Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like the brow mod. Eye mods.Mouth mods.
All the scissors for hair and for clothing.
That pretty much widens what you can do with your avi.

What to use those on?
We now have a variety of very affordable items, thanks to recoloring and re releasing.
Plus the stuff at the gold shops aren't so bad either.

The manners / styles have also become somewhat affordable so yeah.

Enduring Spirit

icetears
Anything that modifies your hair, clothes, or facial features (such as makeup that cuts your eyes) increases your wardrobe dramatically. I would consider them must-haves.

This exactly. I need different kinds of those mods to fully express my avi. I'm sure a big chunk of Gaians consider them must-haves nowadays.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Tastes change with time and larger item pools.

Everyone seems to have some sort of base mod, and some limb mods that they like, whether it be the ever-popular rosamund set or someting else. I think nowadays people like to customize their avatars as much as possible, relying more on little touches like makeup and limbs than set looks or individual items.

I think nowadays, with so many items, there's less "must haves" than common items, like the scissors. People have their preferences and style and match their inventories to that.

As someone with a broad style it's hard someitmes ;v;

Barton Cleric

20,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Medalist 100
tab I think Agape, or any hair cutting tool, is essential. Actually, any mod, may it be leg, arm, or face, is very nice and adds range.

Omnipresent Spirit

Honestly my style is so over the place that the only essential items I use are all face and hair mods. I'd love to see a lot more mouths that layer over everything like sweet talker and noses like pick your nose.

I also like to have as many leg mods as possible. I hate the default male legs.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
mermaid ghosts

Do I make you nostalgic? ninja

Anyway everyone needs Le Belle Chanteuse and Tisiphone's Vindictive Grace because of the makeup mods. Everyone needs makeup. 4laugh

Oh and any wig/hair mod that you can find. You can never have too many hairstyles.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Nenanah
Everyone needs makeup. 4laugh

Allow me to (humorously) disagree. This is what Le Belle Chanteuse does to my avatar's face:

User Image

rofl

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
* Agape and other hair cut poses
* Facial expressions, so the manners are great sets. For makeup, I say the eyeshadows.
* At least three event/cheap skins to juggle around-- I recommend BOO skin, 2k9 Chocolate, and the latest Chauntelle one.
* Boob enhancers are fun!
* Multiple EIs for diverse poses. Highly recommend masquerade for the blushes and freckles!
* Whenever new chance items show up, I try to get the cheap sets.
* Tsunami KO shirts are a great alternative for adding defined abs, especially on female bases.
* Tattoos are great for colour unity, I find.
* For shop items, I go with Monocle, card shark bands, neck ribbons, spacey leggings and tops, reversible hair pins, tennis headbands, ring pops, and rivet heels.

Stellar Succubus

Ciel hair cutting scissors, however you can get them, whether as the standalone or in the rei. They're far too useful not to be a staple in anyone's inv.

I can't think of anything as universally useful as that, though I'd say some skins and plain skintone or black/white arm mods make for more dynamic avatars.

If you're a girl who likes to be busty, The Celestial Rose is incredibly useful as it layers under so many items without peeking out, and gives an ample bust.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Salathielly
Nenanah
Everyone needs makeup. 4laugh

Allow me to (humorously) disagree. This is what Le Belle Chanteuse does to my avatar's face:

User Image

rofl

LOL rofl

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
A good hair pose can bring so much personality to a face, so I always keep plenty of items with nice hair on hand.

I've become fond of the combination of Rosamund eyes and La Belle Chanteuse lately. The makeup just works really nice with them.

I'd love an Agape, but it would take most of my available funds to get one unless I got really lucky or something. sad

Bibliophile

Masquerade is a very versatile item that can always add a little touch around the face.

La Belle Chanteause's make up pose is also a must-have- it layers over the mouth of face-mods. This way you can make face-mods that look a little wonky because of the mouth still look very nice. For instance: The Daughter of Snows facemod on its own looks very awkward to me, but combined with La Belle Chanteause it is gorgeous <3

Either a Punishing or Amadea can add a nice cleavage to any avatar.

Beloved Bunny

17,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I love that so many of you are mentioning both brow mods & the scissors or agape hair cut mods, as those are things i've never used myself. although, i didnt even know there were brow mods haha. but i've been thinking about picking up one of the scissor mods at some point, so maybe i finally will since literally so many of you posters are talking about them!

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

The only "must have" item there is in my opinion is Sainte Ciel: Agape (or Agape Cut).

Other than that it's just personal preference.

Beloved Bunny

17,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
TasteChaos
Masquerade is a very versatile item that can always add a little touch around the face. La Belle Chanteause's make up pose is also a must-have- it layers over the mouth of face-mods. This way you can make face-mods that look a little wonky because of the mouth still look very nice. For instance: The Daughter of Snows facemod on its own looks very awkward to me, but combined with La Belle Chanteause it is gorgeous <3

Either a Punishing or Amadea can add a nice cleavage to any avatar.

la belle chanteuse is actually really cute, thats an item i've never heard of.
i like how the makeup layers over the ciel storge eyes, although it makes them look a little like the rosamund eyes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff