing that is by killing my Genius. I can't do that to my baby.
                  Plus I've only had it for a year or so. I heard the intuos' are really good, as well as the cintiq. //drools
                  I want a cintiq...

9,000 Points
    • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    I currently use a really old bamboo fun tablet that's really tiny but still works fine, I used to own a medium sized wacom intuos that I liked a lot better because it had more space to draw on. But wacom is really expensive but works quite well.

heartcracks's Partner

Fluffy Kitten

I just got a Wacom Intuos Pen and touch... I think it is great to use and it is not that expensive compared to some others biggrin

Friendly Friend

nicolechantn
    Nankimi
    murmurlade
    Reigeckt
    Psychonautic
    taigaryo
    Q2k
    Sea Seven Colours
    fkuwu

hey all!
          thank you sooo much for your replies, i normally would respond individually and more quickly
          but i've been quite busy with school and some family stuff -
          anyways i read everyone's replies and decided on an intuos pen & touch medium ^.^
          it will be my xmas present to myself hehe
          and i'll go ahead and tip everyone as my lil xmas present to you~

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas